PDA

View Full Version : Naruto 105 Discussion

Terracosmo
Thu, 10-21-2004, 08:38 PM
What's new this week in the land of stupid ninjas with tight clothes?

Arog
Thu, 10-21-2004, 08:39 PM
^^ lol another 10 mins and im done dling mwhahaha

Edit:

decent episode...learn about idate and his brother and can naruto get any stupider....jeez

Terracosmo
Thu, 10-21-2004, 09:32 PM
Okay saw it, some thoughts...

- Rasengan & Chidori were thrown out like they were some simple moves being used for the hell of it.
- Wouldn't you reckon that the almighty second hokage had a better sword than that worthless lightsaber rip-off which doesn't seem to be able to kill stuff?
- What the hell was Ibiki's question all about? Are there mistranslations about? I don't understand shit.
- It was funny to see Ibiki with hair underneath his cap.
- The whole thing feels sort of like a plothole. It's hard to explain.

Despite this, and some other things, this was actually quite amusing. Aoi hasn't gone down yet, which is more than I expected from him.
I like how he canceled out both rasengan & chidori. And while Idate's backstory felt cliche, it was still entertaining to see flashbacks with Ibiki in 'em and all that. I don't know, this feels like more than the average filler due to the fact that Idate is the brother of a main story character.

Expect Naruto to go kyuubi on Aoi's ass next episode.

BTW Ibiki looks more like Idate's father than brother, freakin' 30 years older or so.

Arog
Thu, 10-21-2004, 09:57 PM
lol gotta agree there with how these "brothers look"

another thing is naruto just sits on his ass while sasuke charges in with chidori why didnt he go rasengan aoi's ass when aoi stunned sasuke....
and what do u mean ibiki's question i missed that maybe?

and wasnt aoi a jounin before he went off to hidden rain so he should have been able to read the scroll

Krbadass
Thu, 10-21-2004, 10:12 PM
I understood it, but i don't like how they threw out the chidori and the rasengan like that.. gay fillers.. This isn't in the manga right?

Kolat
Thu, 10-21-2004, 10:31 PM
No it isn't.

I'm being annoyed by the fillers, not because they are fillers, but because everyone keeps seeming like they're acting out of character. Naruto leading the group, Sasuke standing around doing nothing alot, Sakura suddenly being a total badass. If they would at least keep true to the characters I would enjoy this arc alot more.

kyubisrage
Thu, 10-21-2004, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by: Arog
lol gotta agree there with how these "brothers look"

another thing is naruto just sits on his ass while sasuke charges in with chidori why didnt he go rasengan aoi's ass when aoi stunned sasuke....
and what do u mean ibiki's question i missed that maybe?

and wasnt aoi a jounin before he went off to hidden rain so he should have been able to read the scroll

Maybe because he has like 40 fucking sharp pin stuck in his fucking leg and when sakura and sasuke fell i thought naruto would of summon gamabunta and he could of saved him.

Outtawack311
Fri, 10-22-2004, 02:13 AM
This series is so cliche its sickening. Anyone with half a brain knows whats going to happen and knew what was going to happen from the first episode of this "arc". It seems every fight is about the exact same as the last one, do something different. Uh oh, they get outclassed, then suddenly they surprise the enemy by getting pissed off and suddenly gaining more strength and naruto just takes a beating till the other moron tires out. Then after all that, surprise they miraculously beat an opponent who should have had them dead with the first hit.

How does the second hokage have that sword? If it cuts through anything then why wasnt that kunai sliced in half and the sword half way through sasuke's skull. They should at least stick to the story they are feeding us. I mean seriously, dont tell us the sword is unstoppable and cuts through anything then in the next scene its just a tazer that cant cut a kunai. Oh yeah, shouldnt that kunai at least have cunducted the electricity and shocked the hell out of sasuke.

Naruto is getting annoying and crappy.

Mut
Fri, 10-22-2004, 02:17 AM
105 is a pretty gay episode. sasuke got beaten like a step child. naruto was stupid as usual and sakura did nothing. pathetic.

TwisT
Fri, 10-22-2004, 03:30 AM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
Okay saw it, some thoughts...

- Rasengan & Chidori were thrown out like they were some simple moves being used for the hell of it.
- Wouldn't you reckon that the almighty second hokage had a better sword than that worthless lightsaber rip-off which doesn't seem to be able to kill stuff?
- What the hell was Ibiki's question all about? Are there mistranslations about? I don't understand shit.
- It was funny to see Ibiki with hair underneath his cap.
- The whole thing feels sort of like a plothole. It's hard to explain.

Despite this, and some other things, this was actually quite amusing. Aoi hasn't gone down yet, which is more than I expected from him.
I like how he canceled out both rasengan & chidori. And while Idate's backstory felt cliche, it was still entertaining to see flashbacks with Ibiki in 'em and all that. I don't know, this feels like more than the average filler due to the fact that Idate is the brother of a main story character.

Expect Naruto to go kyuubi on Aoi's ass next episode.

BTW Ibiki looks more like Idate's father than brother, freakin' 30 years older or so.

yes i agree.. using Rasengan and Chidori like that was just gay.. And that Sasuke got mad when Aoi said that about him being the weakest.. It was all true.. And Sasuke know it.. And if he dont he is the most ignorant charter in Naruto.. No actually most ignorant in all of anime-history.. It actually looked as he thought of Itachi and then thought, "I can beat Itach with one hand behind my back" or something.. Or else there was nothing to get pissed about.. Idiot

And yes it is a completly worthless sword.. It could cut through the ropes like a hot knife through butter.. But he could do nothing against Naruto & Co.. It seems the only thing its good for is for blocking attacks.. And it did became a crack in the lightning (how that is even possible will forever be a mysteri).. But that means that Naruto is going to throw himself with an rasengan at Aoi and the crack is still going to be there and he is going to beat him.. Or maybe it will take Kyubi-power + rasengan but he will crack the sword..

The question?? Do u refer to the one in the chunin-exam that Idate failed?? I think it was that you you take the 10th problem and 1 of the 3 in the team will fail and never be able to become an genin.. And unlike the one naruto got, you where supposed to quit to pass because its selfish.. it will cost someone there right to become a chunin if you stay.. And in real life it would be like desiding if you will do a mission when you know it will cost you one of your teammates.. Then you have to abort.. At least thats how i got the question..

Or you can just read what \/ kooshi \/ wrote under me since he's much better with the words then me i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

And yes, a cant see them as brothers.. He's way to old.. He must be at least 35-40..

Well hopefully the next will be the last..

kooshi
Fri, 10-22-2004, 03:30 AM
I thought this episode was doing good right until the fighting started. From there, it just went downhill FAST. I agree with how Rasengan and Chidori were treated like mere child's play. It's supposed to be their trump card, yet they played it first, jeez. Do some fire techniques with kage bunshin first.

Also, regarding Idate's Chuunin exam, I think the reason why Ibiki failed everyone was because of the whole teamwork thing. The Genins chose to take the question, even at the expense of one of their team members. I still find it stupid how Idate can't figure it out, even if my assumption is wrong. It's been three freaking years.

Danik
Fri, 10-22-2004, 04:06 AM
I don't get that final question... if I choose to leave I fail, in the other hand if I stay, I fail too... wtf is up with that??
Now correct me if I'm wrong... but if I remember well Hibiki was a chuunin exam teacher for the first time when Naruto was around... right? 'cause I remember him saying something on the lines of "this year you are out of luck, im the rule" or something like that.

And as far as the fight goes... what a dissapointment... that sword could cut thru anything but flesh... and the rasengan and chidori are been thrown left and right like if it was nothing, but that's not all... seems like Sakura all of the sudden will be useful for the next episode...

I would make other observations but I would be spoiling, so to sum it up all I have to say... I hate fillers.

kooshi
Fri, 10-22-2004, 04:37 AM
Originally posted by: Danik
I don't get that final question... if I choose to leave I fail, in the other hand if I stay, I fail too... wtf is up with that??
Now correct me if I'm wrong... but if I remember well Hibiki was a chuunin exam teacher for the first time when Naruto was around... right? 'cause I remember him saying something on the lines of "this year you are out of luck, im the rule" or something like that.

First off, his name is IBIKI (not to insult you, but just to correct you). Second, I would think that those Genins who left the room were stopped by some other Chuunins to say that they actually passed and moved them to another room.

Omake
Fri, 10-22-2004, 05:39 AM
Since I have only seen the raw, I'll only comment on a few elements: where the fuck did Sakura's filler superstrength go? Apparently she can lift a ship's mast, but not Sasuke's body. Also, Sasuke cracked the 2nd Hokage's lightsaber? Why was Chidori, an attack which is based on lightning, even fucking effective against a lightsaber? That's like tossing a clod of dirt at Gaara and expecting him to get owned.

AnimeEd
Fri, 10-22-2004, 07:36 AM
because if they stayed, one of their team member will fail forever(eg die in a real mission)
while if they left, then they can come back and do it again next time around (eg doing the mission at a better time)

LobsterMagnet
Fri, 10-22-2004, 08:29 AM
Wow haven't scene the episode yet but the more I hear about it the more I'm becomming discouraged(light saber WTF). Maybe naruto will attack the green haired guy with a super powerful rasengan. A rasengan so powerful it will knock naruto, sasuke, and sakura unconscious so they can forget about these events ever happening and the story can move back to it's proper course.

Or better yet Naruto beats the evil Jounin guy and wakes up and realizes that it's all a dream. Anything to get rid of all these horrible character inconsistancies. Naruto using the rasegan in front of sasuke. Grrrrrr I think fellow manga readers know how that completly destroys some very important character development later.

basey44
Fri, 10-22-2004, 08:43 AM
haha u tell em lobster "dont blame me, blame the intro. the intro did it" i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif
these episodes seem to get worse and worse. i was shocked when i saw in the ep what lobster just discussed

DarthEnderX
Fri, 10-22-2004, 09:05 AM
Why was Chidori, an attack which is based on lightning, even fucking effective against a lightsaber?
This actually makes complete sense as Chidori's nickname is "Lightning Edge" because Kakashi supposedly cut through a lightning bolt with the move.

So if Chidori can cut lightning, it makes sense it can effect a lightning sword. I thought that was actual good work on the writers keeping that in line with something stated previously on the show.

And unlike the one naruto got, you where supposed to quit to pass because its selfish.. it will cost someone there right to become a chunin if you stay
This is exactly right. Idate's questions was different than Naruto's. It wouldn't make sense for them to give the same question every exam, it would be too easy to find out what it was. The point of Idate's question is that, by choosing to stay you are choosing to sacrifice one of your teammates for you're own personal advancement. And that's obviously not what they want in a Chuunin.

where the fuck did Sakura's filler superstrength go?
Well, the last time she used it, it kinda looked like she was "channeling her inner Sakura", so likely, she's not that strong all the time. Only when she really concentrates.

Naruto using the rasegan in front of sasuke.
Naruto hasn't used the Rasengen in front of Sasuke. When he used it underwater, Naruto was way at the bottom while Sasuke was up at the top. And that wasn't even a full rasangen to boot.

Wouldn't you reckon that the almighty second hokage had a better sword than that worthless lightsaber rip-off which doesn't seem to be able to kill stuff?
I suppose it's still above the swords of Hokage's that didn't even HAVE a sword. Maybe the 2nd Hokage liked having a sword that incapacitated people instead of killing them.

basey44
Fri, 10-22-2004, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by: DarthEnder

Naruto using the rasegan in front of sasuke.
Naruto hasn't used the Rasengen in front of Sasuke. When he used it underwater, Naruto was way at the bottom while Sasuke was up at the top. And that wasn't even a full rasangen to boot.

er i thought both sasuke and naruto used a chidori and rasengan on front of eachother just then fighting Aoi infront of the bridge

DarthEnderX
Fri, 10-22-2004, 09:31 AM
No, Sasuke wasn't there yet when Naruto used the Rasengan, and by the time Sasuke arrived Naruto was on the ground with legs o' needles.

In fact, it seems like everytime Naruto needs to use Rasengan, Sasuke is conveniently out of sight. So I expect Naruto WILL be using it again since Sasuke just happened to fall off a bridge.

TwisT
Fri, 10-22-2004, 09:55 AM
I dont want to seem like a know it all (or something, im bad with words sometimes) but Naruto cant use Chidori i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Stoopider
Fri, 10-22-2004, 10:36 AM
Argh. Another retarded episode. Thank God It's just a side quest, and not part of the main show, or doesn't effect the main show.

It's really gay fight scene. I expected more from Sasuke. Naruto's dumb enough to throw the rasengan and jump right at the enemy. Sasuke's fighting was dissapointing.

They're fighting a Jounnin. Which they most likely have no chance winning. Both of them. Unless Naruto summons out the kyuubi or some rubbish. The thing they should have done was fight together. And maybe let the runner boy continue his journey, while stalling the jounnin.

Anyway, The question Idate gave is even more stupid.

The idea that friends and companions are above the mission. If you think that way, then nobody wants to go on missions. Because there would always be casualties or death, either on your side, or the enemies side. You can't predict who's going to die or not in a battle. But what you can do is 'never leave anyone behind'.

I hope the ending scenes where Naruto says "I'll keep on trying again and again". I hope he doesn't keep on using the rasengan until he finally breaks the sword. That would be gay. At least fight more intelligently for Gawd's SAKE!

PrinceMarth
Fri, 10-22-2004, 11:21 AM
Sasuke has too much pride, he doesn't want to fight Naruto. The anime people are trying to show Sasuke getting more and more frustrated with his "weakness", which will probably have results later on.

Konohamaru
Fri, 10-22-2004, 12:26 PM
omg another episode, I thought it would end this time round. *sigh*. Yea, everyones out of character and it is cliche. Grrr, I don't mind these fillers but I REALLY want to go back on track with the manga now!!!!!

Ryllharu
Fri, 10-22-2004, 12:39 PM
Please don't tell me there's going to be another eps of this...

chambers
Fri, 10-22-2004, 12:56 PM
ah man that was poor
1. why the hell does idate not recognize naruto or sasuke? sure its understandable that they not recognize him as hes is just your average ninja, but idate would know who both sasuke and naruto were. this is because sasuke is the last of his clan in the village and i imagine it would be pretty common knowledge that a slaughter took place and as the clan is so revered idate woudl recognize the symbol on his back. naruto woudl be known to almost all the villigers surley?

2. why the hell did chidori (a thrusting assasination technique) fare better against that sword than rasengan (wich for all the ties weve seen it seems to be more of a physical push)??? and why the hell does the genius ninja sasuke use the same technique TWICE? and WHY THE HELL doesnt his sharingan allow him to predict that..........HES NOT GOING TO MOVE AT ALL he just runs right into it.

Watashi Wa Jiraiya Desu
Fri, 10-22-2004, 01:43 PM
I hate the way Chidori and Rasengan are just getting used ALL the time.

it is the sucks.

kooshi
Fri, 10-22-2004, 01:55 PM
All these points made so far explain why this is a bad episode. I particularly HATE the fact how Chidori and Rasengan were used so often and so early.
The only thing that doesn't completely ruin this series is that this filler arc is gonna end soon. The other episodes for this arc have been okay, but this episode just put the arc into a hole.

Uchiha-Itachi
Fri, 10-22-2004, 01:56 PM
WHINE WHINE WHINE

this ep rocked i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Mgslee
Fri, 10-22-2004, 02:03 PM
I dont know about you guys but this episode seems fairly consistent with naruto canon

1 ) Naruto and Sasuke throwing out there "trump" cards so fast is expected. why? cause they are Genin and as a Genin (ie less experienced Ninja) you'll always want to use your "biggest toy". Whats even funnier is that if they didnt use them some of you would whine "why didnt he just Chidori his ass to start with" or something like that instead of wasting Chakra doing all the other jutsu's.

2) I think what makes the sword special is that it can serve multiple purposes. Generally its not always on the "kill" setting so to speak. There fore it can be used for torture / capture and Aoi really seems to just want to toy with the Genin and idate.

I actually liked this episode, Naruto's and Sasuke's inexperience shows when they tried to fight Aoi on there own, which makes sense since they are Genin. The one thing thats been bugging me this whole filler is where the heck did Sasukes speed go... seems like hes forgotten all the training Kakashi did with him minus the Chidori. I understand that Sasuke doesnt have as much stamina as Naruto but when he waws insulted buy Aoi and started his 2nd Chidori he should've been so mad that he'd use everything he had left to get around Aoi and hit him.... oh well...

I'm actually hoping Sakura did something good like toss illusions down the cliff/bridge ...

Mut
Fri, 10-22-2004, 02:30 PM
No, Sasuke wasn't there yet when Naruto used the Chidori, and by the time Sasuke arrived Naruto was on the ground with legs o' needles.

In fact, it seems like everytime Naruto needs to use Chidori, Sasuke is conveniently out of sight. So I expect Naruto WILL be using it again since Sasuke just happened to fall off a bridge.
tell me this was on purpose. you can't be this stupid.

jing
Fri, 10-22-2004, 02:33 PM
I think he really meant it -_-"

DrunkPotHead
Fri, 10-22-2004, 02:44 PM
While the content wasn't very consistent, the animation is awesome. It's almost on par with season one, which makes me want to watch it again.

Saruto
Fri, 10-22-2004, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by: Mut@t@

No, Sasuke wasn't there yet when Naruto used the Chidori, and by the time Sasuke arrived Naruto was on the ground with legs o' needles.

In fact, it seems like everytime Naruto needs to use Chidori, Sasuke is conveniently out of sight. So I expect Naruto WILL be using it again since Sasuke just happened to fall off a bridge.

...He did a error...what's the problem?..use your logic and it will be fine...maybe you dont have enough??

i'll clarify this for you...when he said that naruto was using the chidori he meant rasengan...wow that was really difficult huh?...now shut the hell up when you try to flame a guy that does some errors...your the biggest error ever done here so if i were you i would just shut the fuck up...oh and even if your a mod i dont care i'm just telling my point of view of you.

PossiblE
Fri, 10-22-2004, 03:04 PM
I don't know if this was pointed out, but Sasuke did Chidori twice without using hand seals... Damn fillers suck.

SeifeR
Fri, 10-22-2004, 03:08 PM
ya, the fighting was pathetic. They put a lot more thought in the fight vs Zabuza. This fight vs Aoi coulda been really good and like cmon, using the rasengan and chidori, theyre special moves like that to attack the sword? woulda u think they woulda tried something so they could get their move past the sword to hit Aoi. They cant go one on one with a jounin, they gotta use teamwork.

Aeon
Fri, 10-22-2004, 03:39 PM
1. why the hell does idate not recognize naruto or sasuke? sure its understandable that they not recognize him as hes is just your average ninja, but idate would know who both sasuke and naruto were. this is because sasuke is the last of his clan in the village and i imagine it would be pretty common knowledge that a slaughter took place and as the clan is so revered idate woudl recognize the symbol on his back. naruto woudl be known to almost all the villigers surley?

Oh give him a break do you know everyone in your town? Idate is 3yrs older then them so there is no reason why he should know about his under class, heck even Neji didn't know who Sasuke was and he is only a yr older.

2. why the hell did chidori (a thrusting assasination technique) fare better against that sword than rasengan (wich for all the ties weve seen it seems to be more of a physical push)??? and why the hell does the genius ninja sasuke use the same technique TWICE? and WHY THE HELL doesnt his sharingan allow him to predict that..........HES NOT GOING TO MOVE AT ALL he just runs right into it.

It's called Lightning Edge for a reason, like Gai said it cut through a lightning bolt so a sword made of lighting should have the same effect. Plus the sword isnt even that strong it'd melt butter before it cut it.

On to the ep, I actually liked it.

Winged Dancer
Fri, 10-22-2004, 03:57 PM
Ok, I was really really doing my best to like this things. Up until 103, I liked them. 104 was stupid, but not that bad. This is just bad. Bad.
I can't even start to say where, but the people above me have already explained it. Sure, I agree that Naruto is simple enough to use the rasengan at every possible chance, but Sasuke should now better - he's a genius and better at strategy than Naruto is.
Why is he throwing Chidoris around like they're nothing? He can only use two, too.

Also, Aoi just pisses me off. He's just stupid and way too gay. WAY. He's all "hur hur I've got my parasol and the Hokage's katana which doesn't look like a katana HUR HUR LOLZ!!1!"

I'm hoping this ends next week so we can move onto the manga storyline already.

jing
Fri, 10-22-2004, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by: Saruto

...He did a error...what's the problem?..use your logic and it will be fine...maybe you dont have enough??

i'll clarify this for you...when he said that naruto was using the chidori he meant rasengan...wow that was really difficult huh?...now shut the hell up when you try to flame a guy that does some errors...your the biggest error ever done here so if i were you i would just shut the fuck up...oh and even if your a mod i dont care i'm just telling my point of view of you.

Calm down hater.

Assertn
Fri, 10-22-2004, 04:43 PM
personally.....i like the ibiki background stuff.....
they tied it together pretty well

AcidMonkey
Fri, 10-22-2004, 05:22 PM
I'm hoping this ends next week so we can move onto the manga storyline already.

So this is just a pure filler story arc, in order to buy time for the manga to get farther ahead? As in, absolutely no relevance at all, not in the manga? Sweet ass.

To stay on-topic:
I thought this was a mediocre episode, nothing to be hated, nothing to be loved. If the answer to my first question is yes, I hope this arc at least stays consistent with the rest of the Naruto storyline. I also hate how The 2nd Hokage's sword seems pretty pansy, but maybe we'll get to see something more of it later (wishful thinking, I know. =p)

Shippou-sama
Fri, 10-22-2004, 06:23 PM
Wow. Suck suck suck. Everytime I thought it was gonna be okay, it just sucked again.

1) This is nowhere in the manga (Edit: I could care less about this specifically, I was answering the above poster).

2) The manga timeline is already screwed up, but for now it's only slightly. As in, they can still fix it if they change the location of a certain major event to come, but it'll make considerably less sense (Edit: I could care less about this, specifically, I just prefer the flow of the manga).

3) The sword can cut through anything, except the kunai that were thrown at it, the kunai Sasuke used, and the several people it hit?

4) I am not the first, nor will I be the last to say this story sucks!

5) A sword that materializes out of nothing can develop a crack, and for some reason sounds like metal when it does?

6) Why can't they just let the show pause, or air reruns? Did they really need to throw in a suck-tacular filler story? No, they didn't.

7) SUCKY!

That is all. Thank you.

Arog
Fri, 10-22-2004, 06:32 PM
ok ur a dumb ass thx....u wanna watch reruns lal the way back from zabuza arc? ..... enjoy at least they are going forward and filling in some of the mysteries like ibiki or however u spell his name and to ur #1 - Its called a filler for a reason...

Shippou-sama
Fri, 10-22-2004, 06:36 PM
Let's see . . . would I rather they butcher the continuity of a story that's already written, or just have people say "Guess what? There aren't any new episodes for a couple weeks, sorry guys!"

It's not like they're going to re-sub a rerun episode. And I have watched the show all the way from episode 1 to current repeatedly, so I wouldn't mind watching the Zabuza fight.

And hey, if you'd rather watch this crap, be my guest. Heck, I'll even give you permission to like it, if you so desire. ^_~

Jman
Fri, 10-22-2004, 06:51 PM
ep. was ok. i wasn't expecting a lot from it so i'm not bothered.
on another note that light sabe...i mean sword of raijin was kinda cool.

JKD
Fri, 10-22-2004, 07:16 PM
I thought the episode was alright, it was way better than the ones from 101 till now. I think now the good episodes have come back, and will lead nicely into the next arc

DarthEnderX
Fri, 10-22-2004, 07:49 PM
Yeah, I meant Rasengan, not Chidori.

And I though the episode was great too. Most of the stuff people think "don't make sense" make perfect sense to anyone that thinks about it for a minute, or has been paying close attention to the series.

Nightstorm
Fri, 10-22-2004, 07:52 PM
All people who know the manga should stop bitching about it not being in the manga and completely screwing up the story continuity, if you used half a brain cell you would see all the points at which they are making it fit. This story has been decent, maybe not omg gift from the heavens, but I hardly see it as being complete trash.

chambers
Fri, 10-22-2004, 08:01 PM
i havent seen the manga and i think this ep and the last were POS

Shippou-sama
Fri, 10-22-2004, 08:01 PM
I'm not trying to debate Manga vs. Anime.

The one thing that did confuse me is how a sword that cuts through anything was blocked by a kunai? I'm sorry, but it doesn't make sense to me, and if that means I only have half a brain, then I guess that must be true. That being said, can you please explain it to me?

Nightstorm
Fri, 10-22-2004, 08:50 PM
Personally, I agree with what Mgslee suggested about the sword not being in constant insta-death mode. He was using it to torture Ibiki, and Aoi definately seemed to be playing with the Naruto and co.

As for the why start throwing around chidoris and rasengans and this fight sucks compared to the Zabuza fight complaints I think that they understand they are genin and Aoi is a jounin, they probably feel they need to match power with power and the latest power they've learned is chidori and rasengan. And so far that strategy has worked for them. Oh here is a crazy sand demon entrenched in an impregnable sphere, chidori. Sand demon morphing, chidori. Shit i'm not doing anything to Kabuto, rasengan. Shit i missed, rasengan again. I actually like that for once we bring these genin down a notch. I'm not saying they absolutely must suck, they are definately exceptional, but within the constraints of relativity.

It will be interesting to see how they this fight ends. It would suck if they somehow pull something out of their ass and oh Naruto saves the day. My preference would be that Idate somehow gets by Aoi while the fight goes on, eventually wining and then Aoi would just stop fighting and leave, his job being over, or maybe something else.

theblakeman
Fri, 10-22-2004, 08:50 PM
Hope it ends next ep, at least the show is getting some good filler time in.
At least they don't have like recap episodes every season. So far I have only seen 1 recap episode at the beginning of season 2.

LobsterMagnet
Fri, 10-22-2004, 09:15 PM
Poor poor anime watchers. They don't know what there missing. Let me put it this way once the story gets back on track you'll notice a signifigant increase in quality of the storyline.

Reason why I manga readers are bitching so much about the fillers deviating from the manga is because the fillers are most likely not written by Kishimoto the creator of the naruto. Kishimoto is the god and ruler of all things in the naruto world. What he has drawn/written is very compelling I personally love the flow of his stories and naunced characters. When you create content that has nothing to do with the creator you stray from his original vision.

These filler episodes seem like they were contructed from a set of bullet points about the characters. There is no progress. Naruto may have all the qualities we like in these episodes but still there is someting missing.

The best example I can provide is dragonball GT. Even the hardest of hardcore dragon ball fans despize it immensly. Why is that you may ask? Quite simply the original creator Akira Toriyama had nothing to do with that series. Despite how far flung the storylines in dragonball are GT went down the deep end with all kinds of stupid ideas. It didn't even run nearly as long as the other dragon ball series.

Do not despair my friends for there is light at the end of this long dark tunnel. Trust me you have alot to look forward in the next story arc especially if the new opening is any indication. Rejoice one to two more weeks and we can finally get some real meat.

Mut
Fri, 10-22-2004, 09:18 PM
thanks captain obvious. you've managed to solve the mystery!

Nightstorm
Fri, 10-22-2004, 09:43 PM
Yes DBGT did suck, hard, but I think not for the reason that "Akira Toriyama had nothing to do with" it. Rather and bunch of greedy TV producers hired a shitty team to make another series that the creator did not want to on the hopes that they could continue reaping in the cash crop. If you hire good people, who know what they're doing, there is a much better chance that it will turn out decent with or without the original creator. Yes it would definitely help that the original creator was there, after all the creator would have the greatest insight into the characters and story and such. The James Bond movies have different actors and directors and crews, does every single one after the first suck because the original team didn't work on it?

And Mut@t@, if that comment was directed at me, stop being an ass. So far your contribution to this thread has been, "105 is a pretty gay episode", "you can't be this stupid" and "thanks captain obvious". Hey, you don't agree with my proposition (read: proposition - A plan suggested for acceptance; a proposal, not my imposing my will onto though measly humans) feel free to argue it with some evidence, or infrences or assertions, something aside from sarcasm and "is ... gay". And if it wasn't, my bad, but still, say something semi meaningful man.

TwisT
Fri, 10-22-2004, 09:55 PM
Well about this arc..

It dont follow any logic from the Naruto-world..

1. Sakura got superstong when she have been uterly usless thoughout the whole series..

2. At the beach when the encountered Aoi first Naruto and Sasuke did not do anything.. I mean the just jumped in and try to hit him with regular hits.. We know that can do stuff and they face of an enemy-ninja and there client that they are supposed to protect, is lying on the ground badly hurt and they just try to hurt with regular blows?? what kind of ninja are they.. And i mean what happend to Sasuke's speed from the Chunnin-exam against Gaara?? It was totaly gone.. He moved like a snail.. My grandmother could have avoided there hits..

3. When the meet up with Aoi again for the second time they just start with there finnishing move.. Naruto dont do Kage Bunshin that have become his trademark.. Oh he those it but its only to do the rasengan.. Not for the purpose of fighting with them like he always do.. Even if it would have been useless it's what he always those.. Sasuke dont do Kayton(sp?) like he always do how useless it now can be.. That's his trademark.. But no..

They dont follow the way Naruto is supposed to be at all.. Dont get me wrong.. I dont have any problems with filler arcs if they are good and dont fuck up the manga storyline and at least make it NARUTO.. Then it can be pretty entertaining.. But this was not Naruto that we all know and love.. I think even you non-manga readers can tell the diffrence between this and the regular naruto-stile..

Also something that's not go against Naruto so much but more against common sence.. The sword.. It's pure lightning.. Energy.. Energy dont have a mass.. Sure i think to that you should be able to cut it with chidori.. It's energy vs energy.. But if successfull the enery should scatter or something.. But now.. not here.. The lightning actually cracked.. like it was made of steal or something.. And i can bet that the crack will be there the next episode to and its thx to that crack, that Naruto will be able to destoy the sword and hit with his Rasengan.. Witch will be really gay.. But i really hope they will see to it that there is no crack, and i will honestly be supprised if it's not..

*EDIT* Nightstorm: It dont matter if it's useless or not.. It's there Trademark-moves.. The will always use them.. In present and future fights.. No matter how stong they are.. And it's not useless.. Kage Bunshin is a great way to test the enemy and find out about the persons stile and strenght and by analysing the enemy you have a chans to find a weakness.. And you are better prepered for what the enemy will do to you.. Same with Kayton.. It's a medium range jutsu that will make your enemy move around.. That way you can se how the enemy moves and what speed he has.. And thats useful for Sasuke because he he a taijutsu-fighter and that info will be really good to know..

AcidMonkey
Fri, 10-22-2004, 10:01 PM
I'd say I have to agree with Shippou-sama. I do not read the manga, but this story arc does suck. The characters are...out of character. And what if later on something in this little crap arc clashes with something Kishimoto wants/wanted to write. "Oh look, the Yellow Light saber of death, doom and destrucion is back...for some reason", or some crap like that (I don't know, I'm not a doctor. =p). Also, concerning Shippou-sama's other point, I would not mind rerun's for awhile, at least it saves us from this crap. Anyway, there's some people on here who sound like they've never watched some of the earlier episodes, either that or they are just extremely stupid (If you take offense to that, screw you. =p). Reruns would buy a lot of time for the manga to get ahead of the anime, without creating any rifts in the storyline.

One last thing: I love how everyone always gets so worked up over Mut@t@. =p

Aeon
Fri, 10-22-2004, 10:19 PM
3. When the meet up with Aoi again for the second time they just start with there finnishing move.. Naruto dont do Kage Bunshin that have become his trademark.. Oh he those it but its only to do the rasengan.. Not for the purpose of fighting with them like he always do.. Even if it would have been useless it's what he always those.. Sasuke dont do Kayton(sp?) like he always do how useless it now can be.. That's his trademark.. But no..

He did use them to fight, they just didnt last long just like they didnt last long against Kabuto.Jaraiya even told him against a Jounin Kage Bunshin isnt even a distraction. And to the people talking about showing reruns if you wanna watch reruns redownload them. You talk as if you're being forced to download this arc.

Assassin
Fri, 10-22-2004, 10:20 PM
damn, im late for teh discussion....

my thoughts: decent ep....the fighting was a nice break from teh corny "believe in urself" crap, but the whole raijin >> chidori & rasengan thing was fucked up. also, if aoi was any good at being a jounin he would've killed them 5 times over by now. what kind of fucking stupid jounin leaves the enemy with a poison needle in his knee....its called medicine u dumb fuck.

anyway, since i didn't bother reading all 3 pages this has probably been answered, but still...the 10th question imo was to see what was more important to the genins....thier teamates' lives or the completion of a mission....if u can redo a mission then theres no point in having a team mate die. thats probably y everyone failed. and the ones who left probably just thought they failed but were actually passed later on. thats just what i think.

can't wait till they get this arc over with....its gone on way too long. the only thing they managed to do in this ep was run up a bunch of stairs and catch up to the other guy only to meet aoi. thats like, what, 30 min in terms of "naruto time". stupid bullshit arc

TwisT
Fri, 10-22-2004, 10:37 PM
Well reruns is a terrible idé.. I would like for a filler arc thats consentrate on someone else.. I would like that they do some kind of flashback arc (not really like flashback but show something that have happend in the past).. And i think it would be a great idé to make a arc of some mission that Neji, Rock Lee, TenTen and Gai have done.. The have at least 6 month, maybe 12 month more of mission time then Naruto.. They have to have done some mission where they have fought of ninjas..

I mean an Arc like that would be filled with comedy because of Rock Lee and Gai.. Damn, i can se me laughing my ass off.. And when the action starts.. I mean comeone.. Neji and Rock Lee.. And if it's like Zabuza arc, Gai can fight a jounin to so we can see more of him and what he can do..

And then we can see the rivalry between Neji and Rock Lee on a mission..

That way we stop the timeline at where the manga is and get depper insight of other chars.. Because all we have seen so far is flashbacks on how much Rock Lee have trained and his determination..

Or it could be about some other team.. Would be cool to se what Kurenai and Asuma can do.. Because the little the did against Itachi was not much and Asumas fight with sound-ninjas was just regular taijutsu that was pretty basic..

But it would be so great to see Neji's arrogans when he pawns someone really good and Rock Lee stugles with someone that have a bloodline limit and is considerd a guenius.. Then he can feel real good about him self and say that hard work will overcome geunius(sp?), and then Neji will smerk and make a little laugh and Rock Lee will be upset and get fire in his eyes with his determination and I will laugh like hell again.. Damn i must contact the anime-makers and tell to do this if the ever going to make a filler arc again i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

CUE
Fri, 10-22-2004, 11:07 PM
meh, it was alright. Better than all the other filler crap in this shitty arc.

Still... not great.

IamSpazzy
Fri, 10-22-2004, 11:52 PM
What's with all this talk about reruns. If you want to watch reruns, just watch the old naruto eps that are up on torrents?

AcidMonkey
Sat, 10-23-2004, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by: TwisT
That way we stop the timeline at where the manga is and get depper insight of other chars..

But you see, the problem with that is what if the people writing this extra story arc give you "insights" that are contrary to what Kishimoto means. There's also the potential of clashing with future (manga) storyline, then what do they do, put a little disclaimer saying "oops!"?

Originally posted by: IamSpazzy
What's with all this talk about reruns. If you want to watch reruns, just watch the old naruto eps that are up on torrents?

The idea behind the reruns is not to bore us to death, but to give the manga a chance to get ahead of the anime, so that there is no need for "filler" episodes, whether that means stalling the manga storyline, or creating new irrelevant story arcs.

If you want "deeper insights", maybe reruns would be a good idea. You could contrast how (insert character name here) was near the beggening of the series as compared to where it currently is. You might also notice things you never noticed before, or get an insight into what message Kishimoto is getting across for a particular story arc.

Mut
Sat, 10-23-2004, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by: Nightstorm
And Mut@t@, if that comment was directed at me, stop being an ass. So far your contribution to this thread has been, "105 is a pretty gay episode", "you can't be this stupid" and "thanks captain obvious". Hey, you don't agree with my proposition (read: proposition - A plan suggested for acceptance; a proposal, not my imposing my will onto though measly humans) feel free to argue it with some evidence, or infrences or assertions, something aside from sarcasm and "is ... gay". And if it wasn't, my bad, but still, say something semi meaningful man.
if it was directed towards you, i would've quoted your post. but since i was talking LobsterMagnet and there wasn't a post after his, i didn't bother quoting it and decided to just post directly after it.

don't try to randomly grab people's attention that wasn't directed towards you.

SeifeR
Sat, 10-23-2004, 02:43 AM
the best part is when ibiki started to smash aoi. and they had that crazy music playing in the back, whats it called? and also whats the music called when naruto vs aoi.,

Danik
Sat, 10-23-2004, 03:12 AM
I think the idea of this arc was good, but the way they are developing the story is horrible, wich proves my theory that everytime there is fillers for an anime producers have monkeys writing the script.

TwisT
Sat, 10-23-2004, 03:35 AM
AcidMonkey: i dont know about you but i have every episode on my harddrive so i can rewatch them whenever.. And i watch every episode like 3 times when its released and i have rewatched the whole series several times.. I'm more happy with fillers then no episodes at all.. But as they did now, it did not even feel like the regular Naruto.. You can clearly notise that ths is not what Kishimoto have made.. But could not the anime producers have Kishimoto give them pointers of what he would like to have and wouldnot like to have in this filler arc so that it's not crashing with some of his future plans and can actually get out some good insight of other char's.. Or is Kishimoto anti-anime?? "I will never work together with the likes of you!" i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Or is it the anime producers that dont want to work together with Kishimoto?? "We and out monkey-squad can do this just as good as Kishimoto!" ..

Board of Command
Sat, 10-23-2004, 10:05 AM
The Sword of Raijin is just stupid. It belongs in Gundam or Marvel cartoons, not in a ninja world. Plus, how can lightning crack?

jedros
Sat, 10-23-2004, 11:36 AM
At least we found out that Aoi is NOT a full out jonin. Maybe the rain promoted him for betraying, but he needed Ibiki to figure out what was on the scroll of forbidden techniques

chambers
Sat, 10-23-2004, 11:45 AM
maybe he passed the test in the rain village?

Dakana
Sat, 10-23-2004, 12:23 PM
Does anyone else think that Sakura may indeed become a medical ninja? She was chosen by Tsunadae for the antidotes/healing pills, and she was the one to suggest they move to prevent any more injury to their bodies. I have another theory in Open discussion, but it has spoilers from the manga.

Board of Command
Sat, 10-23-2004, 04:22 PM
I don't really think so. Tsunade gave her the medicine because she's the girl on the team, and usually the girls are the ones carrying medicine while the guys fight.

I think her sole purpose is to help show Naruto's growth throughout the story.

Assertn
Sat, 10-23-2004, 05:39 PM
isnt rain supposed to be allied with konoha anyway?

Kagari
Sat, 10-23-2004, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by: BOARD_of_command
The Sword of Raijin is just stupid. It belongs in Gundam or Marvel cartoons, not in a ninja world. Plus, how can lightning crack?

.....why isn't this guy a contenstant on Gotwoot Survivor?

Anyways, I'm really happy with the way this new saga is tuning out. I always thought Ibiki was badass...but this just proves it 10x over!

I'm not sure I like how Sasuke just keeps busting Chidori over....and over.....and over...He's done the same move since the battle in the forest vs. gaara, and it hasn't worked once. He should go back to the badass wire tricks and flame attacks.

Naruto's mudballs were great!!! I had actually forgotten about the lost kunais untill that point. Also, they showed how ibiki got that nasty centre scar. The creators are paying close attention to detail.

EDIT: @ AssertnFailure

Hrm...I don't think Aoi is the type of guy who considers alliances of much importance. He'd fuck the genins up for the fun of it, even if he wasn't hired to do so. He's just a....bad dude.

Board of Command
Sat, 10-23-2004, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by: Kagari
.....why isn't this guy a contenstant on Gotwoot Survivor?
Not sure what you're getting at there, but hey, I already nominated myself. Check the survivor thread.

KaneInferno
Sat, 10-23-2004, 07:54 PM
just watched it. dumb.

tensai
Sat, 10-23-2004, 08:31 PM
i agree a flashback arc would be cool
maybe something that could tie in with rock lee somehow so that we dont forget that he needs to be healed by tsunade

i dont think reruns or taking time off of the anime is a good idea, if they did so
some anime watchers might not watch naruto for the time being
=
1) tv stations losing viewers and
2) if they took time off, viewers might forget about it and not come back to watch

this filler arc is better than nothing at least

Myran
Sat, 10-23-2004, 08:33 PM
It was alright, not the best episode ever, but not too bad. The only thing that bothered me was that they have a lightsabre (even the star-wars sound effects from it) and that it cracked.

Why are everyone bitching about how it isnt "what actually happened" every time there are fillers? Its all just made up anyway, its not like it matters that the Kitsimoto guy didnt write it. Lots of people also assume that this could clash with future manga things, but that isnt really an issue since this is the anime and if there is a clash they could just not add that to the anime (plus its possible the filler-writers asked Kitsimoto if he had any plans to include anything that would clash)

TwisT
Sun, 10-24-2004, 01:18 AM
Well actually what i understand Aoi was a chunnin and Idate was a gennin.. and that the was both going to get a promotion in rain for taking the scroll and sword + skills and secrets they have learned to the rain village..

So basicly Aoi is a Konoha chunnin.. Or else it dont make any sence why he would betray Konoha if he did not gain anything out of it..

wirm
Sun, 10-24-2004, 03:14 AM
I liked this episode. I agree that chidori and rasengan probably shouldn't be over-used, but it was still a good ep.

What's with people saying that the 2nd hokage's sword sucks? Just because Aoi didn't use it to kill anybody doesn't mean that it can't.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that just like every other enemy in the series, Aoi is just toying with the little genins. If he can cut through the bridge ropes so easily, I'm sure that he can cut through people too.

He probably just wants to hurt them with the shocks a little bit.

The sword seems to be pretty cool. Why would it make it's weilder invincible if it can't kill anybody? So far, we can see that it can shock people, hold people in place while shocking, cut through ropes, and block physical and chakra attacks.

What's not to like? i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

chet_chetty
Sun, 10-24-2004, 04:41 AM
damn people dont seem to understand the fact that that sword belonged to the 2nd hokage...of course it's gonna be elite and bust through chidori/rasengan. and it's not like sasuke and naruto are using those attacks to their full potential. sasuke's chakra level isnt high enough to produce a chidori that powerful (although it's evident he can raise the power of his chidori when you compare his first and second attempts) and we all know about the stages of rasengan and naruto's being the most basic version (and therefore the weakest).

and concerning why sasuke didnt use his speed to land his chidori...if you think about it aoi is damn fast as shown when he constantly keeps up with that runner from the other clan and he's not even winded. and again speed is relative in the anime. it might look like sasuke is running slow but he's actually going really fast. he's able to run and land his chidori so quick that aoi could only block it whereas naruto had to distract aoi with kagebunshin so he could make contact w/ his rasengan.

and the rest of you who hate this arc should really pay to attention to the posts in the thread that talk about how certain character's actions are furthering the continuity of what should expect from those characters. it makes this arc seem somewhat useful.

but yes, the sword looks retarded.

LobsterMagnet
Sun, 10-24-2004, 02:09 PM
Did anyone else notice how quickly those ANBU next to ibiki died? Is it just me or does it seem that the anbu get killed off really easily? I thought they were supposed to the be the elite black opps of the ninja world. Why do they seem to get killed off so easily?

?igma
Sun, 10-24-2004, 02:19 PM
because they are only there to make konoha fail, so our story-hero's can win i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

wirm
Sun, 10-24-2004, 05:50 PM
Just once, I would like to see some ANBU guys actually win a fight.

That girl who had some connection to Hayate doesn't count, because we didn't actually see them fight.

Board of Command
Sun, 10-24-2004, 07:50 PM
I didn't notice the anbu part until you mentioned it. It is kinda weird how they just fell like paper.

LobsterMagnet
Sun, 10-24-2004, 08:14 PM
Thats not the only time were the anbu quickly taken out of action. Actually now that I think about it I can't think of any instances where the ANBU kicked ass or won any fights. Kabuto seems to take them out like no bodies buisness. Before the Hokage fight they couldn't do anything to stop Orchimaru's sound 4 from creating the barrier and when Orchimaru ran off they couldn't prevent his escape.

I can understand from a story point why faceless characters can die so easily but common if these guys are the elite black opps at least show us some sort of instance where they kick some ass.

jing
Sun, 10-24-2004, 08:39 PM
What are you talking about, those anbu guys own the lion lol

funny how sasuke doesnt use his new super speed.

Mookie
Sun, 10-24-2004, 10:02 PM
I noticed that, despite this being a filler arc, the animation is quite nice.

drcitan
Sun, 10-24-2004, 11:03 PM
Man O man this episode really pissed me off. First off is the Saber. A ninja with a lighting saber is so lame. Aoi(who is supposed to be a Jounin)is fighting genin with a saber people. Hes really starting to get on my nerves and he needs to die like SOON.

KitKat
Mon, 10-25-2004, 12:09 AM
I didn't think this episode was THAT bad. In my mind, I will always compare any episode to 101, which I consider to be the worst ever. This ep had some good points. As was mentioned, the animation was nice. Also, it was fast-paced and full of action. I thought it was fun to see the chuunin exam from another point of view, as Idate was remembering it.

Bad parts include the sword of rajin. Did they really have to copy the sound effects from Star Wars?
And typical for their team, Naruto and Sasuke don't think to work together. You'd think they would have learned something from their success against Zabuza way back when.

Now for the ending...with Sasuke and Sakura plummeting off a cliff....I can imagine a satisfying splat when Sakura hits the bottom.... j/k i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

@ jing: I like your new sig!

kooshi
Mon, 10-25-2004, 12:34 PM
Well, if you compare it with the other episodes in this filler arc, it is kinda bad. The flashback with Ibiki and such are quite good. Nice to know how he got that scar, hehe.
Still, it bugs me how Chidori and Rasengan were used so early in the fight, and how the ANBU guys fell easily. Aren't they supposed to be better than the regular Jounins? They haven't been that useful since I can remember. In our terms, the Jounins would be the "police" while the ANBU would be the "SWAT" (well, that's my impression, at least).
On another point, I would MUCH prefer to watch fillers (even if it's crappy as hell) than watch reruns. I've already seen each episode like 3 times each, and I don't really wanna see the same episode when I could be watching something new.

Mut
Mon, 10-25-2004, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by: kooshi
Aren't they supposed to be better than the regular Jounins? They haven't been that useful since I can remember. In our terms, the Jounins would be the "police" while the ANBU would be the "SWAT" (well, that's my impression, at least).
i think that is incorrect. it is assumed that one becomes an anbu member before one becomes a jounin. and jounins aren't suppose be the 'police.' there is no information that hints us that

ilabb
Mon, 10-25-2004, 01:05 PM
The job of the ANBU is to run around and look important.

Jakins
Mon, 10-25-2004, 01:14 PM
105 is a pretty gay episode. sasuke got beaten like a step child. naruto was stupid as usual and sakura did nothing. pathetic.

Yes she did, she caught some of aoi's needles! I'd call that usefull!

Board of Command
Mon, 10-25-2004, 03:12 PM
i think that is incorrect. it is assumed that one becomes an anbu member before one becomes a jounin. and jounins aren't suppose be the 'police.' there is no information that hints us that
I think he was just comparing the anbu-jounin ranks to real life scenarios, he didn't mean the jounins are police in the Naruto world.

kooshi
Mon, 10-25-2004, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by: BOARD_of_command

I think he was just comparing the anbu-jounin ranks to real life scenarios, he didn't mean the jounins are police in the Naruto world.

Yeah, BOARD pretty much said what I meant, sorry if I was misleading or anything.
Still Mut@t@, the whole ANBU --> Jounin thing might be right. Kakashi used to be an ANBU member and now, he's a Jounin. But then again, like you said, it's uncertain.

wirm
Mon, 10-25-2004, 03:43 PM
I think that Jounin is just a rank, while ANBU is a job.

The ANBU are the police/military for the village, while the jounins may or may not be ANBU.

I'm also unsure of the actual rank of the ANBU. The way they get owned in every battle makes me think they are either strong chuunins or just really unlucky.

Aramis
Mon, 10-25-2004, 04:10 PM
The sword looks like quite a unique piece, all Aoi does is wave it around a little and watch it electrocute stuff.
The second was probably able to use it better, and had a whole bunch of jutsus that used the sword.
Also, the chidori is not a lightning technique, it has been stated that it consists of pure chakra, and it is based on the piercing capability of the imbued arm and the speed of the user. Rasengan is more like shooting the enemy with a huge cannon, with some sick-ass bonus effects.

er, about where the story is going...Sasuke really screwed up. He can survive if Sakura halts the fall with some smart thing (or) by sacrificing herself, but even so he's already used up all of his safe chidoris and cant do much. So Naruto will fight him, and Idate may give him the edge with some weak ninjutsu. can't see beyond that...

kooshi
Mon, 10-25-2004, 04:17 PM
Yeah, I have no idea what's gonna be happening in 106. Seems like anything goes, what with Sasuke and Sakura falling to their demise, Naruto and Idate are left alone with Aoi, and that guy (Fukesuke?) is already across the bridge.
The only thing I can imagine is after Aoi's defeat (if that happens), Naruto will just make a whole bunch of shadow replications to make a bridge for Idate.

EDIT: just a few spelling mistakes and such

KaneInferno
Mon, 10-25-2004, 05:53 PM
the battle will probably be decided by idate's knife some how, hell just chuck it at aoi and hell get scared and be like, " oh no!" and then naruto will rasengan him. they always do something corny like that.

animefreak
Mon, 10-25-2004, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by: Outtawack311
This series is so cliche its sickening. Anyone with half a brain knows whats going to happen and knew what was going to happen from the first episode of this "arc". It seems every fight is about the exact same as the last one, do something different. Uh oh, they get outclassed, then suddenly they surprise the enemy by getting pissed off and suddenly gaining more strength and naruto just takes a beating till the other moron tires out. Then after all that, surprise they miraculously beat an opponent who should have had them dead with the first hit.

How does the second hokage have that sword? If it cuts through anything then why wasnt that kunai sliced in half and the sword half way through sasuke's skull. They should at least stick to the story they are feeding us. I mean seriously, dont tell us the sword is unstoppable and cuts through anything then in the next scene its just a tazer that cant cut a kunai. Oh yeah, shouldnt that kunai at least have cunducted the electricity and shocked the hell out of sasuke.

Naruto is getting annoying and crappy.

maybe its cuz the sword was use for whipping and not killing, you knows, like torturing prisoner for question in the old day, but more painful than a normal whip cuz of the electric shocked. The sword possibly have more power than just whipping, i mean come on, the sword belongs to the 2nd hokages and not whatever his name, he's possibly couldn't solves all the sword true strength yet, ever thaught of that?

deadlydreamx
Mon, 10-25-2004, 06:18 PM
well with sasuke fallin with sakura maybe they'll fall and sasuke will get badly injured and sakura by some miracle ends up fine then they take sasuke to the hospital while naruto finishes off aoi with some kyubi powers and accompanies that running kid (i forget his name) then the anime will be back in track with the manga as in sasuke will be in the hospital

animefreak
Mon, 10-25-2004, 06:30 PM
hey, i just realize that's under each icon name's there say student for those who just join gotwoot and moderator for those who had over 3000 posts and those who join for a long time. I wonder does is mean those who stay long got a high rank or those who's posts alots?

deadlydreamx
Mon, 10-25-2004, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by: animefreak
hey, i just realize that's under each icon name's there say student for those who just join gotwoot and moderator for those who had over 3000 posts and those who join for a long time. I wonder does is mean those who stay long got a high rank or those who's posts alots?

well obviously it goes by how many posts you have cuz ive been here for about a year.. i just dont have time to post a reply like every 10 mins like other people

Board of Command
Mon, 10-25-2004, 08:20 PM
I tried to restrain myself from saying this, but what a noob! User rank titles always go by post count.

DeathscytheVII
Mon, 10-25-2004, 08:26 PM
The episode was decent up to the fight, i liked the flashback personally but then it went downhill.

I don't get it, didn't kakashi teach Sasuke Lee-style taijutsu to avoid the enemy's parry and slice past his block to the opponent? I thought Sasuke would actually dodge the sword and cut his fricken head of or something =/. Yea, i really didn't like how they 'dumbened' down Naruto and Sasuke just to make this noob of a badguy somewhat dangerous. We've seen nothing spectacular to make him equal to Gaara or Zabuza. All he has is that sword (i dont care if it looks like a lightsaber, but he pretty much wins because he waves it around, which is kinda annoying. No strategy?)

Yea, i hope Kishimoto puts a stop to these greedy producers. I'd hate to see Naruto go down this path.

animefreak
Mon, 10-25-2004, 09:18 PM
yea, i have to agree with you there. I bet kakashi can beat him up.

wirm
Mon, 10-25-2004, 11:29 PM
I'm sure you guys know that there is a significant difference between a genin and jounin. It is possibly several orders of magnitude.

In most cases, a genin would have very little chance against a chuunin, and about zero chance against a jounin.

Regardless of how much of a "noob" Aoi seems, he is a jounin of the hidden rain. That puts him in a completely different class from Naruto and Sasuke.

Anyway, I agree that Kakashi, Zabuza, or Gaara could probably do well against Aoi, but that's just a guess. We haven't seen if Aoi has really shown his full strength, or if he's just playing around.

Even without the Raijin sword, Naruto, Sakura, and Sasuke have shown no real way to block Aoi's needles.

kooshi
Tue, 10-26-2004, 12:13 AM
Don't forget that a Chuunin/Jounin's experience is more superior than a mere Genin, but by how much, I have no idea.
There are only a FEW occasions where a Genin can beat a Jounin (Kabuto vs Kakashi) since Kabuto is OFFICIALLY a Genin (well, at least that's my impression). Actually, I have no idea what his official status is. Anyone know? He has never said that he was a Jounin, just that he was a spy for the Sound village.

Mut
Tue, 10-26-2004, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by: kooshi
Don't forget that a Chuunin/Jounin's experience is more superior than a mere Genin, but by how much, I have no idea.
There are only a FEW occasions where a Genin can beat a Jounin (Kabuto vs Kakashi) since Kabuto is OFFICIALLY a Genin (well, at least that's my impression). Actually, I have no idea what his official status is. Anyone know? He has never said that he was a Jounin, just that he was a spy for the Sound village.
btw, kabuto is not even actually a ninja for konoha. any jounin from one village can fuck up on purpose or give up on every test to stay as a genin in another. kabuto is just not a good example.

animefreak
Tue, 10-26-2004, 11:17 AM
well, i just hope someone beat the shits out of Aoi, his cocky attitudes really annoys me.

kooshi
Tue, 10-26-2004, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by: animefreak
well, i just hope someone beat the shits out of Aoi, his cocky attitudes really annoys me.

Hear hear! We'll find out in a few days now. Hopefully, this will be the last episode for the fillers. Jeez, I hope they're not gonna make more fillers after all this is over.

Board of Command
Tue, 10-26-2004, 03:00 PM
I think the next episode will be the end of this filler, according to the preview.

Hollow
Tue, 10-26-2004, 04:20 PM
SHHH!!! The producers will hear you and make more filler!

Back on topic now, Aoi SHOULDN'T get beat up by Team 7. The running guy (NAME PLEASE?!) should beat him somehow. Seems like it would just fit, eh?

jing
Tue, 10-26-2004, 06:36 PM
No it wouldn't. Because runner guy can only run.

animefreak
Tue, 10-26-2004, 07:40 PM
yep....he can run till his pants drop..hehe.

Board of Command
Tue, 10-26-2004, 08:54 PM
Idate will unluck the ultimate secret of the knife and beat Aoi with it.

...No Hollow you're an idiot.

ragnarokex
Tue, 10-26-2004, 09:18 PM
awww walking about didnt u see the sword rip a lil probally naruto will break the sword and and beat him down O_o or...idate gets the sword from and and helps fight aoi..maybe not

animefreak
Tue, 10-26-2004, 10:55 PM
I agree that Idate might grab the sword, but i doubt he use it to fight, he possibly grab it and run. Naruto possibly break that sword by using his fox chakra.

DeathscytheVII
Wed, 10-27-2004, 12:54 AM
I'm sure you guys know that there is a significant difference between a genin and jounin. It is possibly several orders of magnitude.

In most cases, a genin would have very little chance against a chuunin, and about zero chance against a jounin.

Regardless of how much of a "noob" Aoi seems, he is a jounin of the hidden rain. That puts him in a completely different class from Naruto and Sasuke.

Not by Hidden leaf standards or official standard anyways, he is still a Chuunin i think, otherwise why did he tell Ibiki that the only person who can read that scroll he stole is a jounin, and he threatened his brother so that he could read it.

Point is, he couldnt read it, he isnt a jounin, he is only considered one because he did that favour for the hidden rain. He's all show, no sustenance i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif An empty shell, and a noob who will be PWNED in the future. Really tahts the only thing i look forward to in this filler i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Different class? I recall a Chuunin called Mizuki (?) who was beaten by naruto in Ep 1, when he wasn't even a Genin! i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

kooshi
Wed, 10-27-2004, 02:23 AM
Could a Chuunin really take on like 1000 Narutos? Well, I dunno, it would seem like a stalemate to me. The skills and experience of a Chuunin are still unknown since we have only been affiliated with Genins and Jounins, although it's probable that a Chuunin would be smack in the middle. Still, taking on 1000 Narutos would be tough. The only thing I can think of is that all the shadow replications all attacked at once, giving Mizuki little chance to dispel the replications.

basey44
Wed, 10-27-2004, 03:31 AM
remember taht kage bunshins divide the chakra evenly between them, so if 1 kage bunshin is made it will have half the chakra as the original naruto, so each of the clones when 1000 kage bunshins are made will have like 1/1000 of the original chakra

wirm
Wed, 10-27-2004, 12:27 PM
All I can say is that I think Mizuki must have been extraordinarily weak. Even with a bunch of shuriken holes in him, Iruka managed to land a pretty good blow on him.

Still, if Aoi says he is a rain jounin, I think we should believe him. I don't know how long it's been since he defected, but we can safely assume that he has improved a bit. After all, we can see that he's been learning rain jutsus.

If we started questioning the statements of every character about his/her own strength, we'd be in for quite a ride. This is of course excluding Naruto, who likes to blow his own horn.

If Aoi says he's a jounin, then he's probably a jounin. If Hyuuga Hiashi says his is the strongest clan in Konoha, then we should believe him. If Kakashi says Naruto can't beat him with kage bunshin, then it's true. If Oro says Itachi is stronger than him, then that's true too. If Itachi says only a sharingan successor can beat him, don't expect Naruto to do it any time soon.

As for the 1000 kage bunshins, I believe you're right Basey_69. Fortunately, each bunshin's physical strength, speed, or fighting ability is not solely based on chakra, but on the original. They might have trouble doing jutsus, but they can still fight.

Shippou-sama
Wed, 10-27-2004, 12:46 PM
I think Aoi is a Jounin, but I don't think it means as much. Konoha jounins seem to be consistently stronger than other villages' Jounins.

And yes, physical ability is consistent with all the Kage Bunshins, so even if they have 1/1000 of the chakra, they can still fight at the same level. Hence: Lee with Kage Bunshin = GOD of Naruto. =P (of course, he'd have to have Chakra to do it) =\

KitKat
Wed, 10-27-2004, 02:29 PM
*KitKat imagines Lee doing Kage Bunshin*
Wow, that would be....like all the energy contained in a nuclear reactor exploding in Konoha in Lee-form.

Hey is this just me, or did anyone else notice a change in Aoi's hair colour?

Eurasian
Thu, 10-28-2004, 10:45 PM
no it wasn't you.

i got really lazy and i didn't watch 105 until 106 came out. well..yah i really didn't like it. rasengan and chidori..that just ain't right. even when sasuke went berserk, i would think he got stronger..but no.

btw for a moment i thought the sword of raijin made light saber sounds. but that sword is NICE.

Hollow
Thu, 10-28-2004, 10:50 PM
The sword DOES make saber sounds. Yep. *Fwwoosh* and all that.

And Eurasian, I agree on the whole berserk Sasuke thing. Cheap ass Raijin sword...

jimmymasaki
Fri, 10-29-2004, 09:00 AM
i finally got round to watching like.. 103-105 today.. and the raijin sword is an EXACT imitation of a lightsaber... though i dunno how useful a lightsaber is.. [haven't watched a single star wars movie]
but OMG! how much of a letdown was the friggin sasuke being owned by the stupid green-haired ninja (can't remember his name) even after he's like... "take back your owrds!" far out. and sakura... well, she doesn't really do much to begin with, not that i care considering once she does people seem hate her even more... i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif
neways... not that i mind these episodes people call fillers... but i kinda wanna know what the jounins are doing.. i noe the anime's bout naruto.. but still... i wanna noe bout the village of konoha..

just a note.. i didnt bother reading all the pages... but maybe on the first or second page someone stated something bout Aoi being a jounin when he was in konoha.. but no.. he stole the scroll and crap so he could become a jounin at the hidden mist country.. he was a chuunin.