PDA

View Full Version : Harry Potter Anime (thoughts?)

Darklocke
Thu, 06-17-2004, 08:43 PM
Do you think a Harry Potter anime would be a good idea? If so who would you want to make it (if you can think of anybody).

I personally think it's a great idea, and I would love to see it done well... However I don't think J.K.Rowling would ever allow it to be done.

I found a kewl site a while back of fanart anime harry potter. it was done very well.

If you know any HP anime sites that are good.. please post them too... even if just good fanart.

Lefty
Thu, 06-17-2004, 09:02 PM
OMG. this is officially the most pointless thread I've have seen....Ever. Turning Harry Poter into an anime would cause Osamu Tezuka to turn over in his grave. It's been made into movies thats enough. No more Harry frigen Potter.

Edit: if you don't know who Tezuka sensei is you should not be here.

Shaka
Thu, 06-17-2004, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by: Lefty
OMG. this is officially the most pointless thread I've have seen....Ever. Turning Harry Poter into an anime would cause Osamu Tezuka to turn over in his grave. It's been made into movies thats enough. No more Harry frigen Potter.

Edit: if you don't know who Tezuka sensei is you should not be here.
HUahuahuahuahu, I certainly agree!!! HP is rox, I think, but an anime of it would be too sux!

Agrippa
Thu, 06-17-2004, 10:05 PM
welcome to pointless
population Darklocke

Uzumaki Naruto
Thu, 06-17-2004, 11:45 PM
wtf a harry potter anime what crap is that its going to be so pointless i mean the movies are enough

Goingin
Fri, 06-18-2004, 01:57 AM
Starring: Rock Lee i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Naaah, would be completely shite to make a HP anime
Wonder if the Harry Potter movies are well watched in Japan

ShinobiNeko
Fri, 06-18-2004, 03:10 AM
not all that interested in HP so even if they did make an anime of it..wouldn't watch it

iminyourbrain
Fri, 06-18-2004, 06:54 AM
i don't think it would be a bad idea as long as it wasn't completely kid-ized although i think a knight rider anime would be better, where kitt is a dragon instead of a car... AWESOME!

dragon
Fri, 06-18-2004, 07:00 AM
Originally posted by: Darklocke
Do you think a Harry Potter anime would be a good idea? If so who would you want to make it (if you can think of anybody).

I personally think it's a great idea, and I would love to see it done well... However I don't think J.K.Rowling would ever allow it to be done.

I found a kewl site a while back of fanart anime harry potter. it was done very well.

If you know any HP anime sites that are good.. please post them too... even if just good fanart.

OMFG MAN....HARRY POTTER WOULD BE A POINTLESS ANIME TO WATCH......BECAUSE U READ THE BOOK...WATCHED THE MOVIE AN SHIT...SO HELL NO

JimmyPeanut
Sat, 06-19-2004, 12:59 AM
Yeah, I don't think Harry Potter would cut it as an anime. Besides, it takes J.K. Rowling long enough just to write one book.

Varica
Sat, 06-19-2004, 03:21 PM
pleeeeeeeeeeeease nooooooooooooooo! I couldn't stand it. I'd be ridiculed as a fan of anime if Harry Potter was anime.

NM
Sat, 06-19-2004, 08:18 PM
A Harry Potter anime would ruin it man.

r3n
Sat, 06-19-2004, 08:35 PM
the books are shit, the films are fucking awful, and it would be evil to even have it in the same sentance as anime. the author actually lives within walking distance of me, her house is pretty huge. tbh the money would be better going to a fund to help "stupid tards with a reading age of 5" foundation, thay way theyre supporting themselves!

Mut
Sat, 06-19-2004, 08:38 PM
harry potter sucks.

Knives122
Sat, 06-19-2004, 09:42 PM
Whats the point of having a HP anime, to follow the book; sarcasm: jeez they should just make movies out of the books, oh yeah THEY ALREADY DID, A ANIME BASED ON THE BOOK IS POINTLESS!!!

iminyourbrain
Sun, 06-20-2004, 05:16 AM
i just want a knight rider anime where kitt is a mecha dragon

Shinji Ikari
Sun, 06-20-2004, 06:54 AM
You go to hell, you go to hell and you dieeee!!!

Those are my thoughts about everything that has to do with Harry Potter.

Harry Potter is a rip off of every good RPG there is. People thinking it's something new and exciting, yeah right. My ass is more exciting than Harry Potter.

kupalmaru
Sun, 06-20-2004, 04:22 PM
I think your getting some harsh feedback because this is an anime forum.

Some people that are big fun of anime are not likely to watch Harry Potter and those thing that is related to it.

Shinji Ikari
Sun, 06-20-2004, 04:26 PM
Mainly 'cause Harry Potter is royal crap whilst anime and various games on the other hand ROCK!

Gods_Son
Sun, 06-20-2004, 05:14 PM
Harry Potter is awful

dormcat
Sun, 06-20-2004, 08:38 PM
There's a good Harry Potter alternative to be released soon: Mahou Sensei Negima! (http://www2u.biglobe.ne.jp/~clown/negima/index.htm) by Ken Akamatsu, with 31 girls in Negi's classroom (read: harem).

GoldeNaruto
Mon, 06-21-2004, 08:25 AM
well i think its a good idea!!! i mean for harry potter fans....i think harry potter will make an interesting anime....i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif...but some seem they dont want it i wounder why ??.....i hope someone will make it happen ....i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

kupalmaru
Mon, 06-21-2004, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by: GoldeNaruto
well i think its a good idea!!! i mean for harry potter fans....i think harry potter will make an interesting anime....i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif...but some seem they dont want it i wounder why ??.....i hope someone will make it happen ....i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Your right there. If your a Harry Potter fan you would like to see it on anime.

If your an hardcore anime fan, your going to be reading manga comics not the likes of Harry Potter.

This forum is for anime fan, that's why there is a lot of people agaisnt it. I think they don't like American
made cartoon.

Nara Shikamaru VI
Wed, 06-23-2004, 08:35 AM
come on guys maybe it'll turn out great.

i remember watching Starship Trooper and it totally sux but the animated series on foxkids is soo good i was hoping they would use the concept and storyline of the animated series to be incoporated into the next starship troopers but sadly they didnt.

the point being is that if they made the harry potter anime and use the background and atmosphere of HP but with a whole different storyline which is good then it might just be turn out alright.

PSJ
Thu, 06-24-2004, 05:55 PM
wow this must be the most pointless thread in gotwoot of all time.

the character look of naruto was originally for a wizard manga kishimoto was planning on doing but he didnt and came up with naruto instead. he thought ill make that series later. but now he has throwed it away since the harry potter books came out and he would be accused for stealing ideas... thats what he says himself anyway...

dragon
Thu, 06-24-2004, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by: Darklocke

yo white boi (guessing) why dun u draw urself ur own flip book of harry potter scenes

Gaz
Fri, 06-25-2004, 09:43 AM
Hmm Harry Potter Disney cartoon yes , Anime ... No . For starters is an English IP so the Japenese animation companies will probably ignore it so it just wont happen.

How the hell is HP a rip off of an RPG?!?! my bet is that J.K Rowling has never even played a damn video game in her life!!! If she has it'd probably be Tetris on the gameboy (everyone in the world has played THAT game.... right? )

Us who live in the UK have had Harry damn potter spoon fed too us for so damn long now , why the hell do we need yet another HP 'thing' thrown our way!!. Shame on you guys for even thinking it up for an Anime. As I said before, Disney cartoon yes, for the kids but, anime? no damn way!

Hikari Tennyo
Fri, 06-25-2004, 12:36 PM
I don't live in the UK, so I don't have a HP overload, but I don't think a HP anime would work very well. There are alot of HP Doujinshi, made by Japanese, but still... but I don't think Disney should do an HP cartoon either... An English or American cartoon, yes. but Disney? they'd water it down too much.
I do think a series would work better than the movies for covering the books though. The movies have already screwed up so much of the story (Especially after the 3rd). I just don't think that the japanese anime style would work for HP...

As for HP ripping off RPG's, doesn't every fantasy book in existence do that? It's a Kid's book series, Jeez! I think she's creative enough with the characters and story that it's not necessarily bad to borrow heavily off of existing elements... As far as Disgracing anime with HP because of that, think of how much anime is based off each other, mixing ideas, etc. NOTHING is truly NEW, if you think about it, it's just a different twist on an old story.

Just my opinion.

TruthofMistake
Mon, 07-12-2004, 06:46 PM
while i like harry potter and have read all the books and seen all the movies i think harry potter as an anime is one of the worst ideas i have ever had the misfortune to hear as has been previously said the movies are enough....

Eurasian
Mon, 07-12-2004, 10:29 PM
HARRY POTTER IS THE SHIT!!! how can anybody not like harry potter.
but not as an anime.
anime is such an asian thing. and harry potter is not asian. so i just don't think they go together.
EVERYONE HAS TO WATCH HARRY POTTER IN THEATERS!!!!!!!!!

Knives122
Tue, 07-13-2004, 12:56 PM
Why is this thread still open?

We should destroy every peice of evidence of it

Bloodhybrid
Tue, 07-13-2004, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by: Eurasian
HARRY POTTER IS THE SHIT!!! how can anybody not like harry potter.
but not as an anime.
anime is such an asian thing. and harry potter is not asian. so i just don't think they go together.
EVERYONE HAS TO WATCH HARRY POTTER IN THEATERS!!!!!!!!!

ARGH a harry pot head fan... some1 hand me the odachi and some explosives stat