PDA

View Full Version : Kakashi's Sharingan!

Sharingan83
Tue, 05-04-2004, 01:14 AM
Well, well, well, big attention grabber.
This theory is what my bro & I have agreed on, which will make a lot of sense and open more doors to debates & opinions (website NARUTO 101!)

Just before I begin, let me explain that an Anbu member (rank between Chuunin & Jounin) is a shinobi assigned assassination missions, travelling in packs of 3-4 to get rid of dead bodies as if never existed. This is to ensure no thief or villain could get a hold of a clan's secret/ability.

At one point in Kakashi's life, he was an anbu member.
This was probably 4-6 years ago, same time when Sasuke's parents were killed by his bro, Itachi. Kakashi's team were the one's to take care of the dead bodies, so he ordered a medic ninja to give him one of the parent's sharingan eyes. Since Kakashi's not part of the Uchiha family, there were conditions. He could only have 1 eye because of the amount of power it holds and its special abilities from the advanced bloodline.
The operation seemed to have been open-surgery, which is why there's the remainder of a scar on his left eye.

MemnochTheCaT
Tue, 05-04-2004, 01:41 AM
You're the first person that has ever thought of that i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Mut
Tue, 05-04-2004, 01:52 AM
that's actually an interesting theory... i didn't really think of kakashi's days as an anbu member. it is possible that anbu would be ordered to take care of the dead uchiha bodies since anbu specialize in certain things.

couple of things though. there could be a time conflict. we don't know how long kakashi was a member of anbu. and also, i don't think kakashi would just order medical ninjas to give him an eye implant from an uchiha, a very proud and powerful clan of the leaf... unless he got permission of some sort.

but definitely interesting.

Stoopider
Tue, 05-04-2004, 02:06 AM
Bwahahahhaha...

Probably Itachi killed Kakashi's friend Obito. And Kakashi took out his eye for himself. Probably there is something to it, probably Obito asked Kakashi to take his eye. If not Kakashi wouldn't just took his eye for no reason.

However at one point, Kakashi was probably a brooding hero just like Sasuke, so your theory has a point, that Kakashi would go as far as to take the town's corpses eye just for himself.. to reenact revenge on somebody.

It's most proabable that Kakashi taken his friends Obito's eye. But it's still the question of who killed Obito. Maybe the murderer is dead already. Because Kakashi did say that after that, he felt nothing. By taking revenge, it wouldn't make him feel any better.

Neji-Aniki-sama
Tue, 05-04-2004, 03:48 AM
Originally posted by: Stoopider
. But it's still the question of who killed Obito. Maybe the murderer is dead already. Because Kakashi did say that after that, he felt nothing. By taking revenge, it wouldn't make him feel any better.

Who cares? Do we need more revenge/murder/revenge stories in this manga? I sure want an explanation of Obito, sharingan, Kakashi and such. But I hope Kishimoto-sensei make it short and sweet.

Mister Pie
Tue, 05-04-2004, 04:15 AM
Originally posted by: Neji-Aniki-sama

Originally posted by: Stoopider
. But it's still the question of who killed Obito. Maybe the murderer is dead already. Because Kakashi did say that after that, he felt nothing. By taking revenge, it wouldn't make him feel any better.

Who cares? Do we need more revenge/murder/revenge stories in this manga? I sure want an explanation of Obito, sharingan, Kakashi and such. But I hope Kishimoto-sensei make it short and sweet.

Most likely, if it is ever revealed, it will take several issues. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Rock Lee
Tue, 05-04-2004, 04:41 AM
I've discussed this irl and several times on the forum. The general concensus is that kakashi's sharingan eye was from obito. Who im almost certain is a she. reguardless obito died serving the village either fighting Kyuubi or whatever and orochimaru maybe even with the help of the genius surgeon kabuto maybe without implanted the eye of obito's into kakashi and he lost his eye in some spat with some ninja who wielded the eye-pokedies better than kakashi. Reguardless orochimaru who lust for jutsu knows no bounds was dying to find a way to make the sharingan work in another body hence why he put so much effort which resulted in the sucessful implantation of kakashi's eye. Yeah i know my sentance structure is bad but its late and i don't care.

JusDaMan
Tue, 05-04-2004, 07:27 AM
u kno this can wait until the naruto movie comes out and it will all be explained! lol

Sharingan83
Tue, 05-04-2004, 10:05 AM
Hehe
Thanks guys,
It helps a lot from your discussions and opinions.
I didn't know too much about Obito, though his/her name was mentioned in the last 2 episodes (80 & 81).

Mut
Tue, 05-04-2004, 11:24 AM
does anyone know if obito is a female or a male name?

tommy salami
Tue, 05-04-2004, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by: Rock Lee
I've discussed this irl and several times on the forum. The general concensus is that kakashi's sharingan eye was from obito. Who im almost certain is a she. reguardless obito died serving the village either fighting Kyuubi or whatever and orochimaru maybe even with the help of the genius surgeon kabuto maybe without implanted the eye of obito's into kakashi and he lost his eye in some spat with some ninja who wielded the eye-pokedies better than kakashi. Reguardless orochimaru who lust for jutsu knows no bounds was dying to find a way to make the sharingan work in another body hence why he put so much effort which resulted in the sucessful implantation of kakashi's eye. Yeah i know my sentance structure is bad but its late and i don't care.

if orochimaru wants the sharigan so bad why did he just not take obito's other eye and and gie it to him self that would just make sense and would be easier than capturing sauska

Uzumaki Naruto
Tue, 05-04-2004, 05:14 PM
actually that is one of the best theorys ive read so far and one that actullay makes sense good job

Knives122
Tue, 05-04-2004, 05:21 PM
yeah, itll be interesting to see if your right or not(at least partially), when they get to that

RangeOfHakke
Tue, 05-04-2004, 11:30 PM
it was a nice theory, but you have no motive...did kakashi just see the dead bodies and go o0o0o0o0o a sharingan i so00o0o want that for christmass...But besides that your theory is not possible. The time difference is the problem...i am guessing kakashiis in his lat thirties. he was an anbu before sasuke was born and before itachi massacured his family. There is no telling how much time has really passed when kakashi was an anubu...but when he stated in the anime that he was getting old and if he was younger he would of killed zazuba by now, i seriously doubt he ment if he was 4-6 years younger. So i believe it has to do with this obito person, and i am sure the reason will come out eventually.

Mut
Tue, 05-04-2004, 11:51 PM
kakashi is either 25 or 27 (i forgot which). the uchiha genocide happened about years ago which would make kakashi in his early 20's.

Lithonite
Wed, 05-05-2004, 12:45 AM
Orochimaru doesnt jsut want the sharingan he wants to be the "strongest" even with a sharingan implant he cannot defeat the mange sharingan- and It is my theory that it is this ability that Oro actually fears about itachi- other than that im guessing their strength is fairly equal. I came to this conclusion from the fact it seems that Jiraiya didnt seem to have any knowledge of this ability( or had some counter for it, as he maintained steady eye contact during standoff ) Oro's experience with Itachi while in Akatsuki would have made it so he was prevy tho the abulit og the mange sharingan. a technique that he cannot defeat- unless he ahs not jsut the eyes but the blood of a true sharingan sucessor. otherwise he coule have jsut killed kakashi and taken his eye. H e wasnt Sasuke's bloodline ability of the mange sharingan.

Obito a chick...hrmm i wonder about that. it is possible i suppose that would make sense why he goes to see the grave every morning if that was his woman... unless it was jsut a buddy and he was responsable for his/her death and is constantly hhaunted by the gilt of thier death.

xtort
Wed, 05-05-2004, 01:09 AM
Most of the people pointed out the flaws in this theory. I'll ask (when I'm mostly certain of the answer)... where did you get the information that says that ANBU collect bodies?

The way I figure it, they're either between Jounin and Chuunin (which would make taking part in ANBU something like a test to become Jounin), or they are specialized for protection and/or assassination. We know that hunter nins are something else, something similar to ANBU yet still different; from this I assume that ANBU don't hunt down missing nins. We have seen several instances of Kishimoto throwing ANBU lives away in a method unbefitting of a Jounin, and seeing this I've assumed they are less than Jounin.

Regardless, about the eye... 9 out of 10 doctors think it's Obito's. The same doctors believe: Obito was a she, Obito died fighting Kyuubi, and Obito and Kakashi were an item of sorts. What I don't get is the correlation between the eye and events. If the enemy were Kyuubi, there's not much Kakashi could gain having the eye. Can't copy and Kyuubi jutsus. That makes me question whether it's kyuubi.

Oh well, I'm happy having to wait. The longer it goes, and the more hints that are dropped, the better. I loved the little segue in 80 where Kakashi was at the memorial rock.

-xtortout

Mut
Wed, 05-05-2004, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by: xtort
Regardless, about the eye... 9 out of 10 doctors think it's Obito's. The same doctors believe: Obito was a she, Obito died fighting Kyuubi, and Obito and Kakashi were an item of sorts.

what crack doctors are you talking about?

Vagabond
Wed, 05-05-2004, 01:28 AM
hm. Obito a female. I always thought the name sounded like a guys name.

I guess it's possible.......

njdevs95
Wed, 05-05-2004, 02:24 AM
I'm going to tell you guys how he got it now but it's a huge spoiler so beware

spoiler below

He got it from ebay!!!!!!! mystery solved.

Nine Tailed Demon
Wed, 05-05-2004, 05:04 AM
No body knowa...

Death BOO Z
Wed, 05-05-2004, 06:55 AM
Am I the only one who thinks Kakashi did something indecent to get the sharingan?
I always thought that Kakashi sacrifised his friends (probably Obito) to get the eye, and then he realized it was't worth losing his friends, and that's why he can preach to Sasuke...
i guess it could have been something like this:

Obito (half dead): help me, Kakashi!
Kakashi (after killing thier enemy): my, my, you're almost dead, shouldn't let that eye go to waste...
*field surgery done by Kakashi, obito dies"
kakashi (on his mission report): Obito died and told me to take his eye..
Kakashi (a day later): Damn, i'm bored, i shouldn't have killed obitio *whine*.

I mean, it feels right to him to have done something stupid and losing his precious people becuase of that, it makes the Sasuke -ITACHI\KAKASHI role model thing much stronger...

Hatake Kakashi
Wed, 05-05-2004, 09:49 AM
Well it might be something as simple as this -

Kakashi loses an eye in battle.

The whole Uchiha Clan is slaughtered.

What does Kakashi have to lose in allowing the medical nin's to give him one of the Sharingan eyes?

He takes it, it kind of works, he starts to learn over a 1000 techniques.

ssjtrunks585
Wed, 05-05-2004, 10:25 AM
ninja's may be good medics and all, and i know its all fantasy, but i have to ask...ho ould one go about reattaching every single vein/nerve/etc... in one's eye back into their head, and still be able to see out of it, let alone be able to activate any kind of advanced bloodline techniques the original holder had...i would think there would be an extra "connection" in a special eye...look at it this way: FireWire does not plug into USB...

Stoopider
Wed, 05-05-2004, 10:56 AM
Hmm. Who konws. We might find a baddie later in the show who has

left eye sharingan, right eye byukagun. And he got bugs crawling out of his face, has a demon in him, carries a huge sword in one hand.. The Para Para paradise in the other, have a bowl cut hairstyle, carries a puppet on his back, is extremely loud and noisy but at the same time brooding and complaining always, always smoking a cigarette, is damn obese, and loves playing in the shadows.

hiten mitsurugi
Wed, 05-05-2004, 03:52 PM
One day while taking a casual stroll down the main village road reading "Come Come Paradise," Kakshi's eyes stumbled upon an eye. Kakashi picked it up and the rest is history.

There you have it.

Nosferatu
Wed, 05-05-2004, 04:12 PM
Bah, First post.

Anyways.

I would like to point something out that I had crawling around in my mind. In that new Naruto movie, The one about the Snow Princess or whatnot, Some of the images already culled from it have shown a Young Kakashi, say about age 15 or so, with Sharingan already in place. And, while I'm not sure, somewhere it's been said that kakashi's been known as the Copy Ninja for most of his life.

I don't know how accurate I am, this is just what I vaguely remember.

Dra'Gon
Wed, 05-05-2004, 07:29 PM
I Have Sharringan in my left toe i can see eddie fly

kilzo
Wed, 05-05-2004, 09:14 PM
Our best guess is going to have to be the Flashback in the Naruto Movie set for summer. The manga right now doesn't have kakashi as an important subject, so lets just hope for a good long flashback in the movie

MemnochTheCaT
Wed, 05-05-2004, 09:35 PM
Kakashi got his eye from one of those vending machines that give out watches and gum and stuff!

i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif

FearTheMullet
Sun, 05-09-2004, 08:37 PM
I think, from the meeting between Itachi and Kakashi earlier (in 81-82 I think) it has something to do with their pasts. Possibly, since we havent been told for sure, Kakashi was orphaned and taken in by some Uchiha, developed a close relationship with Obita (assuming shes female) and when she died took her eye or received it or soemthing. Also assuming Obita is an Uchiha. THis, looking back on it, is a stupid crackpot theory! Anyway, that jsut came to me now, and like i said, looking back it looks stupid.

tank45s
Mon, 05-10-2004, 02:32 AM
How do we know that Obito was even an Uchiha I don't remember in episodes 80 or 81 them saying Uchiha Obito, but maybe they did. If they didn't then a lot of you people are just totally speculating with no proof and I would go with the assumption that when the clan was mass murdered Hokage sensing that they would need a person with sharingan and that sasuke was too young to use it, probably ordered and ANBU memeber to take an eye and surgically implant it into Kakashi seeings how he was probably one of the top Jounin in the village. Yes I know what your thinking why not give the eye to the Hyuuga clan because the are probably the most powerful clan in the entire village...Well the thing is they already have enough power and I don't think they need anymore especially the Sharingan because they would be almost unstoppable.(Yes I know the Hyuuga clan has the Byakugan but it doesn't copy techniques/moves)

EpoC
Sun, 09-05-2004, 05:16 PM
Kakashi sometimes whine about him being foolish when he was young.
When Kakashi was young he may have been greedy for power. you know how geniouses are, like sasuke and neji they are arrogant and they say that they "can't" loose to anybody.

well however, when he got his sharingan he also learned about all of the sharingan secrets, everything from copyng to mangekyou.
Young and foolish as he were, he thought if he killed his best friend he would gain the mangekyou sharingan. So he killed his best friend Obito to later discover that it didn't work because he isn't an uchiha. So he killed his best friend without gaining anything on it. And now he is full with regrets and remorse over killing his best friend.

Natural Cause
Sun, 09-05-2004, 05:29 PM
kakashi lost his friend in a mission because they didn;t look out for each other. which is what the test was at the very beginning. he didn;t want his group to make the same mistake he did.

Raven
Sun, 09-05-2004, 10:25 PM
Why oh why did you resurrect this old repeated thread after so many months?