PDA

View Full Version : Is naruto for kids?

Madox
Fri, 01-16-2004, 02:00 AM
I would say Naruto is for kids/teens, like most (almost all) fighting animes.

Hokage Full-Metal
Fri, 01-16-2004, 02:12 AM
well listen if its for kids dont you think the parents would complain about the swearing , violence and blood as well has light amount of nudity shown , as in small bikinis n narutos transformations n wot now? i do think it was mainly aimed at young teenager but then their target group changed to older teenagers/young adults

r3n
Fri, 01-16-2004, 02:17 AM
the simpsons is "for kids" and yet its largest audience is adults. no need to be ashamed jst cos i prefer kids programs to a lot of programs that are aimed my age group, cos most of it involves hiphop themes or other shit like that that i find annoying and non entertaining

sexy_no_jutsu
Fri, 01-16-2004, 02:20 AM
compared to the manga, the anime is for kids.

Assertn
Fri, 01-16-2004, 02:24 AM
japanese television gets away with alot more than ours does.....but i dont think the words we view as profanity isnt really offensive to people in japan.

Shoot.....there was a scene in the second episode of Sonic X where Sonic clearly says "Shit", yet that show is clearly for a younger audience than naruto is. It just isnt really a bad word for them.

Jman
Fri, 01-16-2004, 02:27 AM
I think it's for teens but not 4kids (youngins)

Locked Heart
Fri, 01-16-2004, 02:45 AM
well naruto has been created for kids (it is pubblished on a container magazine that is obviously produced for kids) but it turned out to be good enought to be liked also by adults...... it isn't the first time that this happens (someone said DB?)

Viet-Elite
Fri, 01-16-2004, 03:12 AM
BaKa, I think that there are some animes for kids and some for teens. But most of em are for adults, HeH.

Death BOO Z
Fri, 01-16-2004, 03:21 AM
god... anime is for kids.... what so fucking hard to accept?

yeah, sure that not all anime is like that, but the majority is targeted at 4-16 year audince...

now just think about it, of all your anime collection, how many of them would you show your parents and expect them to like?

about one or two, right? and that's from a collection that has about 60 or something animes, ain't i right?

everyone has some hobbies that are 'childish' for his age, no one complains about it, but when someone tries to denay it, it becomes pathetic...

tell your sister she's totally right, but you just don't give a shit about it, cuz you enjoy it...

frog hermit
Fri, 01-16-2004, 03:21 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>It is totally for kids - the main characters are all Junior High age. It comes in the same comic that also brought us Yugioh, Dragonball Z, and Hikaru no Go - all also made for kids. You guys are to insecure and you need to grow up. Everyone tries to justify why they are watching cartoons and say that anime is more than it really is.
</td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>

i tottaly agree.

Crimson_Behelit
Fri, 01-16-2004, 03:59 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Hokage Full-Metal @ Jan 16 2004, 01:12 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> well listen if its for kids dont you think the parents would complain about the swearing , violence and blood as well has light amount of nudity shown , as in small bikinis n narutos transformations n wot now? i do think it was mainly aimed at young teenager but then their target group changed to older teenagers/young adults </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Violence, blood, swearing, slight nudity, it&#39;s all fine and dandy over in Japan. Alot people in America don&#39;t realize this, but we are one of the most anal nations for trying to shield our so called &quot;precious&quot; young from things like violence, blood, swearing, nudity, germs, strangers, etc. Thing is, the more we try to shield our young from the realties of the world, the weaker and more confused our children become when they are finally exposed to such things. Better to start early and have our children accept reality then to have them freaking out in the later stages of development. Parents in Japan understand this, so no, I don&#39;t think they would complain about something like Naruto. Naruto, while fantastic in appearance and scale, has some very down to life messages that would only strengthen a child&#39;s development.

Vagabond
Fri, 01-16-2004, 04:12 AM
Yeah it is for kids, but i&#39;m sure kids in Japan are like 10 times more mature than kids in the US. I don&#39;t think they are stupid enough to do something like steal your dads shotgun, go out to the road and shoot a car just because they saw it in an anime or played it in a videogame.
In my eyes the US is one of the most fucked up countries in the world.

Edit: Oops thats not supposed to be a quote

Crimson_Behelit
Fri, 01-16-2004, 04:22 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (VagabondLBD &#064; Jan 16 2004, 03:12 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Yeah it is for kids, but i&#39;m sure kids in Japan are like 10 times more mature than kids in the US. I don&#39;t think they are stupid enough to do something like steal your dads shotgun, go out to the road and shoot a car just because they saw it in an anime or played it in a videogame.
In my eyes the US is one of the most fucked up countries in the world.
You mean aside from the fact that is it virtually impossible to own a firearm in Japan? Lol, 99% of the kids in Japan would never have the opportunity to do such a thing. But yea, you are correct in saying that kids in Japan are more mature then kids in America. My above post helps explain why. It also helps explain why American kids are some of the most &#036;%^&amp;ed up in the world...

Vagabond
Fri, 01-16-2004, 04:27 AM
Not just guns, I have a friend who&#39;s brother broke one of his friends arms because he saw it on DBZ.

Crimson_Behelit
Fri, 01-16-2004, 04:30 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (VagabondLBD @ Jan 16 2004, 03:27 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Not just guns, I have a friend who&#39;s brother broke one of his friends arms because he saw it on DBZ. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Jesus dude&#33; Sound&#39;s like your friend&#39;s brother needs to lay off the crack pipe&#33;

Uchiha-Itachi
Fri, 01-16-2004, 04:50 AM
Djees you guys are talking like anime is for kids till 12/16 year old and everyone who is older are forbidden to watch it otherwise you&#39;re a pc nerd with no life??

That&#39;s just the stupidest statement ever.. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mad.gif

Anime rulez, who care&#39;s about the age??? And why would you care about the age anyways?

Tenkei
Fri, 01-16-2004, 04:58 AM
As it&#39;s been said before - Naruto, and for that matter, all anime are mostly something strictly for children in Japan. In fact, it would most likely be seen as &quot;un-cool&quot; for a teenager in Japan to still be watching anime and the like.

Manga is generally a lot more widely accepted than anime - but still the Naruto manga and anime are both for kids (this being the reason why Naruto is only 12/13 and not about 16 or so, to better adapt with the target audience).

^^* Being this worried about it being a kids show is stupid. That&#39;s like seeing an awesome movie and saying &quot;No way that movie is PG rated, that movie was TOTALLY R rated.&quot; just because you don&#39;t want to say you enjoyed a movie of PG rating. Hehe.

( &gt;&gt; I haven&#39;t been here in a while .. hm .. )

rEkKaShInObI
Fri, 01-16-2004, 05:06 AM
id say this series is aimed at viewers like 14 and under because all the genins are around their age, maybe the creators think theyll enjoy it like how we used to like pokemon

Uchiha-Itachi
Fri, 01-16-2004, 05:08 AM
Japanese are manga/anime addicts lol http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

In Japan alone the amount of comics sold is as much as the rest of the worl together http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/smile.gif

off topic:

Did you know the average age of ppl who play videogames is 28 years. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/smile.gif

So they are also &quot;omg get a life&quot; now?

Kyubi Unleashed
Fri, 01-16-2004, 05:18 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Did you know the average age of ppl who play videogames is 28 years. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>

Are you serious?? Woah... kinda weird. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/blink.gif

Anyways, Naruto is probably for preteens-teens. It&#39;s got language, blood, and nudity (12, and my friend that watches Naruto is also 12. though it&#39;s censored IN THE ANIME, not in the manga all the time). It&#39;s like a funnier and ninja-er version of DBZ in a weird way. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/cool.gif

SilentSnake
Fri, 01-16-2004, 05:19 AM
well manga and anime like berserk is definitely not for children, naruto is for kids, but that doesn&#39;t change the fact that it also has interesting plot.

kids like it, they don&#39;t talk and don&#39;t think about it&#39;s deeper aspects, (maybe yes maybe not) so it&#39;s also enjoyable for adults who are pondering about what will happen next and where did kakashi get his sharingan http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

I&#39;m cool with that, but I must admit that all these flashbacks are sometimes preeetty annoying (every minut of ep counts and I have to see for the third time naruto punching neji http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/laugh.gif ).

naruto is for everyone&#33; http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Shinji Ikari
Fri, 01-16-2004, 05:20 AM
I don&#39;t know if you guys already know this... But what i know is that from what Kishimoto-san says himself, Naruto is an anime meant both for younger kids and older kids (like in my age and above 17)....

This is all i know, if anyone thinks differently, they should take it up with Kshimoto-san.

The Kyubi Naruto
Fri, 01-16-2004, 05:31 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>god... anime is for kids.... what so fucking hard to accept?

yeah, sure that not all anime is like that, but the majority is targeted at 4-16 year audince...

now just think about it, of all your anime collection, how many of them would you show your parents and expect them to like?

about one or two, right? and that&#39;s from a collection that has about 60 or something animes, ain&#39;t i right?

everyone has some hobbies that are &#39;childish&#39; for his age, no one complains about it, but when someone tries to denay it, it becomes pathetic...

tell your sister she&#39;s totally right, but you just don&#39;t give a shit about it, cuz you enjoy it...

Yep I agree. And you don&#39;t know how many times I have had to fight over these stupid matters with some of my friends.
But now, they just accept me, because I am a total woman when it comes to disagreements (totally unbeatable and unfair) http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/laugh.gif

Superman
Fri, 01-16-2004, 05:36 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Shinji Ikari @ Jan 16 2004, 04:19 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> I don&#39;t know if you guys already know this... But what i know is that from what Kishimoto-san says himself, Naruto is an anime meant both for younger kids and older kids (like in my age and above 17).... </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Woot, can&#39;t argue with the man Kishmoto.

Naruto is just a cartoon made for kids. Just like the cartoons we grew up with.

In a psychology class I took, the professor has us watch 10 min of the old X-Men cartoon (early 90s version - the best one), and then 10 min of the movie Terminator. We were supposed to count all the violent acts in each. The X-Men blew the Terminator away.

Don&#39;t be ashamed - kids like cool stuff.

weed
Fri, 01-16-2004, 05:41 AM
Great shows are for all ages. I know a few older people(27-28) who watch Naruto. Just because its a cartoon doesn&#39;t mean its just for kids

Crimson_Behelit
Fri, 01-16-2004, 06:00 AM
In reality, virtually all anime is aimed DIRECTLY at a children&#39;s audience. It&#39;s a fact. Ask anyone who has actually lived in Japan. When I was eating sushi with some friends at a Japanese restaurant located near a anime convention, we had a interesting discussion with the people that ran the restaurant. They were extremely surprised to find that so many adults watched anime. They said that all anime is strictly for children in Japan and that it is considered weird for adults to watch it. Out of the 10 adults running the Sushi bar, NONE of them watched anime. But that still doesn&#39;t change the fact that it fun and interesting to watch, especially for foreign fans like us. Just because it&#39;s for kids, doesn&#39;t mean it&#39;s not good.

Legendary Nin
Fri, 01-16-2004, 06:03 AM
ナルト is for everyone except reak youg viewers.Basiclly teen plus.

rEkKaShInObI
Fri, 01-16-2004, 06:07 AM
its only part true that anime is for kids only. there is anime out there that is best suited for adults. i cant think of any but heres some examples

ex. Hentai is NOT for kids

ex.2 an adult wouldnt know who Rock Lee is or where the hell that name came from

ex 3. shows like &quot;Kite&quot;, &quot;Ninja Scroll&quot;, and &quot;ghost in the shell&quot; have partial nudity in it and probably wont be recommended for most viewers

ex4. an adult viewer would very much like hentai over naruto

ex5. a kid will get addicted to hentai and start doing dirty shit if they keep watching

ex6. an adult will not know who the hell Uchiha Sasuke is

theres ratings on anime series, take time to look at them before u assume something.

Crimson_Behelit
Fri, 01-16-2004, 06:27 AM
Not to say that ALL anime is aimed at kids, only the vast majority. Basicly, Anime is just like our regular programming here in the USA. They have all different genres for all different age groups. Here in the USA, most cartoons are aimed at kids while a few are obviously not aimed at kids. But I can say for sure that Naruto is aimed at kids.

True_strengh
Fri, 01-16-2004, 06:56 AM
Please stop arguing ,.. i thoguht you all would agree with me that its not for kids beacuse it hits back to your selfs ..if is for children we all would be childish ,.. and i dont see my self that way ..someone agree with me?

BakaShinji
Fri, 01-16-2004, 07:01 AM
I HAVE THE SOLUTION TO THIS QUESTION:

A/S/L/last time you got laid.

of course, the audience that actually watches, doesn&#39;t mean the target audience intended.

1. Watching cartoons is generally accepted as a childish thing. I mean, adults deal with real life stuff that&#39;s really a downer, like work and paying the bills and mowing the lawn, have sex with your mom.

Children can do whatever the f*ck they like. Play in the sand, pick their noses, and yes.. believe it or not, watch cartoons. So i would classify my watching of anime as a childish act.

2. THe Simpsons were written by people that graduated from Harvard, ever heard of Conan O&#39; Brien? The satirical work is obviously targeting adult individuals who can comprehend the politics behind their daily lives. Kids could care less who&#39;s president, except when they get a presidents quiz.

Naruto does not do that. The anime, at most, is just a story about a bunch of fictionary kids living their dramatized soap opera&#39;d lives.

3. Finally, read the manga, then watch the anime. Your opinions will change as to whether or not the cartoon has been dumbed down.

20/M/california/my g/f keeps my penis in a jar http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_jumpon.gif

Death BOO Z
Fri, 01-16-2004, 07:04 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (True_strengh @ Jan 16 2004, 05:56 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Please stop arguing ,.. i thoguht you all would agree with me that its not for kids beacuse it hits back to your selfs ..if is for children we all would be childish ,.. and i dont see my self that way ..someone agree with me? </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
I couldn&#39;t put it better myself, you said it yourself.

some of us say it isn&#39;t for kids cuz they don&#39;t want to feel childish...

but the truth is that anime and even most of the manga, have nothing to appeal to &#39;older&#39; audience, it&#39;s there for kids and people who like to feel like kids sometimes...

for e.x, i gave my father to read the manga of &quot;death note&quot; once, i really liked it and found it mature and complicated, he just thought it was stupid.
e.x 2, my father walked into my room while me and my brother were watching naruto, he asked me what&#39;s it&#39;s about, so i just said &quot;ninjas, ninjas, ninjas&#33;&quot; (think naruto style saying) and he asked if he could join us.

which goes to say that even people at the 40&#39;s and 50&#39;s can enjoy anime the same way we do, but ignoring logic and age diffrences and just seeing how &#39;cool&#39; ninjas are.

True_strengh
Fri, 01-16-2004, 07:06 AM
thanks for understanding

BakaShinji
Fri, 01-16-2004, 07:12 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Death BOO Z @ Jan 16 2004, 06:04 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (True_strengh &#064; Jan 16 2004, 05:56 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Please stop arguing ,.. i thoguht you all would agree with me that its not for kids beacuse it hits back to your selfs ..if is for children we all would be childish ,.. and i dont see my self that way ..someone agree with me? </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
I couldn&#39;t put it better myself, you said it yourself.

some of us say it isn&#39;t for kids cuz they don&#39;t want to feel childish...

but the truth is that anime and even most of the manga, have nothing to appeal to &#39;older&#39; audience, it&#39;s there for kids and people who like to feel like kids sometimes...

for e.x, i gave my father to read the manga of &quot;death note&quot; once, i really liked it and found it mature and complicated, he just thought it was stupid.
e.x 2, my father walked into my room while me and my brother were watching naruto, he asked me what&#39;s it&#39;s about, so i just said &quot;ninjas, ninjas, ninjas&#33;&quot; (think naruto style saying) and he asked if he could join us.

which goes to say that even people at the 40&#39;s and 50&#39;s can enjoy anime the same way we do, but ignoring logic and age diffrences and just seeing how &#39;cool&#39; ninjas are. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
haha, your dad&#39;s cool&#33;

jing
Fri, 01-16-2004, 07:26 AM
it depends how old a kid is to u.
for example, im 17 i dont think im a kid, cuz i can drive n do things.
but then i also think naruto isnt for someone thats like 5 or 6. uno sexy no jutsu wil mess them over

True_strengh
Fri, 01-16-2004, 07:29 AM
Under my age&#33;&#33; ..no..

rEkKaShInObI
Fri, 01-16-2004, 07:38 AM
getting outta hand here...

lookit the ratings for anime, itll answer the questions.

itsgalf
Fri, 01-16-2004, 08:24 AM
Doesn&#39;t even matter what the rating is. If its for kids, thats nice, we all still watch it because it appeals to us...end of story

rEkKaShInObI
Fri, 01-16-2004, 11:00 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (itsgalf @ Jan 16 2004, 07:24 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Doesn&#39;t even matter what the rating is. If its for kids, thats nice, we all still watch it because it appeals to us...end of story </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
im just saying you know... whats for teens, kids, and adults

Assassin
Fri, 01-16-2004, 12:28 PM
god, i hate when ppl say cartoons are for kids......i dont understand how cartoons are differnt from &quot;real&quot; tv shows or movies.....its just another form of entertainment, a different medium if u will. just because theres this streotype of only kids watching cartoons, ppl tend to think all &quot;animated&quot; things are childish.

look at the simpsons and southpark for gods sake.......they&#39;re both &quot;cartoons&quot; (and not even anime, which i consider a whole different category all together), yet they&#39;r not intended to kids.

and if u wanna talk about the whole maturity thing, what about all those reality shows on fox? i mean, ppl humilitating thenselves on national tv, and other ppl sitting at home watching that and enjoying it......thats pretty f***ing degrading and immature. (the best example would b the new reality show &quot;my fat no good fiance&quot; or somethign like that).

anime, is not the same as cartoons imo......there are animes intended for kids, and animes intended for adults.....look at some of the anime movies....perfect blue, armitage (sp), Kite. thats all &quot;anime&quot; yet its certainly not for kids.

Naruto is one anime thats enjoyable by BOTH kids and adults alike......its has action and comedy for the kids, as well as excellent plots and hidden meanings for adults. so to say that all anime is for kids is stupid, and to say that naruto is JUST for kids is stupid

if anything, the age group for an anime should b judged by its viewers, not by what some network execs think. if the majority of ppl watching naruto are teens and young adults (or atleast a good number, if not the majority) then *thats* the age group for it

True_strengh
Fri, 01-16-2004, 12:35 PM
My older sister says naruto is cartoon for childrens. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mad.gif http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mad.gif
i dont know how the fuck she thinks&#33;&#33;? fighting anime is not for childrens ...well ok this maby was a stupid topic .... but i just want to say that its not for childrens&#33;&#33; so now you know ...lol... http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_gap.gif

Uchiha-Itachi
Fri, 01-16-2004, 12:36 PM
Your sis needs to get laid http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

True_strengh
Fri, 01-16-2004, 12:37 PM
probably http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

Dar'min
Fri, 01-16-2004, 12:41 PM
lol I hate when people say that anime is for children when most of the stuff is for adults&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Assertn
Fri, 01-16-2004, 12:41 PM
i believe it is cleaned up a little to be more presentable to younger japanese kiddies.....my ex-roommate also pointed out the little japanese characters above the text that appears at the beginning of each episode (the little chars are for younger kids who arent as fluent in whatever version of writing thats in to help them)

Although the standards for a kids show in japan is about equal to the standards of a teen/mature audience here

itachi_
Fri, 01-16-2004, 01:10 PM
In the beginning of naruto it was for brat&#39;s but now when it&#39;s getting more complicated and involved with more thoughts behind it, it&#39;s more for teenagers/adults.. that&#39;s my opinion.

Superman
Fri, 01-16-2004, 01:27 PM
It is totally for kids - the main characters are all Junior High age. It comes in the same comic that also brought us Yugioh, Dragonball Z, and Hikaru no Go - all also made for kids. You guys are to insecure and you need to grow up. Everyone tries to justify why they are watching cartoons and say that anime is more than it really is.

Accept the fact that just because it is made for kids, it can still be fun to watch.

GHill_wolverine
Sat, 01-17-2004, 02:18 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Aegis Runestone @ Jan 17 2004, 12:48 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> I disargee.... I would not let my children(if I had ny) watch this until they were in their teens. It&#39;s a bit too bloody and well, I&#39;m not ready to show younger children that until they are at least 7 years of age, that&#39;s when they learn to depict fantasy from reality. In any case, I would say NOT for the youngest children, but it&#39;s still good for the rest of the ages. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/smile.gif </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
I can understand that, but i&#39;m not narrowminded, why ?

Look, i&#39;m not the type of parent that&#39;s say to his childeren that
what i watch you may not watch, because of what bad dreams? copying?
blood?

Hell my kids are 6 and up and watch LOTR spidey almost everything...
I do not protect them against the real world, shit happens.
When they start to copy things from something like Naruto i will and i have
learned them Naruto is makebelieve so if you gonna hit somebody it&#39;s gonna
hurt like hell, if you fall it&#39;s gonna hurt etc. etc.
Because i warned them nowadays yes they play Naruto but when they fall they fall
in slow motion, and things like starting fights with other kids nope never heard
the teachers about it &#33;&#33;&#33; and I have ask &#33;&#33;&#33; they are two good boys at school.
Sure they have fights when they are provoked, i have seen it with my own eyes
when one brother was in trouble the other keeps his eyes on him to see if he
must help, if not he just waits...

Parents have the responseblity to learn there childeren what right whats wrong,
so if they see something on TV or what ever it&#39;s my turn to act when they try to
copy it.

I&#39;m very proud of my boys that they are so responsable and still have great fun
playing Naruto without hurting them self or somebody.

Wolvie out

Darknight
Sat, 01-17-2004, 02:54 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SilentSnake @ Jan 16 2004, 04:18 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> well manga and anime like berserk is definitely not for children, naruto is for kids, but that doesn&#39;t change the fact that it also has interesting plot. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Lol, berserk isn&#39;t for some adults either.
Even I had a hard time stomaching the ending, and I&#39;ve seen a lot of weird crap in my time.

Anyway, back on topic:

Anime is just a classification of film. Like &quot;action&quot;, &quot;drama&quot;, or &quot;comedy&quot;.
Some is for kids, some is for adults.

In western society, cartoons are generally aimed towards kids and &quot;maturing young adults&quot; are told to avoid the trivialties of their childhood.
So, basically...

Anime is a bunch of cartoons aimed at everyone.
Take they as they are, or just ignore them.

Side note: I&#39;m an adult and I still watch disney movies, the simpsons, and even the occasional children&#39;s cartoon. There is nothing wrong with it. So stop milling over insecurities and just enjoy what you enjoy and stop classifing it.

Crimson_Behelit
Sat, 01-17-2004, 03:22 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Darknight @ Jan 17 2004, 01:53 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Lol, berserk isn&#39;t for some adults either.
Even I had a hard time stomaching the ending, and I&#39;ve seen a lot of weird crap in my time. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
The thing that makes the Berserk anime so scary at the end is the fact that, almost anyone would make the same choice as Griffith. Berserk&#39;s creator was an absolute genius. The story was so damn good, it just went over peoples heads it seems. Certainly not for kids or adults with a weak stomach, lol&#33; http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/laugh.gif Stopping on 25 was just too big of a cliff hanger, I was so pissed&#33;

Legato 2057
Sat, 01-17-2004, 03:55 AM
Wow, 2 pages arguing about nothing.

Vagabond
Sat, 01-17-2004, 04:40 AM
I wish i knew where to get the manga.

OshadowO
Sat, 01-17-2004, 04:59 AM
You know this is exactly like video games. They were supposed to be for kids to. But now they&#39;re becoming a more valid form of entertainment for adults who used to play games when they were kids. Therein lies the key. Adults who grew up on games.

you can&#39;t expect any of our parents to get into anime, games, or anything simialr because they did not grow up with them. To them they very well are things for kids because they saw us. their kids, grow up with them.

For those of us that did grow up with this stuff its perfectly normal to watch shows..even those that might be aimed at younger audinces. My parents still sit down and watch bugs bunny or something on occasion. You&#39;d never catch them watching transformers for nostalgia though:/

Bottomline who cares. Its entertainment. IF you have fun who gives a shit what somebody else defines it as:/

boomorman
Sat, 01-17-2004, 05:19 AM
I&#39;d say its designed for like like 10-14ish range. However I&#39;m very immature, and I like it.

XwingRob
Sat, 01-17-2004, 05:31 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (OshadowO @ Jan 17 2004, 03:58 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> You know this is exactly like video games. They were supposed to be for kids to. But now they&#39;re becoming a more valid form of entertainment for adults who used to play games when they were kids. Therein lies the key. Adults who grew up on games.

you can&#39;t expect any of our parents to get into anime, games, or anything simialr because they did not grow up with them. To them they very well are things for kids because they saw us. their kids, grow up with them.

For those of us that did grow up with this stuff its perfectly normal to watch shows..even those that might be aimed at younger audinces. My parents still sit down and watch bugs bunny or something on occasion. You&#39;d never catch them watching transformers for nostalgia though:/

Bottomline who cares. Its entertainment. IF you have fun who gives a shit what somebody else defines it as:/ </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
That&#39;s what I think too.

A77ALiSTiC
Sat, 01-17-2004, 07:14 AM
i believe that naruto is not ONLY for kids... it has all the ingredients of a show for kids, like the humour, the moral messages, and being a cartoon in general. it also has everything that would get an adult hooked, the violence, the excitement, the mystory, and sexy no jutsu http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif
there are animes/cartoons out there that were aimed for kids, but got a huge audience consisting of adults, and vice versa
i think you should tell your sister to check out the forums (not just this forum, any forum with naruto in it), and see how many children she will find... probably 4 or 5

True_strengh
Sat, 01-17-2004, 07:48 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (RoMuLuu @ Jan 17 2004, 12:05 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Hmmm... No, this is not a stupid topic, even I don&#39;t know if this has been discussed earlier. But anyway, in my opinion Naruto is not for kids. Or well, who are kids and who aren&#39;t? In my opinion this serie is too hard to understand correctly for kids (lets say for example 7-13 years old kids). Of course kids can watch it, but they don&#39;t unrestand a shit about the plot? Of course there are some ~13 years old kids who maybe can? I&#39;m sure in Japan a lot of small children watch this anime, but all they see in it is prapably the fighting, nothing more... So in my opinion this anime is originally ment to people, lets say about 15 years and up. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Yes i think Naruto are a little to complicated for childrens,. as you said they just see the fighting(i didn&#39;t had much to say , just wanted you to know i agree&#39;d with you.....)

True_strengh
Sat, 01-17-2004, 07:51 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Legato 2057 @ Jan 17 2004, 02:54 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Wow, 2 pages arguing about nothing. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
5 pages . and by the way this is not &quot;nothing&quot;
where trying to come up to a sort of selution on this.,,. we discuss theoris ,facts and stuff so dont come here say this is nothing http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/dry.gif http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/dry.gif

True_strengh
Sat, 01-17-2004, 07:58 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (GHill_wolverine @ Jan 17 2004, 01:17 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Aegis Runestone &#064; Jan 17 2004, 12:48 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> I disargee.... I would not let my children(if I had ny) watch this until they were in their teens. It&#39;s a bit too bloody and well, I&#39;m not ready to show younger children that until they are at least 7 years of age, that&#39;s when they learn to depict fantasy from reality. In any case, I would say NOT for the youngest children, but it&#39;s still good for the rest of the ages. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/smile.gif </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
I can understand that, but i&#39;m not narrowminded, why ?

Look, i&#39;m not the type of parent that&#39;s say to his childeren that
what i watch you may not watch, because of what bad dreams? copying?
blood?

Hell my kids are 6 and up and watch LOTR spidey almost everything...
I do not protect them against the real world, shit happens.
When they start to copy things from something like Naruto i will and i have
learned them Naruto is makebelieve so if you gonna hit somebody it&#39;s gonna
hurt like hell, if you fall it&#39;s gonna hurt etc. etc.
Because i warned them nowadays yes they play Naruto but when they fall they fall
in slow motion, and things like starting fights with other kids nope never heard
the teachers about it &#33;&#33;&#33; and I have ask &#33;&#33;&#33; they are two good boys at school.
Sure they have fights when they are provoked, i have seen it with my own eyes
when one brother was in trouble the other keeps his eyes on him to see if he
must help, if not he just waits...

Parents have the responseblity to learn there childeren what right whats wrong,
so if they see something on TV or what ever it&#39;s my turn to act when they try to
copy it.

I&#39;m very proud of my boys that they are so responsable and still have great fun
playing Naruto without hurting them self or somebody.

Wolvie out </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
keep on with the good work http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/cool.gif

Uchiha-Itachi
Sat, 01-17-2004, 08:27 AM
Well it&#39;s kinda prejudged here .. if you see limbs flying and gallons of blood gushing and nudity it&#39;s for teens and older, but if the same anime doesn&#39;t have the limbs flying and blood gushing and nudity it&#39;s for children all of a sudden???
http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/blink.gif

kaigan
Sat, 01-17-2004, 08:37 AM
family guy is a cartoon but it is definitely NOT FOR KIDS&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; Freaking it was banned. well, cartoon network picked it up now.

Iwould say naruto is for teens and up. If you show it to kids, they wouldn&#39;t understand much except for it has cool animation for the fighting scene.

kids cartoon are like pokemon.

True_strengh
Sat, 01-17-2004, 09:07 AM
Yea pokemon does not contain blod and nudity, Naruto do so who cares if it is meant to be for children , i dont think so and there is nothing you can say to make up my mind on that http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/dry.gif

jing
Sat, 01-17-2004, 09:10 AM
cartoon is definately not for kids. its ANIMATED pictures. its a form of ART. artists bust their asses drawing for people to watch. now if were talking about hentai thats a different story. but naruto is for all ages. if parents dont wanna let their children watch sexy no jutsu then thats their choice. BESIDES, I CANT IMAGINE SOME 5 YEARS OLD KID USING THE INTERNET N DLING ANIME.

Kn1ves
Sat, 01-17-2004, 09:19 AM
Hardy har har

Have any of you guys figured out that DBZ and Yu-Gi-Oh arent in one criteria?

Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon are in the same league
and DBZ and Naruto in another...

why?

Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon are merchandise animes targeted towards a younger demographic. Basically, an anime without much story and alot of episodes just to sell merchandise

Unlike DBZ, which was turned to a merchandise selling anime once it hit the America... go figure

Anyways, I think Naruto is aimed towards preteens and onward because I dont think kids would under that age would understand most of whats going on... but yes.. Naruto isnt a &#39;collect them all&#39; anime thats usually aimed toward a younger audience.

hiddenpookie
Sat, 01-17-2004, 09:26 AM
aruto is fro kids 10 and up. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/tongue.gif thats whta i think...yes my sis always say anime is for kids ahhhw/e stfu&#33; oo not to start any convo or nuttin but i heard....sailormoon was intended for guys and was really not for kids 0_0 or was it? ahhh w/e

Legato 2057
Sat, 01-17-2004, 09:29 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (True_strengh &#064; Jan 17 2004, 03:51 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> 5 pages . and by the way this is not &quot;nothing&quot;
where trying to come up to a sort of selution on this.,,. we discuss theoris ,facts and stuff so dont come here say this is nothing http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/dry.gif http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/dry.gif </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Please tell me that english is not your first language; if it is, you need to pay more attention in school.

Just for the record, you are not an adult untill you reach the age of 18 (by law at least). And since the majority of the people on this board are under 18, apparently this show is aimed at kids.

Kakashi-Senpai
Sat, 01-17-2004, 09:33 AM
Who cares about your sister commends? The really fans of naruto do not care want other people think about the show, its what they think about the show that is the most important.

Nine Tailed Demon
Sat, 01-17-2004, 09:50 AM
Well the manga defianetly isn&#39;t, naruto naked with hinata, really didn&#39;t need to see that...

<span style='color:#D6DBE0'>syke&#33;</span>

RaZzy
Sat, 01-17-2004, 09:52 AM
i don&#39;t care about your sister, do you?

Nine Tailed Demon:
manga is the same as anime
hentai isn&#39;t

Crimson
Sat, 01-17-2004, 10:09 AM
This hole naruro Is for kids or not is all a load of bull.

This is the way i se it if you like it se it if not...well up to you.

GHill_wolverine
Sat, 01-17-2004, 11:41 AM
Hi

Yup Naruto is for kids/teens, japanese kids/teens are way ahead of the kids from the USA or Europe so what....

Jeez do you want to know my age? .... don&#39;t fall from your seat http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/blink.gif i&#39;m 37 years old, jeez is that bad ? pff i was watching Akira, GITS, Fist of the North Star
a long time ago last year i found out that you could download Anime from that
moment on i been doing nothing else http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif.

Naruto i just luv to see every episode, having great fun although some epi&#39;s are a
bit .... filled (ahum)

btw i have two kids (boys) when they are with me they watch with daddy Anime http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/tongue.gif
from Pokemon to DBZ to Naruto (daddy don&#39;t like DBZ ... but hey they have fun)

Been reading comics all of my life X-men to Spidey to manga playing videogames
as long as i was selling PS i was a good Tekkenplayer http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

Nowadays i&#39;m DSL engineer for a ISP and in the evening i maintain a website for gamers, or when i have time i play DF:BHD just lots of fun....

So any problems with that ?? http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_w00t1.gif

Like i give a .......

Wolvie out

Junichiro
Sat, 01-17-2004, 12:01 PM
i think it was origanaly intended for 10-14 age range, but as the manga whent on it changed to 12 and up just because how cool it is and the show gave it more violence-you see the blood dripping at the same speed as it does in real time, not to mention that there is no age limit to watching a show. you might get ridiculed for it but in reality there is nothing wrong with that

(this part re-edited) wow and your not the steriotipical 37 year old comic book guy thats 400 lb that lives in his mother&#39;s basement. pffft people think i will be like that, but the joke&#39;s on them. im going to live in the attic.

see he proves my point of the no age limit thing

GHill_wolverine
Sat, 01-17-2004, 12:27 PM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Junichiro &#064; Jan 17 2004, 11:01 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> (this part re-edited) wow and your not the steriotipical 37 year old comic book guy thats 400 lb that lives in his mother&#39;s basement. pffft people think i will be like that, but the joke&#39;s on them. im going to live in the attic.

see he proves my point of the no age limit thing </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif Ghehehe um...

Okay i&#39;m no basement type weight is arround 74 Kilograms height is 1 meter 82 Centimeters
so i&#39;m slim in size http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/tongue.gif (sorry i&#39;m living in holland so that&#39;s why kg and cm dunno feet and lbs http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/sad.gif )

Yup anime does not know age http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_laughbounce.gif

Wolvie out

Nara Shikamaru VI
Sat, 01-17-2004, 12:58 PM
definately not

Yu-Gi-Oh and pokemons are for kids but Naruto are for Teens and Adults. and i hope it stays that way, cos if kids get into Naruto, u&#39;ll see cheesy Naruto merchandise everywhere like Ramen Shaped Cereal, Kyuubi Undies, Gai Toothpaste. *shudder just thinking bout it* i wish that day never comes

RoMuLuu
Sat, 01-17-2004, 01:05 PM
Hmmm... No, this is not a stupid topic, even I don&#39;t know if this has been discussed earlier. But anyway, in my opinion Naruto is not for kids. Or well, who are kids and who aren&#39;t? In my opinion this serie is too hard to understand correctly for kids (lets say for example 7-13 years old kids). Of course kids can watch it, but they don&#39;t unrestand a shit about the plot? Of course there are some ~13 years old kids who maybe can? I&#39;m sure in Japan a lot of small children watch this anime, but all they see in it is prapably the fighting, nothing more... So in my opinion this anime is originally ment to people, lets say about 15 years and up.

GHill_wolverine
Sat, 01-17-2004, 01:38 PM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (RoMuLuu @ Jan 17 2004, 12:05 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Hmmm... No, this is not a stupid topic, even I don&#39;t know if this has been discussed earlier. But anyway, in my opinion Naruto is not for kids. Or well, who are kids and who aren&#39;t? In my opinion this serie is too hard to understand correctly for kids (lets say for example 7-13 years old kids). Of course kids can watch it, but they don&#39;t unrestand a shit about the plot? Of course there are some ~13 years old kids who maybe can? I&#39;m sure in Japan a lot of small children watch this anime, but all they see in it is prapably the fighting, nothing more... So in my opinion this anime is originally ment to people, lets say about 15 years and up. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Hell no&#33; this is not a stupid topic...

I think Naruto is for everybody who want&#39;s to see en enjoy it like it is.
Sure there is a plot, hell you better say multi layer plots most of us see
them and understand them and some of us will not but enjoy the fighting
en jokes.

Kids like the fighting

Teens/adults like the fighting and sexual jokes/hints and the plot(s)

So conclusion? enjoyment for any age, let&#39;s just enjoy Naruto as is &#33;

Wolvie out

Aegis Runestone
Sat, 01-17-2004, 01:48 PM
I disargee.... I would not let my children(if I had ny) watch this until they were in their teens. It&#39;s a bit too bloody and well, I&#39;m not ready to show younger children that until they are at least 7 years of age, that&#39;s when they learn to depict fantasy from reality. In any case, I would say NOT for the youngest children, but it&#39;s still good for the rest of the ages. :)

RoMuLuu
Sat, 01-17-2004, 01:58 PM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Aegis Runestone &#064; Jan 17 2004, 07:48 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> I disargee.... I would not let my children(if I had ny) watch this until they were in their teens. It&#39;s a bit too bloody and well, I&#39;m not ready to show younger children that until they are at least 7 years of age, that&#39;s when they learn to depict fantasy from reality. In any case, I would say NOT for the youngest children, but it&#39;s still good for the rest of the ages. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/smile.gif </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
I kind of agree with you. Not for the youngest children. Even Naruto is not very bloody serie and doesn&#39;t include sex or nudity. Of course it&#39;s every adults own decision to let their children watch it or not. That can&#39;t be argued about. But I wouldn&#39;t see the point of letting young children watch it, because thay don&#39;t understand the plot. That&#39;s why they could watch something easier to understand. Maybe Donald Duck for example? And then when they have grown up a bit, are able to understand the plot, and understand the difference between the TV series and real life they can start to watch Naruto.

nar'to
Sun, 01-18-2004, 02:07 AM
i think there are 2 separate issues here.
1) is animation just for kids?.... no, its just a form of media to portray a storyline
2) is the naruto storyline aimed only to target a kids audience?.... no, the story, especially in the manga, can get bloody and deal with some complex plot twists that would likely make it PG14-ish.

for me, naruto is all about an excellent story.
i think in any person in any age category, from child to grandparent, would all enjoy a good tale.

with naruto being &quot;animated&quot;, it leads people into the stereotypical mindset of cartoons being childish and just for kids..... this is wrong&#33;&#33;&#33; the anime is just another form of media use to tell this story. the people in japan carry a greater appreciation for anime media than any other place in the world. japanese people are the primary target audience (don&#39;t forget, we all came here to DL for the subtitles). the fact that naruto may be tamed down a little is just to increase the acceptability across all demographics and getting more people to watch it.

so whether the naruto storyline is told through manga, live action acting or animation........ what&#39;s the difference&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; can&#39;t we all enjoy the sheer entertainment of the storyline.

Legato 2057
Sun, 01-18-2004, 02:49 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>what&#39;s the difference&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; can&#39;t we all enjoy the sheer entertainment of the storyline. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>

Apparently not. Some people have to make excuses for why they like something instead of just liking it for what it is.

I&#39;m 24 and I enjoy Naruto, but I still know that it aimed at a younger audience.

MaSSiO
Sun, 01-18-2004, 05:24 AM
In my opinion Naruto is for all ages

i dont know why u people thinks that its not for kids , well just if u like it see it dont make up things if its for kids or not .

and btw in the anime they dont show nudity and blood as the same as the manga , in the manga they show more blood like when Shino was fighting with that guy with air attacks in the exam the explosions had cut his hand and its fell to the grounds now this scene is not for kids so they made the anime without cutting his arm so kids can see it and when naruto use sexy no jetsu in the manga they show u her boobs but in the anime they dont show u

so its for all ages

Uzumaki Naruto
Sun, 01-18-2004, 08:55 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>My older sister says naruto is cartoon for childrens. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> maybe ur sister has no life and all she can do is critisize u on anything that u watch, for all we no she could be watching that powerpuff girl or soemthing liek that

True_strengh
Sun, 01-18-2004, 11:17 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Legato 2057 @ Jan 17 2004, 08:28 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (True_strengh &#064; Jan 17 2004, 03:51 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> 5 pages .* and by the way this is not &quot;nothing&quot;
where trying to come up to a sort of selution on this.,,. we discuss theoris ,facts and stuff so dont come here say this is nothing http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/dry.gif* http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/dry.gif </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Please tell me that english is not your first language; if it is, you need to pay more attention in school.

Just for the record, you are not an adult untill you reach the age of 18 (by law at least). And since the majority of the people on this board are under 18, apparently this show is aimed at kids. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Shut up , suit your self moron

OshadowO
Sun, 01-18-2004, 12:56 PM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Legato 2057 &#064; Jan 18 2004, 10:49 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>what&#39;s the difference&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; can&#39;t we all enjoy the sheer entertainment of the storyline. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>

Apparently not. Some people have to make excuses for why they like something instead of just liking it for what it is.

I&#39;m 24 and I enjoy Naruto, but I still know that it aimed at a younger audience. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>

For someone who is so obviously bothered by this thread you sure come into this a lot.
If you don&#39;t like the content stay out of the thread. Its simple and very effective.

Frank_griffith
Sun, 01-18-2004, 01:49 PM
I dont care if Naruto is aimed for kids or not, but I&#39;m not a kid and I love it.

Elessar
Mon, 01-19-2004, 06:46 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (AssertnFailure @ Jan 16 2004, 11:41 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> my ex-roommate also pointed out the little japanese characters above the text that appears at the beginning of each episode (the little chars are for younger kids who arent as fluent in whatever version of writing thats in to help them) </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Right. That&#39;s called &#39;okurigana&#39; and you will find it in the manga too.

Generally, that&#39;s an indicator that the anime/manga was aimed at an audience that hasn&#39;t completed the 6 year kanji training that takes place in japanese _elementary schools_ yet.

So no way of speaking &quot;for adults&quot;.

True_strengh
Tue, 01-20-2004, 02:39 AM
A poll would have been easier http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/tongue.gif http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/tongue.gif http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/wink.gif
http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_plasmawhore.gif

Rothman
Tue, 01-20-2004, 03:26 AM
I don&#39;t understant why some people think &quot;all&quot; animes are for kids. Would &quot;BIBLE BLACK&quot; and &quot;La Blue GIRL&quot; be kid&#39;s cartoon?

logigamer
Tue, 01-20-2004, 11:59 AM
http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_gap.gif Got i got shy now&#33;&#33; Im quitting watching Naruto .
by the way all do the same and be happy. Naruto end of story

Insomniac
Tue, 01-20-2004, 12:04 PM
Naruto was slightly cencored from the manga to make it appeal to a younger audience but its mostly a teenage thing

EpoC
Tue, 01-20-2004, 01:04 PM
Naruto may look pretty childish. but there is some violence and blood in it.
Like when kakashi used his chidori on zabuza and hit haku insteed. that was pretty violent, all that blood, when i saw that I thought, is this for children?
probobly not.

And that anime is childish becuse it&#39;s not live action. That is just rediculous.
I saw macross plus for a week ago or something, to be honest with you I didn&#39;t understand half of it.

and now if anime is childish, then I&#39;m an 16 year old child.

oh wait a minute. do you count as a child in the age of 16?

True_strengh
Tue, 01-20-2004, 01:36 PM
noop http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/tongue.gif