Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is naruto for kids?

I would say Naruto is for kids/teens, like most (almost all) fighting animes.

well listen if its for kids dont you think the parents would complain about the swearing , violence and blood as well has light amount of nudity shown , as in small bikinis n narutos transformations n wot now? i do think it was mainly aimed at young teenager but then their target group changed to older teenagers/young adults

Missing Nin
    the simpsons is "for kids" and yet its largest audience is adults. no need to be ashamed jst cos i prefer kids programs to a lot of programs that are aimed my age group, cos most of it involves hiphop themes or other shit like that that i find annoying and non entertaining

compared to the manga, the anime is for kids.

japanese television gets away with alot more than ours does.....but i dont think the words we view as profanity isnt really offensive to people in japan.

Shoot.....there was a scene in the second episode of Sonic X where Sonic clearly says "Shit", yet that show is clearly for a younger audience than naruto is. It just isnt really a bad word for them.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Awesome user with default custom title Jman's Avatar
    I think it's for teens but not 4kids (youngins)

Formerly known as 'Animemaster'

well naruto has been created for kids (it is pubblished on a container magazine that is obviously produced for kids) but it turned out to be good enought to be liked also by adults...... it isn't the first time that this happens (someone said DB?)

BaKa, I think that there are some animes for kids and some for teens. But most of em are for adults, HeH.

god... anime is for kids.... what so fucking hard to accept?

yeah, sure that not all anime is like that, but the majority is targeted at 4-16 year audince...

now just think about it, of all your anime collection, how many of them would you show your parents and expect them to like?

about one or two, right? and that's from a collection that has about 60 or something animes, ain't i right?

everyone has some hobbies that are 'childish' for his age, no one complains about it, but when someone tries to denay it, it becomes pathetic...

tell your sister she's totally right, but you just don't give a shit about it, cuz you enjoy it...

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>It is totally for kids - the main characters are all Junior High age. It comes in the same comic that also brought us Yugioh, Dragonball Z, and Hikaru no Go - all also made for kids. You guys are to insecure and you need to grow up. Everyone tries to justify why they are watching cartoons and say that anime is more than it really is.
    </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>

i tottaly agree.

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Hokage Full-Metal @ Jan 16 2004, 01:12 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> well listen if its for kids dont you think the parents would complain about the swearing , violence and blood as well has light amount of nudity shown , as in small bikinis n narutos transformations n wot now? i do think it was mainly aimed at young teenager but then their target group changed to older teenagers/young adults </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    Violence, blood, swearing, slight nudity, it&#39;s all fine and dandy over in Japan. Alot people in America don&#39;t realize this, but we are one of the most anal nations for trying to shield our so called &quot;precious&quot; young from things like violence, blood, swearing, nudity, germs, strangers, etc. Thing is, the more we try to shield our young from the realties of the world, the weaker and more confused our children become when they are finally exposed to such things. Better to start early and have our children accept reality then to have them freaking out in the later stages of development. Parents in Japan understand this, so no, I don&#39;t think they would complain about something like Naruto. Naruto, while fantastic in appearance and scale, has some very down to life messages that would only strengthen a child&#39;s development.

Yeah it is for kids, but i&#39;m sure kids in Japan are like 10 times more mature than kids in the US. I don&#39;t think they are stupid enough to do something like steal your dads shotgun, go out to the road and shoot a car just because they saw it in an anime or played it in a videogame.
    In my eyes the US is one of the most fucked up countries in the world.

Edit: Oops thats not supposed to be a quote

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (VagabondLBD &#064; Jan 16 2004, 03:12 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Yeah it is for kids, but i&#39;m sure kids in Japan are like 10 times more mature than kids in the US. I don&#39;t think they are stupid enough to do something like steal your dads shotgun, go out to the road and shoot a car just because they saw it in an anime or played it in a videogame.
    In my eyes the US is one of the most fucked up countries in the world.
    </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    You mean aside from the fact that is it virtually impossible to own a firearm in Japan? Lol, 99% of the kids in Japan would never have the opportunity to do such a thing. But yea, you are correct in saying that kids in Japan are more mature then kids in America. My above post helps explain why. It also helps explain why American kids are some of the most &#036;%^&amp;ed up in the world...

Not just guns, I have a friend who&#39;s brother broke one of his friends arms because he saw it on DBZ.

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (VagabondLBD @ Jan 16 2004, 03:27 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Not just guns, I have a friend who&#39;s brother broke one of his friends arms because he saw it on DBZ. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
    Jesus dude&#33; Sound&#39;s like your friend&#39;s brother needs to lay off the crack pipe&#33;

Djees you guys are talking like anime is for kids till 12/16 year old and everyone who is older are forbidden to watch it otherwise you&#39;re a pc nerd with no life??

That&#39;s just the stupidest statement ever..

Anime rulez, who care&#39;s about the age??? And why would you care about the age anyways?

As it&#39;s been said before - Naruto, and for that matter, all anime are mostly something strictly for children in Japan. In fact, it would most likely be seen as &quot;un-cool&quot; for a teenager in Japan to still be watching anime and the like.

Manga is generally a lot more widely accepted than anime - but still the Naruto manga and anime are both for kids (this being the reason why Naruto is only 12/13 and not about 16 or so, to better adapt with the target audience).

^^* Being this worried about it being a kids show is stupid. That&#39;s like seeing an awesome movie and saying &quot;No way that movie is PG rated, that movie was TOTALLY R rated.&quot; just because you don&#39;t want to say you enjoyed a movie of PG rating. Hehe.

( &gt;&gt; I haven&#39;t been here in a while .. hm .. )

id say this series is aimed at viewers like 14 and under because all the genins are around their age, maybe the creators think theyll enjoy it like how we used to like pokemon

Japanese are manga/anime addicts lol

In Japan alone the amount of comics sold is as much as the rest of the worl together

off topic:

Did you know the average age of ppl who play videogames is 28 years.

So they are also &quot;omg get a life&quot; now?

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Did you know the average age of ppl who play videogames is 28 years. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>

Are you serious?? Woah... kinda weird.

Anyways, Naruto is probably for preteens-teens. It&#39;s got language, blood, and nudity (12, and my friend that watches Naruto is also 12. though it&#39;s censored IN THE ANIME, not in the manga all the time). It&#39;s like a funnier and ninja-er version of DBZ in a weird way.