PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Chapter 498

Marik
Wed, 06-09-2010, 06:50 PM
mangastream / binktopia

Online Viewing (http://mangastream.com/read/naruto/31018515/2) | Direct Download (http://static3.mangastream.com/download/Naruto_498.zip)

RyougaZell
Wed, 06-09-2010, 07:05 PM
I love Kushina.
The page with Minato holding her on his arms was awesome.

And I kinda suspected Naruto got his speech from her...

Sidnne
Wed, 06-09-2010, 07:07 PM
Haha, the Bloody Habanero... love it!

Nice chapter. I hope we find out more about her "special" chakra.

Dark Dragon
Wed, 06-09-2010, 07:17 PM
Well, at least we now know that's Naruto wear bright orange for a reason.

Archangel
Wed, 06-09-2010, 07:42 PM
Holy crap, epic foreshadowing!

There was actually a reason why the ninja looked like a fucking traffic cone?? Damn... hats off to Kishimoto, i'm impressed.

rockmanj
Wed, 06-09-2010, 07:46 PM
Was I the only one creeped out by Naruto kind of hitting on his mom? And ginger Naruto? That would have looked odd.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Wed, 06-09-2010, 07:59 PM
Haha, the Bloody Habanero... love it!

Nice chapter. I hope we find out more about her "special" chakra.

Her 'special' chakra has to be something pretty fierce if it was able to stop the Kyubi and hold him there long enough to have a nice little chat.

Yellow and Red make Orange. Nicely played!

Rikudo
Wed, 06-09-2010, 09:30 PM
I thought I was reading freaking Archie comics there for a while. And Little Minato is one cute kid. The earlier generations are totally way better than the later one. After the series is over, I hope Kishi writes a prequel starting with the first hokage when he was young masturbating on a treetop.

UChessmaster
Wed, 06-09-2010, 09:41 PM
You want to see the first hokage when he as young... masturbating on a treetop...

Cal_kashi
Wed, 06-09-2010, 10:29 PM
This chapter made me as happy as Bleach made me rage, it actually drew tears. Happy chapter =^_^=

animus
Wed, 06-09-2010, 10:39 PM
I really enjoyed that chapter for once. Naruto and his mom were very endearing. Got the nasty taste out of my mouth from the recent Bleach Chapter.

Uchiha Barles
Wed, 06-09-2010, 11:45 PM
Wow that was just adorable! That tomato head scene nearly killed me with laughter xD. This was a wonderful surprise of a chapter. Orange Hokage xD.

Death BOO Z
Thu, 06-10-2010, 12:53 AM
I called it last week.

also, I can't believe no one said it before, so i'll call it.
Naruto hugs Kuhina.

The flashbacks always bug me, since I assume that most of the big ninjas, who were\are natural geniuses, got to skip through most school years and became genin\active ninja early on.
I thought that Minato was the same, considering how young he became the hokage.

I'm having trouble believing that they were just average joe's back when they were kids.

still, good episode, despite the fact I have no idea what she's doing there.

edit: the nine tails knows who she is... maybe there's another reason why Naruto was chosen to be the Jinchushindistrictshinkisjishiki.

Sam98034
Thu, 06-10-2010, 02:50 AM
After the series is over, I hope Kishi writes a prequel starting with the first hokage when he was young masturbating on a treetop.

Pedo? Wth?

Anyway, bad ass chapter.

darkshadow
Thu, 06-10-2010, 04:48 AM
Really nice chapter, totally awesome hair on kushina.

animus
Thu, 06-10-2010, 08:26 AM
I called it last week.

The flashbacks always bug me, since I assume that most of the big ninjas, who were\are natural geniuses, got to skip through most school years and became genin\active ninja early on.

I'm having trouble believing that they were just average joe's back when they were kids

still, good episode, despite the fact I have no idea what she's doing there.

edit: the nine tails knows who she is... maybe there's another reason why Naruto was chosen to be the Jinchushindistrictshinkisjishiki.

Kushina said in the chapter that Minato used a bit of her chakra or something to seal the Kyuubi in Naruto, though it doesn't make sense how this bit of chakra can infuse all her memories, personality and everything. Same with Minato in Naruto. Oh well, go Shonen.

fireheart
Thu, 06-10-2010, 08:37 AM

I'm having trouble believing that they were just average joe's back when they were kids.

Well they never said anything about Minato being an average joe while he was a kid, he just attended school just like everyone else. And seeing as he as a kid managed to track and rescue Kushina he was hardly an average joe even as a kid. I mean Sasuke and Neji who are usually called geniuses didn't skip either, don't remember if Itachi skipped though.

Yukimura
Thu, 06-10-2010, 08:50 AM
Itachi graduated the Academy at 7, was a Chuunin at 10, and an ANBU captain at 13. It has never been revealed exactly how the Academy works but I suspect if you can pass the final test then they'll let you out as a genin no matter what age you are or how many years you've been in the Academy.

RyougaZell
Thu, 06-10-2010, 08:56 AM
Kishimoto did say Naruto failed the final exam 3 times... and conveniently he is the worst student? How that happen I have no idea.

Kushina's extra long hair is awesome.

Tyreal
Thu, 06-10-2010, 09:01 AM
Itachi graduated the Academy at 7, was a Chuunin at 10, and an ANBU captain at 13. It has never been revealed exactly how the Academy works but I suspect if you can pass the final test then they'll let you out as a genin no matter what age you are or how many years you've been in the Academy.

Don't forget they also mentioned that while Itachi was growing up that there were alot of Wars/Conflicts (same for Kakashi too IIRC). Maybe when people can graduate depends on how badly they need shinobi to protect the village. For example in war time if you can past the test then you get sent to the field even if you haven't finished your studies, however when the village isn't at war there is a lot more barriers to graduating.

rockmanj
Thu, 06-10-2010, 09:08 AM
I called it last week.

i.

Well, why wouldn't he hug his mom? I wouldn't say that is a savvy or groundbreaking prediction. And yea, that long hair Kushina sports seems like a liability? Didn't Sakura cut her hair because it was getting impractically long (and to symbolize her freedom from Sasuke)?

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Thu, 06-10-2010, 09:08 AM
rock I'm relatively sure he was kidding.

This one teared me up at the start of it. Never thought reading a manga or comic could do that.... I guess after all these years following him I have some serious attachments to Naruto. A while back I thought they should start to wrap up the series cause it felt like it would tarnish it if they dragged it along. Now I want it to go on till I'm 30.

oh yeah and....
LMCACKOFF

You want to see the first hokage when he as young... masturbating on a treetop...

Archangel
Thu, 06-10-2010, 10:33 AM
And yea, that long hair Kushina sports seems like a liability? Didn't Sakura cut her hair because it was getting impractically long (and to symbolize her freedom from Sasuke)?

Only if you suck at being a ninja in the first place, Tsunade always had long hair

Assertn
Thu, 06-10-2010, 11:17 AM

No, the FOURTH hokage.

isso
Thu, 06-10-2010, 11:26 AM
No, the FOURTH hokage.

Yes, after holding Kushina in his arms he takes a 2 sec masterbation and cums on her face, on the threetop... THAT was when she knew she loved him.

Death BOO Z
Thu, 06-10-2010, 11:27 AM
Rock, obviously I was joking, considering all the 'Naruto hugs DarkNaruto' "Naruto hugs Kyuubi" and the "Naruto hugs trees" comments in earlier threads.

now, I'm probably going out on a stretch here, but some other things bother me.

Kuhina's chackra is supposed to be really special, right? unique enough to control the kyuubi (which is supposed to be the counter nuke of the village), but her family didn't live in the ninja village? suspicious.

2nd point, Kyuubi knows Kuhina and the 4th hokage. how? I don't think that they declared their names in the middle of the battle ("I'm the hokage, this's the misses, Kuhina, and we're going to kill you!"), which would imply that they either known each other from before (for example, they were friends before Madare made the kyuubi mad), or from after the sealing, (no wonder Naruto has ADHD, he has three people talking inside his mind).

both options would imply that the kyuubi isn't completely evil crazy; or at least had some other motif for wrecking havoc on the village.

crazy fanfiction theory: Kuhina is a fox lady, Kyuubi is old suitor, jealous and crazy. something, something, DRAMA.

I can agree to the reasoning the during times of war, the village spits out early genins, it sounds a bit silly, but sure, why not.

Archangel
Thu, 06-10-2010, 11:34 AM
Then naruto is a fox spirit with a fox spirit inside of him?

Assertn
Thu, 06-10-2010, 12:23 PM
So in the midst of combat with the Kyubi, Minato...
1) Summons the death god.
2) Captures the Kyubi's soul.
3) Redirects the vessel for the soul to Naruto.
4) Tailors the seal to leak chakra in a controlled manner to Naruto for his protection.
5) Injects some of his own chakra into the seal to trigger a message when the seal is weakened.
6) Injects some of Kurina's chakra into the seal to trigger when Naruto is battling Kyubi.

I don't think we'll ever physically see a flashback of this sealing process, as it has become far too ridiculous at this point.

Y
Thu, 06-10-2010, 02:48 PM
I like that apparently as long as you have pure intentions, using an incredibly evil and malicious power for your own gain is totally OK. I know Naruto isn't exactly known for subtext, but seriously, the Kyuubi practically the Devil. Even a completely hokey subplot about how the Kyuubi was really a nice entity that was corrupted would be better than our pure-hearted Shounen hero basically chaining a demon down for his own benefit.

12345p
Thu, 06-10-2010, 02:49 PM
both options would imply that the kyuubi isn't completely evil crazy; or at least had some other motif for wrecking havoc on the village.
It's already been explained why the Kyuubi attacked the village back then:
http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/386/11/

Although, in reality, only Sasuke knows it.Jaraiya suspected something, and Naruto knows 'someone' was behind the Kyuubi's assault on the Village via Minato.
http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/370/15/
http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/440/08/

(no wonder Naruto has ADHD, he has three people talking inside his mind)Hahaha. I liked that. I'm also inclined to agree with you on that statement. 3rd alternative: Perhaps, over time, all them "living" in Naruto's mind as it were, got to know each other. As for a fourth possible reason .. I dare not speculate.

What I am impressed about is that Kushina can close off her conversations with Naruto so that the Kyuubi can't overhear. Just like Minato. This to me suggests that there really is something special about her.
http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/440/04/

animus
Thu, 06-10-2010, 02:59 PM
It's sad to say that the Yondaime really didn't amount to much. Early in the series we thought the Yondaime was amazing (and he probably kinda is, I guess) for sacrificng himself for this all powerful Nine-Tails. Then we learn that the Nine-Tails is really not that special and is a chump compared to the likes of an Uchiha or the Shodaime. Thus making him, nothing really special. Sure, those two had game-breaking abilities, but it really just feels like the Fourth Hokage was never really that special at all besides aiding in the birth of Naruto.

I'm sure Madara, Tobi, Mask Man, whatever would've been capable of taking out the whole village himself without the need of the Kyuubi.

Sidnne
Thu, 06-10-2010, 11:16 PM
Holy crap, epic foreshadowing!

There was actually a reason why the ninja looked like a fucking traffic cone?? Damn... hats off to Kishimoto, i'm impressed.

It wasn't enough that orange and black are the colors most often associated with a fox?

The Heretic Azazel
Thu, 06-10-2010, 11:41 PM
Seriously... and besides that, habaneros are orange anyway.

Sam98034
Fri, 06-11-2010, 02:41 AM
Kishimoto did say Naruto failed the final exam 3 times... and conveniently he is the worst student? How that happen I have no idea.

Kushina's extra long hair is awesome.

I remember Jiraiya saying Naruto had a hard time minipulating his chakra because of the kyuubi seal or something like that.

Cal_kashi
Fri, 06-11-2010, 11:53 AM
Then naruto is a fox spirit with a fox spirit inside of him?

Yo dawg, we heard you like spirits, so we put a fox in your fox, so you can fight while you fight!

RyougaZell
Fri, 06-11-2010, 12:44 PM
I remember Jiraiya saying Naruto had a hard time minipulating his chakra because of the kyuubi seal or something like that.

My point wasn't he having problem with his chakra. My point was that Naruto failed the final exam 3 times, but conveniently graduated with kids his own age.

Death BOO Z
Fri, 06-11-2010, 01:40 PM
yeah,, but that's an old complaint.
I fanwank it by two options.

1. there are several classes, each with it's own exam, and naruto failed three of them, it's like how you study math, English and science, and have an exam on each of them, and maybe you have some more classes, of which you need to pass several, but not all. so, the point is, Naruto fucked up and passed 0\3 exams, and by doing KBjustu, he managed to get 1\3. letting him pass, but as the worst in class.
2. he failed the exam, the supplementary exam(thanks, buff), and then another supplementary exam. still no idea why the rest of the class got to take a third exam as well. maybe as a village orphan he's expected to get out of school as soon as possible, so he has earlier exams? dunno. but it's not really the point.

I remember some users questionning how come Naruto didn't know who lee is, which would happen if Naruto was held back a year (which we know he didn't seeing how he is the same age as the rest of the class, and how they appear in flashbacks),

Archangel
Fri, 06-11-2010, 02:24 PM
Or maybe when Kishimoto was writing this in his tiny T0 apartment he never figured his work was gonna get this scrutinized by raging fanboys?

dragonrage
Fri, 06-11-2010, 05:36 PM
It's sad to say that the Yondaime really didn't amount to much. Early in the series we thought the Yondaime was amazing (and he probably kinda is, I guess) for sacrificng himself for this all powerful Nine-Tails. Then we learn that the Nine-Tails is really not that special and is a chump compared to the likes of an Uchiha or the Shodaime. Thus making him, nothing really special. Sure, those two had game-breaking abilities, but it really just feels like the Fourth Hokage was never really that special at all besides aiding in the birth of Naruto.

I'm sure Madara, Tobi, Mask Man, whatever would've been capable of taking out the whole village himself without the need of the Kyuubi.

I am pretty sure that it has been stated that only half of the Kyuubi power is sealed in Naruto.

Also I am pretty sure that in the battle with Pain the Nine Tail would have pretty much annihilated anything if the seal wasn't holding it back. Pain and Konoha included. Do you really think a full form, unseal Kyuubi is that easy to deal with......

Also it has been stated that the fourth was very young and talented. It is a lot harder to protect and defend something than to destroy it.

I also think that it has been stated that in the battle between Madara and the First he was severely weakened and still hasn't recovered and is a shell of what he once was, by Itachi.

Madara's goal isn't to destroy Konoha but to control the entry Ninja world itself. Atleast that is what he stated before.

This chapter was pretty awesome. Finally felt like something that has some semblance to earlier chapters.

@Ass. I am pretty sure that the Fourth had Lightning speed, could you clones and had the power of the frogs with him. It has been stated by the Third that he gave up his life to soon.

edit

Sam98034
Fri, 06-11-2010, 07:07 PM
My point wasn't he having problem with his chakra. My point was that Naruto failed the final exam 3 times, but conveniently graduated with kids his own age.

I think it's a different kind of test. Basically, he had to do it to pass. He went through law school, but had to pass the bar to be a lawyer. He doesn't have to go through law school all over again because he failed to pass the bar. And let's not try to take the metaphor too far.

depthcharge
Sat, 06-12-2010, 12:11 AM
Naruto's Oka-san appearing is not unexpected since his father already appeared once. "However, what part of the tame the kyubi equation does she belong to is the question!

1. Suppresing of the evilness in kyubi?
2. ...

anyhow, the properties that the 5 element seal has been revealed far surpassed what we know. Its ability as a Hologram/virtual reality storage of a person memory makes me think of "nen" from hxh that in death a person's nen can become far more potent then when in life.

Also draws comparison to Harry Potter's Mother, who cast a protective spell on HP.

Sam98034
Sat, 06-12-2010, 03:59 PM
Your forgetting Star Wars. They did it first. Obi lets himself get killed by Darth, but then becomes even more powerful through the Force for Luke.

Archangel
Tue, 06-15-2010, 12:05 PM
It wasn't enough that orange and black are the colors most often associated with a fox?
Red has always been the color associated to the Kyuubi, even its chakra has had a "red feel" to it for who knows how many chapters, so i doubt Kishi had that in mind when he first came up with the orange jumpsuit

Seriously... and besides that, habaneros are orange anyway.
Not all of them

http://i.imgur.com/euh5p.jpg

Sidnne
Tue, 06-15-2010, 02:25 PM
Red has always been the color associated to the Kyuubi, even its chakra has had a "red feel" to it for who knows how many chapters, so i doubt Kishi had that in mind when he first came up with the orange jumpsuit

Red is the color of and associated with evil, hatred, and anger. The things of which the Kyuubi's energy supposedly consists.

Archangel
Tue, 06-15-2010, 03:07 PM
Red is the color of and associated with evil, hatred, and anger. The things of which the Kyuubi's energy supposedly consists.
Since when??! >.<

Anger maybe but other than that those are your own interpretations

Pandadice
Tue, 06-15-2010, 09:18 PM
So since his mom had "special chakra", does that mean we can expect a bloodline limit ability to surface in Naruto in the future?

Sidnne
Tue, 06-15-2010, 10:10 PM
Since when??! >.<

Anger maybe but other than that those are your own interpretations

Since Red was invented.

Those are not my own interpretations, those are the characteristics that are attributed to the color red in color psychology. Red is associated with anger, hatred, evil, power, and danger. It can also be associated with passion, courage, lust/sexuality, romance, heat, strength, leadership, and sacrifice.

Sam98034
Wed, 06-16-2010, 01:49 AM
Red is also associated with Big, Infra, Little Riding Hood, Clifford the Big Dog, and Apple, Rover, Eye, Robbin, Giant, Sox, Wine, White, and Blue, just to name a few.