PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Shippuuden Episode 123

Marik
Thu, 08-20-2009, 03:40 PM
[Taka]​ Naruto​ Shippuuden​ 123​ - 720p (http://www.takafansubs.com/torrents/%5BTaka%5D_Naruto_Shippuuden_123_%5B720p%5D%5BC6F7 A408%5D.mp4.torrent) | 480p (http://www.takafansubs.com/torrents/%5BTaka%5D_Naruto_Shippuuden_123_%5B480p%5D%5B2FE9 DE89%5D.mp4.torrent)

Uberbaka
Thu, 08-20-2009, 06:11 PM
If anyone is wondering why that was so awesome, its because it was two and a half manga chapters.

Oddly enough they managed to sneak some filler content in there as well (The fighting clay figures) which was great.

Forgot about the superflat reference, good stuff.

The 480p Flysubs was off on the timing of the subs for me.

ASSpirine
Thu, 08-20-2009, 06:45 PM
Nice to hear they are getting more and more manga chapters in one episode.
Will wait for the Taka release :)

Penner
Thu, 08-20-2009, 06:52 PM
The 720p sub timing was off aswell, really annoying.

I dunno, i didnt really think much of that ep to be honest.. something was just off with it.. maybe it was the "cinematography" or whatever but something wasnt right..

Jeff_from_MD
Fri, 08-21-2009, 12:14 AM
omg and here I thought Deidara would be a washed-out fall-guy. Instead he's fearless, versatile, and keeps on giving. I like him a lot, because he really put a lot of effort into this show.

And I really like the Sasuke. Everyone's an enigma. At least it beat the pants off Sasuke's last battle with Oro.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 08-21-2009, 12:30 AM
Is the off-timing watchable?

Pandadice
Fri, 08-21-2009, 12:58 AM
huh.. so thats what a good naruto ninja fight is like... sweet.

Forgot about the superflat reference, good stuff.

ahah, thats like the best line in the whole series.

Is the off-timing watchable?

hardly.. i'd wait for Taka if i hadn't already watched it.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 08-21-2009, 01:04 AM
hardly.. i'd wait for Taka if i hadn't already watched it.

Thanks. I'll wait then. It's not like I'm unaccustomed to waiting for a good naruto ep anyway.

Mugen
Fri, 08-21-2009, 03:03 AM
not bad, pacing was good, animation couldve been better

arondruiz
Fri, 08-21-2009, 12:50 PM
Can finally watch this in good quality

Taka 720p Torrent (http://www.takafansubs.com/torrents/%5BTaka%5D_Naruto_Shippuuden_123_%5B720p%5D%5BC6F7 A408%5D.mp4.torrent)
Taka 480p Torrent (http://www.takafansubs.com/torrents/%5BTaka%5D_Naruto_Shippuuden_123_%5B480p%5D%5B2FE9 DE89%5D.mp4.torrent)

not bad, pacing was good, animation couldve been better

You're joking right? We only get animation as good as this episode 2 or 3 times per year.

Xyrox
Fri, 08-21-2009, 02:35 PM
Enjoyed it, despite the Flysubs being off sync. I didn't like the clay figures at first (reminded too much of fighting with puppets), but well, wasn't too bad.

I especially like Deidara's combination of air attack and landmines. Too bad he has to rely on a partner for this, would've been cooler if the clay thingys could burrow themselves. Guess they needed an excuse for Tobi to stay away from the battle.

Kraco
Fri, 08-21-2009, 03:02 PM
Tobi is one funny dude. Always ready to say a few words in Deidara's memory after every explosion.

It was a nice fight but somehow I thought Sasuke should have performed better than this. Maybe he's still green after all. All his actions were completely straight-forward, which isn't really something the more experienced ninja do like Itachi demonstrated: ending the fight even before it began. Didn't Sasuke absorb Oro's mind? If you think how Oro would have acted in this fight, it would surely have been something far more indirect yet far more effective with a probability for a one hit kill (though I'm not saying an Akatsuki member would still have gone down that easily).

Well, I suppose they can't make Sasuke too powerful.

Xyrox
Fri, 08-21-2009, 04:34 PM
Every since seeing Kakashi Gaiden, I can't stop of thinking about Obito when I see Tobi, seeing how similar their names are and that he's carrying a mask with one hole (on the right side). They're probably completely unrelated though.

However, I'm pretty sure that his goofiness is played and that we're going to see him fight seriously (when his mask is removed?) sometime in the future.

(By the way, I'm not a manga reader. If you are, please don't accuse me for spoiling - that'll spoil it for me too. :P)

Edit: Deidara's last jutsu sure is something.. looks like it can blow whole Konoha to pieces.

November 11
Fri, 08-21-2009, 07:17 PM
Enjoyed this episode. Definitely abit of thought has been put into the battle such as the landmines and how Sasuke overcomes it.

Sasuke is fighting just nicely - he should not be able to handle an Akatsuki member too easily.

Mugen
Fri, 08-21-2009, 08:03 PM
You're joking right? We only get animation as good as this episode 2 or 3 times per year.

Well It wasnt completely terrible something felt off when I was watching it, you're right though it was better then a lot of episodes we've sat through.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 08-21-2009, 08:09 PM
Was there a funny skit to this episode? Taka didn't have one in theirs, and I was looking forward to it :(

It's really hard to make a skill comparison between these two, since Deidera's bombs seem something like a 2009 guided missile compared to chakra blades, so I can only call it an ability match up.

Funnily enough, despite Deidera's apparent dislike and knowledge of Tobi's yapping, he's not uncomfortable with showing him his secret weapon even before he had to use it on Sasuke.

November 11
Fri, 08-21-2009, 08:27 PM
I must have missed some episodes or ignorant of certain abilities but where did Sasuke get those giant shurikens? Same skill as TenTen's?

ASSpirine
Fri, 08-21-2009, 08:45 PM
I am wondering though, which country is Tobi from. All akatsuki (as far as I know) had their headband on. Head or somewhere else, but Tobi's is missing.

Lol, Ten Ten's skill is the suckiest of em all... No one ever gets hit, and she's supposedly never misses =')

The relationship between Tobi and Deidara is totally different than the others.
Sasori bitching on Deidara, Kakuzu also bitches on Hidan. Itachi and Kisame are decent to each other, but have a feeling Kisame is a little afraid of Itachi from time to time... :s

Buffalobiian
Fri, 08-21-2009, 09:01 PM
I must have missed some episodes or ignorant of certain abilities but where did Sasuke get those giant shurikens? Same skill as TenTen's?

Sasuke's been using giant shurikens since he was a kid. The Shadow Windmill might take a different shape, but int essence it's just another spinning projectile.

He used it against Zabuza in the Village of the Mist arc, and Orochimaru in the Chuunin exam: Forrest of Death arc. In the latter example, it too was guided via wires.

depthcharge
Fri, 08-21-2009, 10:14 PM
Probably a shuriken summoning jutsu. Its not like they hide it, they probably have scrolls up their behind that can summon all kind of benri stuff.

Sasuke should just fly already... or did he already perform his genjutsu on Deidara like Ithachi did. IF that is the case Deidara really is fail.

Deidara has always been a long range fighter. Just god damn weak as a melee fighter. Practically sucks with his tajitsu. It would be likely that even Lee can break his neck and KO him.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 08-21-2009, 10:54 PM
Deidara's last jutsu sure is something.. looks like it can blow whole Konoha to pieces.Well considering he used a bomb on the Hidden Sand village that would have destroyed it if Gara hadn't stopped it, it's not to surprising.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 08-21-2009, 11:15 PM
Deidara has always been a long range fighter. Just god damn weak as a melee fighter. Practically sucks with his tajitsu. It would be likely that even Lee can break his neck and KO him.

Err...wasn't Deidera the man who single-handedly evaded the entire Team Gai without his arms?

antiravage
Fri, 08-21-2009, 11:29 PM
Deidara avoided Sasuke a couple of times already in this fight. While he was fast enough to react to Sasuke’s first move Tobi wasn’t, also, Deidara was distracted by Tobi later and still managed to react when he was being attacked from behind, at least we can say he has good reflexes.

depthcharge
Sat, 08-22-2009, 05:33 AM
I am trying to put across that, in hand to hand combat(tajijutsu) Deidara has yet to show us in all these battles he is capable of inflicting damage with his hand on an opponent's ass directly.

Probably can say the same about everyone who uses a weapon. Melee!! is the most badass IMHO.

(Deidara on the other hand seems to have something hidden, could be a bara bara skill like Buggy?)

(I do think that eventually Lee will be faster the Sasuke. After all the possible upgrades and the world comes to an end.)

Buffalobiian
Sat, 08-22-2009, 10:19 AM
I am trying to put across that, in hand to hand combat(tajijutsu) Deidara has yet to show us in all these battles he is capable of inflicting damage with his hand on an opponent's ass directly.

I agree with you that Deidera hasn't shown he can hurt anyone with a kick or a punch yet. Maybe he can break a nose, maybe he couldn't. Who knows, but we were mainly reacting to this:

From that, we inferred you to mean if he gets into close combat, he'd go down. You focused on attack strength, while I looked at evasion skills, because that's what we've seen.

Lee could break his neck, just like any other person's neck (except maybe Kakuzu's Iron Skin technique), if he could get hold of it..

In training for close combat encounters, it makes much more sense for him to focus on evasion skills rather than hand combat skills, because the latter has no use whatsoever for his main attack: bombing, while evasion can aid him in dodging projectiles as well as fists.

It really makes no sense for a bomber to train for CQC instead of focusing on gaining and maintaining distance. Unlike our protagonist, he can't facepalm the foe with a nuke and hope to survive.

Does he suck at melee? Probably. Can you KO him in melee? If you can hit him.

LaZie
Sun, 08-23-2009, 11:33 AM
This is where those shurikens came from.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b273/LaZieKiD/vlcsnap-26821.png

DarthEnderX
Sun, 08-23-2009, 12:57 PM
Good eye.

November 11
Mon, 08-24-2009, 06:23 AM
This is where those shurikens came from.

Good one, Lazie! :)

The Chancellor
Mon, 08-24-2009, 11:42 AM
The animation for this episode was great. I especially liked when Sasuke was fighting the clay puppets. That was amusing. I like how the animators use no shadows and have just clean toons. His sharingan looks different too.

DarthEnderX
Tue, 08-25-2009, 02:21 AM
I like how the animators use no shadows and have just clean toons.You think it's awesome when the animators half-ass things?

Buffalobiian
Tue, 08-25-2009, 02:38 AM
You think it's awesome when the animators half-ass things?

His entire post is filled with sarcasm.

DarthEnderX
Tue, 08-25-2009, 08:03 AM
His entire post is filled with sarcasm.OH! I get it!

KrayZ33
Tue, 08-25-2009, 11:07 AM
I like how the animators use no shadows and have just clean toons.

seems like I watched the wrong episode? huh?
or just a different version... maybe the "shadows included-version"?

redcat
Tue, 08-25-2009, 02:28 PM
there were shadows, but faces didn't have much of them, usually just from hair. the shape of their face didn't seem to cause any shadows, making them look really flat.

The Chancellor
Tue, 08-25-2009, 03:37 PM
there were shadows, but faces didn't have much of them, usually just from hair. the shape of their face didn't seem to cause any shadows, making them look really flat. I like this animation. They keep hiring these people and they should keep it that way. I don't which animation house does the animation now, but it looks great. It's simple and quick and the lack of detail makes it unique imho. The hidan kakuzu fight is when I most recently remember this style. That's when I started getting back into the anime.

Does anyone know the production house that does this animation?

Edit:
Or maybe once and while they use this animation as a treat for us.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 08-25-2009, 06:42 PM
Okay, so you weren't sarcastic. I gave you too much credit there.

ASSpirine
Tue, 08-25-2009, 06:46 PM
God no, I really thought he was being sarcastic :p
The animation was just awful...

Just like the Naruto vs Sasuke fight at the statues (the end of the chase sasuke arc)
That was horrible...

The Chancellor
Tue, 08-25-2009, 09:58 PM
You think it's awesome when the animators half-ass things? You think it's good when thins are slow chunky and don't go with a true ninjas fighting speed? It's a style. And a damn good one. It's quick, clean and it keeps up with the fighting sound. That speed can't be done well with the old style. And besides this isn't like it's the first time we've seen this. So if it's back people have to like it.

redcat
Tue, 08-25-2009, 10:42 PM
at least he has fluid animation. i guess he has time for it since he doesnt waste time on shadows

DarthEnderX
Wed, 08-26-2009, 01:36 AM
I see what he's saying. He's talking about the animation in fights like Hidan vs. Kakuzu, Naruto vs. Sasuke 2, etc. where the image quality drops to shit, but it makes up for it with incredible animation.

And I agree, those are the best looking fights.

But this fight was NOT one of those fights. It has the same art style as those fights, but NONE of the amazing animation from those fights. It's like they wanted to make you think it was that animator doing this fight, but then it's a fake-out, because there wasn't the fluid motion.

arondruiz
Wed, 08-26-2009, 08:48 AM
Seems like some of your are clumping "art" and "animation" as the same thing. If you don't like the art style that's fine, but anyone saying the actual *animation* was bad needs to have their eyes examined asap.

KrayZ33
Wed, 08-26-2009, 09:22 AM
But this fight was NOT one of those fights. It has the same art style as those fights, but NONE of the amazing animation from those fights. It's like they wanted to make you think it was that animator doing this fight, but then it's a fake-out, because there wasn't the fluid motion.
what?

no it looked the same (or similiar) and it had the same (or even better) quality
and no, I'm not being sarcastic.

edit:

but anyone saying the actual *animation* was bad needs to have their eyes examined asap.

yup

seriously, you guys must be kidding me, the movements etc were probably (I might go too far by saying that) the most realistic so far...
Sasuke looked really cool for the first time, too

some details or lets say "moments" i liked were when he was checking his surroundings a few times
for example when he got pushed back by the 2 clay golems after the first one splitted into 2 halfs and so on
you could really tell that they are planning what to do next, or how to react.

The Chancellor
Wed, 08-26-2009, 03:06 PM
Seems like some of your are clumping "art" and "animation" as the same thing. If you don't like the art style that's fine, but anyone saying the actual *animation* was bad needs to have their eyes examined asap. Well what I meant by this episodes animation being kick ass and the art being lame is that even though the characters looked flat and weren't very detailed, the actual animation itself was really well done. It's quick and simple. Although if you're comparing it to episode 85 which I also think is very similar, then I agree that the art was better in 85 than in this one. However, personally, I like this episodes overall look. Animation and art. Episode 85 had too much detail in everyone's faces and fighting. It doesn't come off as the animators working hard so much as it just not going well. You don't need details in the characters if the animation is top notch. You can't play with the animation and make things fast and bouncy like 123 was. Sasuke's fighting was much faster than when kakashi and hidan were flying around fighting each other.

Kraco
Wed, 08-26-2009, 04:32 PM
You don't need details in the characters if the animation is top notch. You can't play with the animation and make things fast and bouncy like 123 was. Sasuke's fighting was much faster than when kakashi and hidan were flying around fighting each other.

You obviously never watched the Birdy season 2 aired episodes...

When I watched this episode I surely noticed the studio was cutting corners extra deep with shadows and other details, but to be entirely frank this is Naruto so I'm more or less used to vast differences between episodes.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 08-27-2009, 07:14 PM
some details or lets say "moments" i liked were when he was checking his surroundings a few times
for example when he got pushed back by the 2 clay golems after the first one splitted into 2 halfs and so on
you could really tell that they are planning what to do next, or how to react.I'm gonna have to chalk it up to the lack of any taijutsu in this fight then, as for me, one of the cornerstones of that guy's animation style is when the two characters get into hand to hand/melee combat, and they're swirling around each other. Those are always the parts that look the most amazing.

As there was none of that going on in this fight, there wasn't much of an opportunity to show of any really great animation. It's just a bunch of sasuke and Diedara floating around.

poopdeville
Thu, 08-27-2009, 08:43 PM
Seems like some of your are clumping "art" and "animation" as the same thing. If you don't like the art style that's fine, but anyone saying the actual *animation* was bad needs to have their eyes examined asap.

Maybe it's just me, but I can clearly see the still frames, and the stuttering and fake looking motion blur. There was better animation in the original Naruto.

rockmanj
Thu, 08-27-2009, 10:18 PM
there were shadows, but faces didn't have much of them, usually just from hair. the shape of their face didn't seem to cause any shadows, making them look really flat.

Maybe its in homage to Deidara. Remember, his style is Superflat

The Chancellor
Sat, 08-29-2009, 02:27 PM
I'm gonna have to chalk it up to the lack of any taijutsu in this fight then, as for me, one of the cornerstones of that guy's animation style is when the two characters get into hand to hand/melee combat, and they're swirling around each other. Those are always the parts that look the most amazing.

I agree but that doesn't mean that other things aren't as good. I mean most of the time it's hard and edged. Things weren't as flowing. Even if you look back over the past episodes he's been involved in, the smoke looks different from episodes that he didn't work on. I think Naruto is really returning to it's former glory. This episode was hopeful then, went down hill for me after I watched 124.

Personally, he needs to be hired to keep this work up. Going back to old style just makes me want to skip until he works on the next one. It's kind of a slap in the face to not have him work on all of the series.

By the way the episodes he's worked on have been 30, 48, 71, and 133 in the first Naruto series and 85 & 123 in this shippuden.

DarthEnderX
Sat, 08-29-2009, 04:06 PM
I will say that the explosions looked really good.

And given the fight, maybe that's the most important thing...

The Chancellor
Sat, 08-29-2009, 04:19 PM
Yes. Anytime he draws smoke or something blowing up, it's normally worth throwing roses at for an encore. It's just his style. So good.

The Chancellor
Sun, 08-30-2009, 02:17 AM
You obviously never watched the Birdy season 2 aired episodes...

When I watched this episode I surely noticed the studio was cutting corners extra deep with shadows and other details, but to be entirely frank this is Naruto so I'm more or less used to vast differences between episodes. I'm glad you say that you're used to it because I watched some of the episodes that you're talking about and he's just great at anything. I saw no problems. I'll watch a little more, but his style is instantly noticeable. I want to see him even animate Luffy in some Op to see how that would look. I really don't know what problem you guys have with his animation style. It's better than 90% of the other Naruto crap we have to bear through.