Page 41 of 45 FirstFirst ... 31373839404142434445 LastLast

Thread: That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime: Tensei shitara Slime datta Ken

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Guy specifically said that "Milim would have a plan of her own". So at the very least he doesn't think Milim is threatened to any real extent. But yes, fellow demon lords are allowed to join fights.

I wonder how Veldora got here though. Neither Rimuru nor Veldora seemed to have willed it consciously.

Right now I'd bet it was his sister and she'll make up an excuse like "I went to summon my idiot brother but chucked him in your field instead. Whoops (not whoops)."

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

I mean, Veldora specifically said before he left that he'd be there immediately if Rimuru needed him, and that's exactly what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    I mean, Veldora specifically said before he left that he'd be there immediately if Rimuru needed him, and that's exactly what happened.
    I'm talking about mechanism.

Through their soul bond I assume.

Awesome user with default custom title neflight86's Avatar
    I thought the barrier almighty Guy put up was 'preventing outside interference?'

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    Idea:
    -Veldora's body current body is part of Rimuru
    -Veldora's spirit has been transfered to that body

It might be since the body was Rimuru's, it is allowed to enter the barrier.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Quote Originally Posted by neflight86 View Post
    I thought the barrier almighty Guy put up was 'preventing outside interference?'
    In the first place, since you can see through the barrier to follow the fight, it's not impenetrable: light is going through it just fine. I reckon sound (pressure waves) as well. In fact gas probably flows through it so that the atmosphere inside stays fresh. So, it being permeable to that extent in the obvious ways, teleporting or getting summoned is not out of the question either, in my opinion.

Ep 47

------------------------

Alright, so Veldora just wanted manga. That explains this adequately enough. And all his super moves managed to keep this entertaining.

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    So Milim really had fun destroying a nation and nearly killing Carion.
    Then she had a good fight with Rimuru and her cousin Veldora.

Survival of the fittest, but you've been too far... errr, I beg to differ: Survival of the fittest, but you were weak.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Veldora being a shoto killed me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    It's kind of annoying that Rimuru owes his life (and the lives of many friends) to Great Sage/Raphael, but he's still constantly ignoring her, despite having previously already paid a price for doing so. It weird how he has such a cheat power at his disposal, but doesn't really respect her, at the end of the day. I guess that's what happens when you were born (or reborn) with vast powers and thus take them for granted. Sure, he has has displayed token gratitude occasionally, but it feels pretty superficial when he otherwise only deigns to listen to her when it suits his mood.
    This DEFINITELY came back to bite him in the ass this week. Both Raphael AND Veldora tried to explain it and he didn't take the time to listen.

Quote Originally Posted by David75 View Post
    So Milim really had fun destroying a nation and nearly killing Carion.
    Then she had a good fight with Rimuru and her cousin Veldora.

Survival of the fittest, but you've been too far... errr, I beg to differ: Survival of the fittest, but you were weak.
    Milim is a chaotic character, no doubt about it. Chaotic good, I guess, and kind of lacking wits, so she doesn't care about the trouble she causes others, even if she didn't really have bad intentions. Her own country is... really not a country but a place where dragon worshippers are hanging around without being really her subjects. It's totally one-sided. She doesn't care about developing the country or anything. That's her basic personality, so if she got a chance to go all out fighting Carion and others, it doesn't even visit her mind it's a huge bother to actually developed nations that really don't wish to lose all of their infrastructure. It's not like Veldora would be that different, either, but Rimuru is pretty good at handling him.

This DEFINITELY came back to bite him in the ass this week. Both Raphael AND Veldora tried to explain it and he didn't take the time to listen.
    It's really annoying writing because it doesn't fit his character. He's 100% all about developing Jura Tempest to be the best possible safe and jolly nation to all the citizens, as well as friendly visitors. Rimuru would spare no effort to help his friends, and he's constantly meeting those friends and acquaintances just to converse with them and have good time with them, or assist them in their personal or professional stuff. How on Earth doesn't a person like that then suddenly listen to anyone when they are clearly trying to tell him something important? I'm somewhat willing to accept ignoring Ramiris because that fairy queen is as stupid as a rubber boot, but Raphael, huh? Raphael is like ten times more competent than Rimuru himself, so it's bizarre he would ever ignore her. Like I said before, it's just artificial, bullshit writing the author must be secretly ashamed of.

Unfortunately, there were no actual consequences for him ignoring wise (and Veldora's) council, so he has no incentive to correct this behavior, or it was a joke. It's getting harder to tell.

So, I'm supposed to believe that Millim, a millennium long living being who is guided almost completely by whim, who held off destroying a country (Tempest) over snacks, to have the discipline to act like she was being controlled by Clayman when presented a controlling stone with supposedly no preparation or coordination with her harpy demon lord friend? An act that involved fighting her friend (Rimuru) and destroying a country (which Rimuru has chastised her for destructive behavior before)? An act that fooled all but the few other demon lords, apparently. An act that was dispelled at exactly the most dramatic moment possible and with no fanfare? All for... the lols? Did she ever explain what her master plan was? Did the author forget to write a dispel in and decided a fake out was the next best thing?

The storytelling in Slime, I feel, used to be more thoughtful and insightful before all of the bombast and power fantasy elements completely took over. Characters were motivated and moved by desires and circumstance. What happened to 'lets build a fantasy city to reclaim the amenities I had in Japan'? Now it's just 'don't come after my friends or you'll regret it!' for the last 20 episodes or so. I really hope that after this arc, if we get more slime, that it goes back to the more civic and diplomatic elements; the whole Clayman saga was a huge mis-step in my opinion, and relied too much on narrative convenience.

The way the demon fox was just standing there and got converted to the good side was also more than a bit slapdash.

Does Clayman get his own Raphael, or is that the generic system voice telling us how he transformed into his desperation form?

I'm sure Millim got a heads up from Frey. I'd struggle to believe she just improvised otherwise, or planned beforehand without Frey's help.

Does Clayman get his own Raphael, or is that the generic system voice telling us how he transformed into his desperation form?
    Rimuru's Raphael transformed Clayman. That was their plan. Upgrade him, then have Rimuru kill him.

So, I'm supposed to believe that Millim, a millennium long living being who is guided almost completely by whim, who held off destroying a country (Tempest) over snacks, to have the discipline to act like she was being controlled by Clayman when presented a controlling stone with supposedly no preparation or coordination with her harpy demon lord friend? An act that involved fighting her friend (Rimuru) and destroying a country (which Rimuru has chastised her for destructive behavior before)? An act that fooled all but the few other demon lords, apparently. An act that was dispelled at exactly the most dramatic moment possible and with no fanfare? All for... the lols? Did she ever explain what her master plan was? Did the author forget to write a dispel in and decided a fake out was the next best thing?
    It doesn't take Oscar worthy acting skills to act like you are nothing but a doll, especially when you are in Milim's position of knowing Clayman is basically an insect compared to her. So, she was never personally in any danger. She also hasn't historically cared much about order or civility, thus her nickname is Destroyer (or something like that). So, wrecking Carion's capital, especially without causing casualties (she gave them a week to evacuate) is no emotional problem for her. Rimuru has told her to use a door like a normal person time after time, but she's always kicking them in. That's just how she is. Perhaps that's how all dragons are in that world since Veldora isn't much different. If she's thousands of years old, it might explain how she got enough patience to pull off the acting stunt.

The story did hint enough times that Milim being controlled by Clayman for real is extremely unlikely. So, the author forgetting something can't be correct.

What happened to 'lets build a fantasy city to reclaim the amenities I had in Japan'? Now it's just 'don't come after my friends or you'll regret it!' for the last 20 episodes or so.
    Well, prior to that, nobody had come at his friends.

Now they are, so now he's doing this now.

This is how the story goes, but I just didn't picture Millim as being able to act and not break character for the presumably weeks that she has been under Clayman's control. But apparently that is how it went, so okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    Rimuru's Raphael transformed Clayman. That was their plan. Upgrade him, then have Rimuru kill him.
    Thanks for the clarification. So Raphael can just invoke things like that on other people/characters? Is Rimuru's plan just to kill him to 'make a place' among the demon lords?

Well, prior to that, nobody had come at his friends.

Now they are, so now he's doing this now.
    Guess that's the pitfall of making so many friends!

Thanks for the clarification. So Raphael can just invoke things like that on other people/characters? Is Rimuru's plan just to kill him to 'make a place' among the demon lords?
    I don't think it was Raphael, but I might be wrong. I thought it's kind of like the system voice of that world, which Raphael also happens to use or maybe even is a part of in some manner.

Like Rimuru said in the episode, Clayman activating demon lord awakening releases the souls he had gathered for the awakening so far. Although you'd think killing Clayman would release them as well, but who knows. That's probably Rimuru's primary objective. He said earlier he doesn't really care about the whole demon lord title, but human nations are already viewing him as such, plus he has already experienced his own awakening anyway. Killing Clayman is a personal issue for him, not something he would try to do to join the demon lord group. Rather, it was Clayman who claimed that Carion and Rimuru were plotting to get rid of Clayman to make room for Rimuru in the demon lord group. However, now that Rimuru is there anyway, I guess he wouldn't mind joining the group indeed by creating an empty spot.

What spot though? Didn't they already introduce Rimuru as one of the 10? And why would there be a limit on the number of spots anyway? If it's a council for demon lords, wouldn't you just have as many spots as there are demon lords?

Rimuru was introduced as a participant of that session of Walburgis, but does it mean he's also an accepted member of the demon lord collegium, headed by Guy Crimson? Like Walpurgis needed three members to call for it before it can happen. So, there are definitely established members. As such, it could naturally feel like you might need to replace someone else if you want to enter, unless the number keeps growing all the time (not counting someone dying). I guess it might go either way, but it's most certainly a possibility. For example government cabinets usually have a solid number of ministers. Or the board of a public company.

What exactly is the number of demon lords? It would have been easy if it was all the awakened demon lords in the world (that are willing to participate), but Clayman is awakening only now! We don't actually know if all the rest have awakened. So, Clayman and potentially others, were members despite not being awakened demon lords. So, the members are kind of whoever. I have a feeling Guy founded to who thing just for his own amusement, which would explain why anyone he accepts could be a member, awakened or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    For example government cabinets usually have a solid number of ministers. Or the board of a public company.
    Right, but normal people can't just make themselves cabinet/board members by killing a bunch of people and performing a ritual.

It's an organization for Demon Lords. And Rimuru is a Demon Lord. Claymen's whole argument for why they should kill Rimuru is because he's a "fake" Demon Lord.