Quote Originally Posted by shinta|hikari View Post
Would you recommend this to watch? And if so, on what merits, so I know if it fits what I want?
The main draw of this story for me is that there is a cute, likable character who is eccentric in her goals and outlook on life (wanting books).

She struggles through poverty and ill health in order to achieve this, and watching some of her inventions reminds me of Dr Stone.
Unlike Dr Stone however, she really needs the help of others in accomplishing what she needs, and at first often doesn't succeed.

You watch her forming friends, meeting mentors and developing as a person while navigating her way up medieval society - not because she wants to, just because she wants to read - and that can lead her to stupid and funny places.

I agree with MFauli's Kemono no Souja comparison in that this is a rather slow series with the main character originating from humble origins yet ending up much further from there.

(I'm struggling to convey why I like this while avoiding major plot points/spoilers)

This show does not have any action.

It involves economics later on because book making is not cheap. It leads to some enjoyable bickering. I get some Spice and Wolf feels.