Well i think the long awaited kiss between Kira and Lacus was supposed to be in this episode because of the perfect atmosphere, situation and moment. Like cmon, after going all the way to space when the girl is going to get blown up by zaku's and goufs, you should at least get a nice kiss as a 'thank you'. Kira also had the perfect moment to kiss her. When they were glazing at each other after his little speech "Looking at you makes me so happy" was a perfect time to kiss each other or something, but noooooooooooo, kira had to ruin it by asking "where is it". Ahhh welll.... maybe we have to wait till the final battle or something just like GS.

Thats my rant for today, I only focused on kira x Lacus, but this thread is for others such as shinn, athrun, rey, etc etc...
(dunno if there was a thread like this, but i did a thorough search and didnt find anything under 'relationship, athrun, kira, lacus etc etc....)

as stated by Terracosmo:

First person who starts writing down fictional relationships based on absolutely nothing will get kicked and severely mutilated. For example "rofllolololo Yzak x Dearka cuz they are best friends and GOD FORBID SPEND TIME TOGETHER A LOT" and "lolorlfoflasokfokffasok Auel & Stellar because they are both fucked up lmao".