Thread: One Piece 751-Current

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

---

Okay so, looks like these upcoming episodes are going to be interspersed with a bunch of recaps of early in the series.

Speaking of which...did I know Luffy's scar was from stabbing himself in the eye for funsies? Cause I didn't remember that.

I don't think I like Luffy being declared the 5th Emperor. I was expecting that the old Emperor's would just get replaced one-by-one by members of the Worst Generation like Blackbeard did with Whitebeard.

And what the hell did Luffy even do really? He destroyed a cake and ran away. He get's to be an Emperor for that? It feels like that reporter fake newsing him into a bigger story than he is for the sake of selling papers or something.

I mean, it's cool and all, but it feels unearned. I was expecting Luffy to take Shank's place.

Awesome user with default custom title neflight86's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post

Speaking of which...did I know Luffy's scar was from stabbing himself in the eye for funsies? Cause I didn't remember that.
    From what I remember, the manga starts with him insisting to his grandpa (Garp) that he wants to be a pirate, and after getting laughed at, cutting the scar into his eye to show how serious (and stupid) he is. That was apparently too edgy/imitatable for Nihon TV in 1999, so it was skipped over in the anime... until now, even if it was remixed into the shanks bar scene.

Can we get a count? I'm guessing this is the 6th time Luffy's / Shanks origin has been shown, and the third time its been re-animated.

Quote Originally Posted by neflight86 View Post
    From what I remember, the manga starts with him insisting to his grandpa (Garp) that he wants to be a pirate, and after getting laughed at, cutting the scar into his eye to show how serious (and stupid) he is. That was apparently too edgy/imitatable for Nihon TV in 1999, so it was skipped over in the anime... until now, even if it was remixed into the shanks bar scene.
    Cool. I'd always wondered.