Hey Guys haven't posted in awhile and a new problem has come up so I'm posting on here to see if I can get any help

The Other day I purchased the New 12gb PS3 slim console, and I must say the quality of gaming in my opinion is much better than my Xbox 360 and with the better features of free online gaming, free internet browsing and youtube I've now converted to a PlayStation fan from xbox.

Back on topic: I've been browsing through the endless features of PlayStation and have found a setting called Media Server and with my little technical knowledge I have been having some trouble trying to set it up so I can stream Movies,pictures,music etc off my laptop to my PS3.

To help with whoever is replying to my post the following information may come in handy:

-My laptop is running windows 7.

-I have windows media player 12.

-My PS3 and Laptop are running through the same wireless connection.

-My Wireless router Supports Wireless 'g/b' networking not 'n' (I don't think this is an issue that my router doesn't support 'n' networking as I read in a PS3 forum the media server supports 'g/b' router types
-Media Server Connection is enabled on PS3.

-All streaming options are set to 'allowed' in my networking and sharing center on my laptop, there's no firewall blocking any sharing options.

I am Referring to this manual
HTML Code:
https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/430/~/media-server-%2F-dlna-for-ps3
the windows media player 12 section have followed the steps through fine until the section where it comes up with the showing devices my PS3 doesn't show up or any unknown devices.

If anyone is willing to help me I would really appreciate it! thanks in advanced!