Thread: Banners for new forum style

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Benevolent Dictator
    Blog Entries

Banners for new forum style

I'm gonna do it. I really am. I'm going to redo the forums as vbulletin 4, and that right soon.

But a big problem I have is that I need images to put in the banner rotation. And that's where you come in!

See, I've got no art skills. Me and photoshop are like bleach and ammonia: you mix us up, you get toxic vapors and nothing you want.

So I'm looking to you, the community, anime-themed (gotwoot-specific or just anime generally, either way) banners for the rotator. They should be sized 980x150 px. Maybe?

Anyway, I've got a dev instance set up that I'm working on the styles for. If you want to see what you'd be fitting it into, I'll pm you a link.

For now, I'll pretty much be accepting anything that looks reasonably good. I'm looking at a couple weeks timeframe before I do the actual upgrade, though I'll continue to add banners and such after the fact.

---------- update ----------
    A little more on requirements:
    • 980x150 is the target resolution. I might use taller or shorter, but I definitely won't use narrower.
    • please prefix your username in front of the filename, eg: complich8_myawesomebannerthatdoesntexist.jpg
    • If you're going to mention an IRC channel, either list no network or list both rizon and gotwoot
    • scanlines are optional. borders should try to line up with the theme at http://devforum.gotwoot.net/forums.php
    • consider filesize... if the banner's too big it may take visible load time, which isn't great looking
    • consider interlacing your file for a faster apparent image load

Last edited by complich8; Mon, 01-03-2011 at 09:50 AM.