Thread: TV/Movie: Dead Like Me

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

TV/Movie: Dead Like Me

Well, this is a series that aired in Showtime 2-3 years ago, quite a cool one. Don't know if anyone here has seen it, and if you haven't you should take the time to check it out. Some great characters in it, and quite funny at times while a bit messed up at other times. So in general, if you like dark comedies and drama you might want to give this a look.

18-year-old George Lass (Ellen Muth) dies when a toilet from the MIR space station falls from the sky and hits her. However, soon she discovers that afterlife really does exist... she becomes a reaper - she helps in catching the souls of people moments before they're destined to die. Then she meets a group of reapers who collect people's souls. The main reaper is Rube (Mandy Patinkin), who is always playing smart, Roxy (Jasmine Guy), a reaper with an additude, Mason (Callum Blue), a confused and funny reaper and Daisy (Laura Harris), a beautiful reaper full of mysteries. The other characters include George's family - mother Joy (Cynthia Stevenson), father Clancy (Greg Kean) and sister Reggie (Britt McKillip), who each have their own way to deal with George's death.

Anyways, the show was cancelled after the second season for lame reasons, it was getting quite good ratings. The main reason for this thread is that it has been brought to my attention that a sequel movie has been made and it will be released directly to DVD sometime this year. It also seems that the show might get picked up again to air as a series after the movie, probably depending on how well it sells.

So some good news here for those that have seen the series, and if you haven't go try it out.

Here's the trailer for the movie:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vu35AKC-eGI
    Last edited by Munsu; Wed, 01-16-2008 at 04:42 PM.