Thread: Customized computer?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    I bought the Logitech Z533 over the new years sales for ~67AUD. Overall I'm disappointed. They're clear with decent bass extension, but their SNR is complete shit. Just by having the speakers on without sound, there's an audible hiss coming from the satellites. It's less noticable when you're listenning above moderate levels. Luckily for me I use speakers rarely, and at least they're still an upgrade from my Logitech R20s that have a broken volume knob and power button. The transient response of these speakers also aren't great. In fast/complex passages you can hear them failing to articulate.*

Ideally I'd get bookshelf speakers at around the 500 dollar mark but there are size restraints to consider right now.

* = these complaints are coming from someone who uses the AKG K701 as a primary listening headphone. These are pretty godly and are top as far as transient responses go. You'll only beat them with HD800 or Stax headphones. In retrospect it should be no surprise that I'm slightly disappointed. For the price however, they're decent. I'd still be hesitant to purchase them at this price given the soft hiss though.

I also bought a totally unnecessary GTX1080 to replace my GTX970. No complaints there. Now I can push 120fps on high detail in rainbow six instead of low.
    Last edited by Buffalobiian; Thu, 01-05-2017 at 03:30 AM. Reason: correcting model numbers

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~