Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Gundam SEED Destiny - Licensed

Gundam SEED Destiny - Licensed

MAHQ conducted an interview with Jerry Chu of Bandei Entertainment Inc.

http://www.mahq.net/rants/interviews/jchu.htm

Chris: The year 2004 saw a number of Gundam releases, including Zeta Gundam, Gundam SEED, Gundam F91 and SD Gundam Force. Can you give us any indication on what to expect on the Gundam front in 2005?

Jerry: Right now the focus is still on the Gundam SEED series on Cartoon Network and the final volume of the DVD release will be out soon. We also have on tap the release of the Gundam SEED movies [Ed- Special Edition compilation specials] which will be released on DVD in the summertime, similar to the original series movies. There will be additional never-before-seen animation with both scenes and mecha, totaling more than 20 min. I believe we have also finally received the SEED epilogue from Sunrise and will be releasing that with the movies. And yes, production will begin soon on Gundam SEED DESTINY. That means its licensed.

Chris: DESTINY being licensed is big news. Do you plan to officially announce it at any upcoming conventions?

Jerry: Im announcing it now. It has been said before and it will be said again, BEI is committed to the release of this extraordinary and long running franchise and we plan on releasing all the Gundams. Broadcast has not been set yet, but were shooting for possible first volume DVD release of DESTINY&soon.

Not like we all didn't know Bandai was gonna get it, but I thought it was licensed before it aired. If for some reason Aone decides to stop I hope Hero^2 come out of retirement.

(Aeon's Top 5 Anime ATM)One Piece,Shakugan no Shana Second,Gundam 00,Naruto,Bleach

RE: Gundam SEED Destiny - Licensed

If you havn't read the credits, closely you knowtice that a fair # of the team doing this version are fromer Haro^2 memembers anyway.

Well, I expected that the licensing would come eventually...
    If AonE drops it, hopefully Haro^2 will pick it up as you said.

In a way, I'm kinda happy that GSD got licensed, now AKeep can focus on finishing the other series it has rather than try and sub a series that is being done by a more popular subgroup. Hopefully, this will mean more Bleach.

since previous haro^2 members are subbing destiny they'll keep going correct? it's the same people who did seed when it was licensed so i dont see why not

I hope Haro^2 picks it up. But still, it's a bummer.

But yeah, if it means that we're gonna be getting more Bleach goodness, then hell yeah!

i would rather watch gundam seed destiny, besides bleach the manga is better the anime imo

i think AonE will continue subbing until they receive a letter telling them otherwise... I think Seed-fansubs will continue no matter what...

dude, did u just create a name just to come in here for this thread?

Sure BEI licensed GSD, but not like it wasn't obvious. Just pray that AonE will be there for us at times like this, just like they always have been.

of course i havent joined just for this thread. if ther were the case it would have been more worthwhile to just watch and see what people post. i dont go to animesuki anymore and i needed a new place to discuss gundam seed destiny so i chose this one

This is the best and only place to discuss anything.
    www.rolleyes.net/

Financial aspect of my life is revealed.

Well this is a surprise. I wake up and check out new torrents and TokyoTosho and for some reason, there were new torrents for the first two episodes for Destiny by SEED-Fansubs with these suspicious headers: "Die Bandai you sob! You too Jerry Chu! Hahaha" and "Bandai is ghey. Fansubs rule!". What the hell is this, I think to myself, while I see the newest ep released by SEED. I go to Animesuki, it's not there... Hmm.. Then I go to Animesuki's "seires'" page and it's not there either!? Finally I jump to Animesuki's forum and find out that DESTINY is licensed. I mean sure, it would've happened eventually, but I find it funny that both series that I follow religiously (Naruto, Destiny) are both licensed within two weeks of each other.

The funny thing is, it means nothing at all! Unless Bandai starts cracking down on fansubbers.

p.s. I joined this forum when Naruto got licensed, don't expect the same sort of flood of new users here though this time!

Well at least Bandai learned from the GS Fiasco and announced the licensing earlier. Im from R3 and DVDs here are hard to come buy (unless you count HK DVDs) so i hope Aone will continue subbing this

tyranimo

Well, I really do hope that AonE still continues ^^

Thank you so much AonE for all your hard work! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

well i just heard anime-kingdom has decided to stop subbing

holyidiot

man.. if they stop subbing,i don't know where i can get them...

i'm sure seed-fansubs wont stop but i could be wrong, i havent stopped by their irc channel so i have no clue what they're doing

i dont think the subbers will stop, there's always some rogue group doing it if all the other groups stops. in the worst case we just have to wait for the dvd releases which will find its way to the net anyway.

whats AniRupt's website btw?

#anirupt
    irc.rizon.net