Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: 249 out

RE: 249 out

Originally posted by: Deblas
    why are we discussing something that hasn't happened yet. we don't know if naruto stands a chance or not against the akatsuki. Before we jump to conclusions why don't we just wait until it actually happens?
    I stated it earlier; it's because teh Uchicha clans want to hype Itachi up. It's like the old Mike Tyson fights. Everyone speculates on how long the contender will last in the ring.

Originally posted by: Mut@t@
    Aren't you the guy who tried to prove that Naruto is the most powerful character alive right now? You know, from waaay back...
    I don't know much about the youmas (i.e. which youma is the strongest) , but Naruto is the most powerful, whether he knows how to use that power, that's a different story. He has the most potential, but his power just sits there, wasted in his existence. I know better than to try to prove anything to a FAN. The term exist because there are FANS (fanatics) out there who have very bad tunnel vision.

249 out

Dude, Naruto has the most potential. I agree on that part, but right now he is not the strongest. Ok?

Most potential != currently most powerful
    www.rolleyes.net/

Financial aspect of my life is revealed.

249 out

Dude, Naruto has the most potential. I agree on that part, but right now he is not the strongest. Ok?

I guess it's just how you see it.

Here's a physics analogy. Potential energy vs Kinetic energy

If you see Itachi as being powerful because he's got bad ass jutsus (heaven forbid we haven't seen any of them yet), chakra, speed. You probably see him as kinetic because his power is in motion i.e. he's presently using it.

VS.

Naruto has a wealth of potential energy, chakra, speed, powerful jutsus. He's just not using it (damn the author, LOL). He's waiting to be pushed over the hill so that his potential energy will become kinetic (due to author). His present potential energy is greater than that of Itachi, Jaraiya, Oro . . . etc, even if he's not using it yet.

sometimes (depending on circumstances) potential energy > kinetic energy.

249 out

So... Naruto isn't the strongest. Alright, that's all you had to say. Also, it's not that Naruto isn't using it, he can't use it.

Naruto's potential power is irrelevant in a fight against someone like Itachi (this is only from the last arc, not this current one cuz we don't know how strong Naruto got 3 years later).

1. Naruto won't even have a chance to release his kyubi chakra.
    2. Even if Naruto does release all the kyubi chakra, it is still nothing compared to what Itachi can do (not just chakra wise).

Now, as for if Itachi fought Naruto right now... Itachi will hands down kick the shit out of Naruto. It's too early for Naruto to be owning Akatsuki members, especially someone with Sharingan; as Y would call it "the ultimate cheat code." Itachi is simply just a faster, smarter, stronger, and a more talented and skilled ninja.
    www.rolleyes.net/

Financial aspect of my life is revealed.

249 out

Originally posted by: hiten mitsurugi

I guess it's just how you see it.

Here's a physics analogy. Potential energy vs Kinetic energy

If you see Itachi as being powerful because he's got bad ass jutsus (heaven forbid we haven't seen any of them yet), chakra, speed. You probably see him as kinetic because his power is in motion i.e. he's presently using it.

VS.

Naruto has a wealth of potential energy, chakra, speed, powerful jutsus. He's just not using it (damn the author, LOL). He's waiting to be pushed over the hill so that his potential energy will become kinetic (due to author). His present potential energy is greater than that of Itachi, Jaraiya, Oro . . . etc, even if he's not using it yet.

sometimes (depending on circumstances) potential energy > kinetic energy.
    If we haven't seen him use them yet, then wouldn't he also be considered "potential"?

249 out

The difference between Naruto and Gaara shouldn't be to great, I think it would be rather small, and with Gaara losing the fight and being captured tells me that the Akatsuki are going to be around for a while. He did put up a fight, and yes he had to protect the village, but the Akatsuki member wasn't trying to kill him, which is always an easier thing to do. Gaara would have lost in the long-run anyway, and that was one Akatsuki member, the other was watching the fight from the ground.

If Naruto is able to defeat any Akatsuki member it would be the weaker ones in the group, I don't think he will be able to defeat Itachi yet, but the battles will be good and i think time consuming and chakra consuming, I have nothing to prove this on as they haven't shown Naruto fight properly yet.

Well I'm also thinking that Kankurou may deliver the news, I wonder what Konoha's reaction is going to be, I'm talking about Tsunade, meaning what's going to be her step in this development, send some ANBU out, send another team, send Naruto. etc. I'm also curious of Naruto's reaction.

249 out

Originally posted by: Captain Grammar

If we haven't seen him use them yet, then wouldn't he also be considered "potential"?
    I said that out of sarcasm. LOL

But to answer your question, not really. We understand how the sharingan works through Sasuke and Kakashi. We've seen the mange, fire, etc. I'd say that he's a couple of levels below the senins. He also has to report to upper echelons. Contrastingly, we've only only seen Naruto's "flippin" kage bunshin, but we know that he's capable of more; especially because of Kyuubi (healing powers, chakra, stamina, . . . whatever abilities kishimoto's mind can conceive of).

To put it shortly, there are too many people out there who have given Itachi too much potential. (hyperbole)

lol kai it would suck for naruto and gaara if the birdguy is one of the weaker ones.

yeah it would at the moment, but it should be more interesting for us, as he will need to get stronger and use some kyubi abit maybe.

It would be awsome if he was the weekest in Akatsuki then there must be monsters in the group not that the birdguy was all that but he was damn good..

I wonder who they will send after naruto maybe Itachi,Kisame again. That would be smart since Itachi knows more than any of them how things are in his home town.

Awesome user with default custom title Uchiha Barles's Avatar

Originally posted by: hiten mitsurugi
    Originally posted by: Uchiha Barles
    Hiten:

Naruto will never beat itachi. He won't be strong enough to pull that off till near the end of the series, or if he does become strong enough at some point, he won't get the opportunity to kill him, cuz Sasuke's gonna do it. But that's ok, we'll then get to see the Naruto/Sasuke rematch that matters.

And Naruto most certainly did grow mentally. In his previous fights, he never thought about the weakness inherent to an enemy's abilities. This time, he did. Plus, there was that kage bunshin trade off "game" he played with Kakashi at the beginning of the fight, which ended in a stalemate. Seeing as Naruto wasn't made to look like an idiot during the fight, he came up with a strategy to take advantage of a disadvantage in his opponents ability (which he never did before), and did all this using only his trusty kage bunshin, I'd say he grew mentally. Quite a bit.
    Dunno what you're tallking about, but Naruto sure didn't get a beat down during his last encounter with Itachi. If it didn't happen before when Naruto was really an idiot. It sure isn't gonna happen now, when you said yourself that Naruto has improved.

"Naruto will never beat itachi." That's quite a hyperbole, but judging by your user name, I guess it fits. It's really up to Kishimoto now. I hope he lays all this garbage to rest because when Naruto becomes Hokage; I don't want to hear any, "but Naruto never beat Itachi." That's why Naruto can not become Hokage until he beats his enemies. After Naruto beats Itachi, Sasuke will say,"hey, that Naruto beat the hell out of my brother. If he can do it, then I can too." Naruto once again helps Sasuke out with his life long goal. If it does't work out that way, then right when Oro is about to take Sasuke's body, Sasuke makes a last wish. " I don't care if you take my body, I just want you to kill my brother with it." You know, kinda like how he inhabited his latest body.

Well, just to clear up any misconceptions you might have about my opinions arising from my user name, I'll this. My favorite character is in fact naruto. Hands down. The sharingan is my favorite bloodline limit, thus the Uchiha in my user name. Now, Naruto sure didn't get a beatdown last time he encountered Itachi. I can't argue that, but allow me to point out a few things about that "encounter". For one, it got interrrupted...twice. Sasuke came in, and then jiraiya came in. When Sasuke came in, Itachi beat him down pretty badly in what is, in my humble opion, the most hillarious beatdown ever. He did it easily too. Then, when Jiraiya had had enough with the comedy, he decided to take on Itachi and kisame, but they escaped his wrath. When did Naruto actually fight Itachi in that encounter? I guess you can say that it happened when he summoned the kyubi chakra, but it took less than a second for kisame to own him with his chakra eating sword. Naruto did nothing else, and more importantly, nothing was even attempted against Naruto starting from the point that his chakra was eaten. Naruto got out of that because Sasuke delayed Itachi and Kisame long enough for Jiraiya to get there. If it wasn't for Jiraiya, that would've been it for Naruto.

About Naruto not beating Itachi now, well, I'm just going with the flow of the story. There's no way that Naruto gained enough power in three years to all of a sudden be able to beat itachi. This is just a guess mind you, but think about it. Even if he did gain a lot of power, Itachi likely did too. Itachi was only 17 at the time of the first encounter, so he has plenty of time to grow in strenght still. Furthurmore, although this has been said a zillion times, for the sake of the story, Naruto cannot be the one to beat Itachi. It has to be Sasuke. First off, I doubt Sasuke is going to get his body taken over by orochimaru. My prediction is that either Itachi or one of the Sannin will kill Oro. Sasuke losing his body to orochimaru would take too much away from our (as in the audience) belief in what Sasuke's will is, and that theme has been too big in the story to just do away with in that fashion. Second of all, what would happen if Itachi was killed by someone other than Sasuke? It's like...uh....okaaaaaaaay....lalalala. Anti-climactic. That won't happen. It's taking away Sasuke's moment. Naruto's moment will come in his final fight with Sasuke.

About Naruto becoming Hokage...I hope he doesn't, but I still want him to be undisputably the strongest character in the series at the end.
    "You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it, your time has come. This time you will stand alone and fight for yourselves. Now you will pay for your freedom in the currency of honest toil and human blood."

- Inquisitor Czevak