Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: 249 out

RE: 249 out

Originally posted by: CmDr_RavEn
    Originally posted by: RasenDori
    the winner of the fight is determined buy who acheived their goals. birdeyes goal: capture gaara. gaaras goal: defend himself and/or kill bird eye. breaking bird eyes arm wasnt the goal and doesnt mean jack shit unless hes dead.
    I'd say Gaara's goal wasn't to necessarily look after himself or kill the enemy, it was just to protect his village and he did that. So IMHO he acheived his goal.
    however the akatsuki goal was never to attack the village. if gaara was trying to defend the village then he had the wrong goal from the get go. by your logic if bird eye never used nuber 18 and still man handled gaara he would have won. which is totally not the case.

I think its pretty obvious gaara is alive. Mut was just trying to draw out the tards and see who would respond.. anywhoo The shukaku might be released.. which could be the Aka.. yeah plan.. so they can seal it or caputre it then possibly discard the now useless Gaara if they seperate the two entities. and this might continueas they go around collecting more and more of the tails or evil monster huge enemies.. blah blah blah.. I just hope it isnt this predictable.. really.. that would suck ..

249 out

the winner of the fight is determined buy who acheived their goals. birdeyes goal: capture gaara. gaaras goal: defend himself and/or kill bird eye. breaking bird eyes arm wasnt the goal and doesnt mean jack shit unless hes dead.
    I'd say Gaara's goal wasn't to necessarily look after himself or kill the enemy, it was just to protect his village and he did that. So IMHO he acheived his goal.
    however the akatsuki goal was never to attack the village. if gaara was trying to defend the village then he had the wrong goal from the get go. by your logic if bird eye never used nuber 18 and still man handled gaara he would have won. which is totally not the case.
    The Akatsuki were planning on just walking in there? Gaara had the right straight of mind from the get go, someone had killed some of his people he see's the person, and fights this person to protect his village. An enemy will use any means necessary to defeat their opponent, including attacking the village. Gaara also has to be conscious about his attacks, he could kill or endanger (Shukaku for one) the lives of his people.

edit to below: I don't think anyone would. You would go down fighting, or use the tactical retreat.

seriously....
    the goal of a kage is to protect his village, but he's not just gonna offer his life over to anyone who comes to take it
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

I think its pretty obvious gaara is alive. Mut was just trying to draw out the tards and see who would respond..
    Good job posting on a dead issue two days and two pages too late.

Damn good chapter, it's great to see how Gaara has evolved.

249 out

Originally posted by: kAi
    The Akatsuki were planning on just walking in there? Gaara had the right straight of mind from the get go, someone had killed some of his people he see's the person, and fights this person to protect his village. An enemy will use any means necessary to defeat their opponent, including attacking the village. Gaara also has to be conscious about his attacks, he could kill or endanger (Shukaku for one) the lives of his people.

edit to below: I don't think anyone would. You would go down fighting, or use the tactical retreat.
    if you think that gaaras goal was to protect the village from harm then you could say that won this fight from the very begining. because the akatsuki wasnt there to thrash the place around, it just kind of ended up happening as a means to an end. in anycase, if gaaras conditions for winning was protecting the village then he lost as soon as he went unconscious. a vilage were the kage was defeated AND captured will definately be seen as weak. the nation itself will fall into turmoil with out the guidance of the kage, so hes not really protecting the village anymore, is he? moreover, bird eye and sasori could have easily destroyed the place after knocking gaara out. face it, gaara lost.

as for the shukaku taking over when gaara goes unconscious... if you really believe that, do you think that bird eye would have made it out of the village before that happened? its not gonna happen. even the preview title hints to this fight being over.

249 out

if you think that gaaras goal was to protect the village from harm then you could say that won this fight from the very begining. because the akatsuki wasnt there to thrash the place around, it just kind of ended up happening as a means to an end. in anycase, if gaaras conditions for winning was protecting the village then he lost as soon as he went unconscious. a vilage were the kage was defeated AND captured will definately be seen as weak. the nation itself will fall into turmoil with out the guidance of the kage, so hes not really protecting the village anymore, is he? moreover, bird eye and sasori could have easily destroyed the place after knocking gaara out. face it, gaara lost.

as for the shukaku taking over when gaara goes unconscious... if you really believe that, do you think that bird eye would have made it out of the village before that happened? its not gonna happen. even the preview title hints to this fight being over.
    Gaara is fighting for his people to protect them, and to gain acceptance and to keep that acceptance from them, this is why he fights, this is why he will always fight, this is what it means to become Kage (and even more so to Gaara and Naruto, as you know, about the hate and fear). Of course he can't protect the village while he's unconscious, but he protected the best he could, but it's also lucky that they didn't want to hurt the village they just wanted to capture Gaara. He still fought to protect his village is my point. Tell me one time that when i said that Gaara didn't lose, i never said that, I know Gaara lost, i never said otherwise.

"As for the Shukaku taking over when Gaara goes unconscious", when I said (Shukaku) I meant as if he was fighting he couldn't exactly bring out Shukaku and keep the village safe at the same time, he would endanger them by using it, not that it will awaken when he goes unconscious.

well you were posting in response to my comments on why gaara lost, so i assumed you were defending that theory. and the shukaku comment wasnt directed towards you, it was a general statement to those that think speculate that the shukaku will be released *points in hikyuu's general direction*

249 out

Yeah, shukaku will not appear, for the sake of the story. Personally, I'm glad, it'll speed up the story. I'd hate to see four more releases about this. But logically, Shukaku does appear whenever Gaara is unconscious. "Unconscious," either by fake sleep or KO; it doesn't matter, Shukaku should appear. As a reason for "bird eye" making it out of the city, it's because Gaara doesn't want to unleash Shukaku upon the city. It would be better for "bird eye" to travel as far away from the city, before shukaku is released.

Originally posted by: Hakeem_21
    After reading Inane and understanding how the akatsuki guy won i can say that if there is more guys as strong as him in akatsuki then Naruto and co shoulndt worry too much cause Gaara was pretty even until the the trap.

But mostly likely he will be weekest of them all, even Kisame must be better than he/she.
    Don't forget that Naruto has kyuubi. Obviously if Naruto was normal, he would have ran out of chakra in his fight against Gaara, a long time ago.

Naruto stands no chance against the members of Akatsuki. Only two people can save Naruto from Akatsuki and one of them is busy being a hokage and the other is busy investigating. Naruto is good as dead once he runs into Itachi without Jiraiya saving his vagina.
    www.rolleyes.net/

Financial aspect of my life is revealed.

Dezalanel

Yeah....Naruto is definitly screwed without Jiraiya. BUT I am interested to see how strong he has gotten....combine that with his Kyuubi and he is prolly pretty strong now, or at least thats what I like to believe. I reallllly want to see how much Sasuke has changed though.

I'll play the devils advocate. We really haven't seen Naruto except for his little bell sparring match with Kakashi. They got the bells really easily. It seems that Naruto hasn't developed mentally. I'd like to see what Jaraiya has taught him. Naruto might hold his own against them.

if(naruto vs itachi){
    This is how I see it. If Naruto walks up to Itachi, then goes to kyubi-naruto immediately. Summons the fourth (note: they learned this jutsu from spying on oro and sasuke, they just neglected to bring sasuke back)! The great yellow flash/flicker, or whatever goes straight to work on disembowling Itachi. Naruto then grows chakra admantium claws, throws rasengan fast balls. == Naruto Victory!!!!
    }
    else
    {
    Naruto walks up to Itachi and immediately uses kage bunshin. I hope Itachi whops Naruto's head off, because I'm sick and tired of kage bunshin (I'm sure the freaking artist are tired of drawing it too). == Itachi Victory!!!!
    }

can the frog boss + naruto + kakashi + sakura have a chance against itachi you think?

no. just because they are more doesnt make them stronger or faster, they could use some uber tactics maybe but my guess is that itachi will take them out to quickly. as for gamabunta he cant do much he's just big. if itachi jumps up on his back he can do nothing. itachi took kurenai and asuma with shadow clones and chances are that he has improved since that battle.

Awesome user with default custom title Uchiha Barles's Avatar

Hiten:

Naruto will never beat itachi. He won't be strong enough to pull that off till near the end of the series, or if he does become strong enough at some point, he won't get the opportunity to kill him, cuz Sasuke's gonna do it. But that's ok, we'll then get to see the Naruto/Sasuke rematch that matters.

And Naruto most certainly did grow mentally. In his previous fights, he never thought about the weakness inherent to an enemy's abilities. This time, he did. Plus, there was that kage bunshin trade off "game" he played with Kakashi at the beginning of the fight, which ended in a stalemate. Seeing as Naruto wasn't made to look like an idiot during the fight, he came up with a strategy to take advantage of a disadvantage in his opponents ability (which he never did before), and did all this using only his trusty kage bunshin, I'd say he grew mentally. Quite a bit.
    "You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it, your time has come. This time you will stand alone and fight for yourselves. Now you will pay for your freedom in the currency of honest toil and human blood."

- Inquisitor Czevak

249 out

Originally posted by: hiten mitsurugi

Yeah, shukaku will not appear, for the sake of the story. Personally, I'm glad, it'll speed up the story. I'd hate to see four more releases about this. But logically, Shukaku does appear whenever Gaara is unconscious. "Unconscious," either by fake sleep or KO; it doesn't matter, Shukaku should appear. As a reason for "bird eye" making it out of the city, it's because Gaara doesn't want to unleash Shukaku upon the city. It would be better for "bird eye" to travel as far away from the city, before shukaku is released.

Originally posted by: Hakeem_21
    After reading Inane and understanding how the akatsuki guy won i can say that if there is more guys as strong as him in akatsuki then Naruto and co shoulndt worry too much cause Gaara was pretty even until the the trap.

But mostly likely he will be weekest of them all, even Kisame must be better than he/she.
    Don't forget that Naruto has kyuubi. Obviously if Naruto was normal, he would have ran out of chakra in his fight against Gaara, a long time ago.
    The same thing could be said about Gaara and both of them has demon with alot of chakra so it was a fair fight naruto won cause he was smarter,Gaara just went crazy.

Originally posted by: Uchiha Barles
    Hiten:

Naruto will never beat itachi. He won't be strong enough to pull that off till near the end of the series, or if he does become strong enough at some point, he won't get the opportunity to kill him, cuz Sasuke's gonna do it. But that's ok, we'll then get to see the Naruto/Sasuke rematch that matters.

And Naruto most certainly did grow mentally. In his previous fights, he never thought about the weakness inherent to an enemy's abilities. This time, he did. Plus, there was that kage bunshin trade off "game" he played with Kakashi at the beginning of the fight, which ended in a stalemate. Seeing as Naruto wasn't made to look like an idiot during the fight, he came up with a strategy to take advantage of a disadvantage in his opponents ability (which he never did before), and did all this using only his trusty kage bunshin, I'd say he grew mentally. Quite a bit.
    Dunno what you're tallking about, but Naruto sure didn't get a beat down during his last encounter with Itachi. If it didn't happen before when Naruto was really an idiot. It sure isn't gonna happen now, when you said yourself that Naruto has improved.

"Naruto will never beat itachi." That's quite a hyperbole, but judging by your user name, I guess it fits. It's really up to Kishimoto now. I hope he lays all this garbage to rest because when Naruto becomes Hokage; I don't want to hear any, "but Naruto never beat Itachi." That's why Naruto can not become Hokage until he beats his enemies. After Naruto beats Itachi, Sasuke will say,"hey, that Naruto beat the hell out of my brother. If he can do it, then I can too." Naruto once again helps Sasuke out with his life long goal. If it does't work out that way, then right when Oro is about to take Sasuke's body, Sasuke makes a last wish. " I don't care if you take my body, I just want you to kill my brother with it." You know, kinda like how he inhabited his latest body.

Aren't you the guy who tried to prove that Naruto is the most powerful character alive right now? You know, from waaay back...
    www.rolleyes.net/

Financial aspect of my life is revealed.

Awesome user with default custom title Deblas's Avatar

why are we discussing something that hasn't happened yet. we don't know if naruto stands a chance or not against the akatsuki. Before we jump to conclusions why don't we just wait until it actually happens?

--------------------------------"THE DROPOUT CREW"-------------------------------
    ___________________Captain Dropout For Life__________________