Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Since the Anime is catching up to the Manga

Since the Anime is catching up to the Manga

We should standardize what we call part 2. Is it 'part two' or 'Naruto Z' or still just 'Naruto' continued.

I personally like Naruto Z, just because it makes the narutards I see go crazy. They lose it when you compare Naruto to DBZ.

Back on topic: They are definitely going to add more filler, but the problem is what. I don't see what they can possibly add anywhere other than show parts of the time jump. They might extend the Kakashi Gaiden, but that would be a huge waste. (start over and call the series 'Obito' for a while?)

I actually would'nt mind it that much if the whole Kakashi Gaiden thing was extended a bit with new content. Kakashi Gaiden felt a bit rushed in my opionion and fleshing it out a bit would make it more poignant.

The time jump we'll probably see Naruto training for a few eps without showing his moves and stuff. Maybe a Kohmaru adventure...

I really think they will just stop making the show for a while. I think when the anime gets to the time jump, they will wait about 6 months or so befor continuing with "Naruto 2." It would really get people talking about it and interested I think. Like big season finales to for shows like ER or Friends. I think they should have done this with the manga too. Give Kishmoto some time to get ahead so he could really crank them out when he was ready.

The difference I guess is that there is no manga for most American TV shows. This idea may just convince more people to read the manga. Who knows.

Thats probably the best thing that can happen. It would be alot better then more stupid filler storylines.

Awesome user with default custom title Jman's Avatar

RE: Since the Anime is catching up to the Manga

filler? I'd hope not. I'll be damned if Morino Idate makes another stellar appearance in which he outruns everyone this time but Lee.

Formerly known as 'Animemaster'

how come japanese writers can never come up with good stories on their own relying completely on the manga?

They need to sit down and watch some batman animated series or something, to learn how to create a decent 20 minute plot
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
    how come japanese writers can never come up with good stories on their own relying completely on the manga?
    While the plot of most manga series' isn't exactly stellar in the first place, I see your point. It's probably because scriptwiters for Japanese animated TV shows are hired for their ability to crank out scripts in a timely manner, not their amazing writing. Plus they've been doing nothing but attempting to write true-to-the-manga material for so long that when they break the mold it turns to shit.

Originally posted by: AssertnFailure

They need to sit down and watch some batman animated series or something, to learn how to create a decent 20 minute plot
    The writers have a lot of limitations.

1) Time. They can only do a short story which cannot drift too far from the manga
    2) Story. No characters can evolve or die or (insert something important)
    3) Continuation. The story must link back to the story of the manga and not cause any confusion

In short, they have to come up with something that isn't boring, and cannot put in anything that will affect the characters and the storyline. Not that easy to do.....
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

i would think that they would have a few months break before continueing part 2, so that way the manga stays ahead

A break seems reasonable. With Naruto series showing up in America dubbed and all censored at the end of summer I think they would take a small break before continuing part 2. Who knows probably new voice actors since some of them have grown up. Though that whole County of Tea part really was lame IMO.

be odd to have the anime catch up wonder if they would stop the show for a bit