Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you listening to right now?

Quote Originally Posted by Killa-Eyez View Post
    The Prodigy FTW!!! I've watched their perfomance at the Milton Keynes Bowl from july 2010 in full HD at the cinema, peeps were raving their heads off!

Meanwhile I've been listening to Hiroki Mizukami - Rainy Forest for my jazz fix and to Incise for J-Dilla influenced cuts:

So Beautiful

Nothing To Do

The sound is just so grand!

Also lately I've been captured by Little Dragon's Twice. This song is addictive and makes you think, ALOT.
    Still have not made it to a proper house club, but I have been listening to the new Bad Vs. Evil (Eminem and Royce da 5'9"). Its pretty solid.

Quote Originally Posted by rockmanj View Post
    Still have not made it to a proper house club, but I have been listening to the new Bad Vs. Evil (Eminem and Royce da 5'9"). Its pretty solid.
    Oh snap! That Fast Lane joint by those two is flamin'! Been a while since I heard mainstream artists rip it like that. Reminds me of Styles of Beyond. Thanks dude!

Now... we can click as warriors... button to button, it is the basis of all internet.
    Only a fool trusts his life to a virus.

Awesome user with default custom title Uchiha Barles's Avatar
    Anathema: Angels Walk Among Us

and

A Simple Mistake

I'm just a sucker for complex, layered music with wonderful melodies and a melancholic slant. The way the male singer sings "only you..." during the chorus of "Angels Walk Among Us" reminds me of some other song by some other artist...but I just can't figure out which, and its killing me.
    "You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it, your time has come. This time you will stand alone and fight for yourselves. Now you will pay for your freedom in the currency of honest toil and human blood."

- Inquisitor Czevak

Quote Originally Posted by Killa-Eyez View Post
    Oh snap! That Fast Lane joint by those two is flamin'! Been a while since I heard mainstream artists rip it like that. Reminds me of Styles of Beyond. Thanks dude!
    Yea, its pretty crazy...they came out firing on the 1st track, and I would say kept it going pretty consistently until that song after Kiss (I believe it is the one with Bruno Mars). That actually put me in a somewhat good mood.

I've gotten me the Deluxe version which features 2 extra songs and makes the album slightly better. The only real problem I got with it is the collabo on Lighters with Bruno Mars. I don't like his stuff.

But making me aware of Royce's presence made me dig up a few albums that went under my radar. Like his 2009 "Street Hop" album. Been listening to "Shake This" ever since. Big ups, rockmanj!

Now... we can click as warriors... button to button, it is the basis of all internet.

Blog Entries
    I've recently been introduced to a band called Sick Puppies and so far this is my favorite single by them

Somewhat fucked up lyrics

Nice song. Dude with the soulpatch looks like Klayton's tanned little brother. :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tqpEF9-_lw <--- This is my friend's group (my friend is "Grandmaster"). He makes music for everyone, but they would like to reach out to the young Asian American crowd. He has also posted the link to the album on the youtube page as well, if you are interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha Barles View Post
    So I listened to A Simple Mistake first, and the verse vocals reminded me of Heart of the Sunrise from Yes(at 3:54). Then your vocalist at the chorus(also with chorus effects on his voice) reminded me of Duran Duran’s “Ordinary World.” I like them basically, so thanks. See if you like this. Sorry about any ads.

I’m a slowpoke, but I still think undead Ferrari drivers are cool. I like Kavinsky's retro sound and style.

Then there’s Danger:

He's divine.

I didn't like the post-break up sex song, but I absolutely adored every single other song linked in that post. That was an awesome 20+ minutes of music listening xD.

One of the songs I'm currently finding I have on loop a lot is Soraya by a band called Animals as Leaders, which does progressive/experimental metal instrumentals. It's actually just one guy who writes all the instrument parts.

I've also been listening to a bunch of Nox Arcana, which is basically creepy halloween/ dark ambient music.
    "You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it, your time has come. This time you will stand alone and fight for yourselves. Now you will pay for your freedom in the currency of honest toil and human blood."

- Inquisitor Czevak

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    I really like the sound which comes out of it... Trance Music on a guitar.

I've been listening to Tha S.O Triangle's first single in over two and a half years, "and 7." I didn't really like it at first, but it eventually grew on me. I just wish that Bro.Hi, had kicked some rhymes as well. It almost feels like it could have been a track on Diggyism / Diggyism II.

Last edited by Marik; Fri, 07-08-2011 at 06:21 PM.

I hated the song from that one Subaru commercial with the "unconventional wedding" silliness, so I looked up the artist so I could talk shit about him. Turns out some of his music is pretty amazing. He does duets with Zooey Deschanel in the band "She and Him".

Here's Hold Time:

and Chinese Translation:

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    I really like the sound which comes out of it... Trance Music on a guitar.

That song is awesome, and that's some pretty serious skill there.

- Inquisitor Czevak

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha Barles View Post
    That song is awesome, and that's some pretty serious skill there.
    I'm not bashing the song, because it's pretty, but the delay effect is what makes it sound complicated. He's not a virtuoso by any means.

Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax View Post
    Turns out some of his music is pretty amazing. He does duets with Zooey Deschanel in the band "She and Him".
    I saw She and Him at ACL in 2010. Well worth the hour and a half wait out in the cold because of technical problems. I had never heard M. Ward's solo stuff before, though. Didn't imagine it would be so ambient.

Animated music video by the Studio Killers:

Really catchy hook.
    Last edited by XanBcoo; Sat, 07-09-2011 at 08:59 PM.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Quote Originally Posted by XanBcoo View Post
    I'm not bashing the song, because it's pretty, but the delay effect is what makes it sound complicated. He's not a virtuoso by any means.
    I'm not sure at what point in a guitarist's growth in abilities it becomes accurate to call him "virtuoso", but this guy has a strong command over many techniques. If you watch some of his other videos, one of the few things that can be criticized is his command over the tone of the guitar. Even then...not that much if you listen to a few of the songs where drastic changes in dynamics are an important part. "Virtuoso"...maybe not, but he's definitely greatly skilled.
    Last edited by Uchiha Barles; Sun, 07-10-2011 at 12:10 AM. Reason: Good lord I can't type write anything cohesive when I'm tired...I'm going to bed.

- Inquisitor Czevak

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    Ok, yeah. My comment was based off of my reaction to the video you posted. His other songs and videos are far more impressive.

I like his Romance & Waltz thing.

Edit: I knew I recognized that channel name. Andy McKee's videos are hosted on the same channel.

He's what I would call a "virtuoso".

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Oh, that song is gorgeous! Think I'll work on learning that and then force my friends to listen to it at parties.

- Inquisitor Czevak

Quote Originally Posted by XanBcoo View Post
    Animated music video by the Studio Killers:

Really catchy hook.
    That sucker is addictive. Vocalist is a guy, right?

The Japanese Popstars are actually three northern Irish dudes. It seems that the lack of vocals in their first album prompted them to acquire a certain vocalist as a curative measure for the second.

The first song I saw Andy McKee perform was the video for "Drifting" years ago. I remember that when the melody started and for the duration after, I smiled and smiled.