Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trueno

Trueno

Well, why is it so damn good? High revving engine? 50/50 weight distribution?

S2k has the exact same thing...why is the Trueno so 'godly'

RE: Trueno

because takumi is driving it, if he wasn't driving it , it wouldn't be as godly as it is, it totally depends on the driver and how well he c an control it, any piece of junk can be godly when an amazing driver is driving it

I HATE MINIS... you dont undertsand how much i hate them. i think theyre an overpriced shitbox on wheels.
    but if takumi starts driving one and makes it the best, then i would maybe start to like it.

but obviously he still has a lot more improving to do, i mean he got owned by his dad driving the sti

yup his father is just a better driver then him and the subaru impreza sti is just a damn monster car no way a trueno can out drive an impreza

do we even know how much the trueno is pushing? ive only watched the 4th stage and not any other stages (im dowloading).. all i know is his trueno is NA but it can beat a Track Tuned CTR with a Pro Driver and all these cars? The car itself is just way too godly by itself..

evoxdc

240HP, I believe. The current engine came into play during Second Stage. It's a modified Racing Engine.

takumi has been trained throughout his middle schooll and highschool life no wonder why hes a god in the trueno but his father still has the upper edge i would really like to see his dad drive more.

I liked how hisfather crushed him with the new, Takumi was totaly shocked

The trueno is so good if the driver is skilled like Takumi,his father or someone else really good and if you tune it as good as Takumis father does.

Originally posted by: Hakeem_21

The trueno is so good if the driver is skilled like Takumi,his father or someone else really good and if you tune it as good as Takumis father does.
    i dont think the sti was tuned for takumi's dad.. and he walked all over takumi... *easy to drive*

his trueno has 240hp?
    s2k has about that much, and they both have 50/50 weight distribution but i bet somewhere down the line hell beat an s2k..

doesnt the trueno have a nascar engine... (sorry, havent watched past stage 1)
    and a nascar engine should at least have 300... but hey since it is the prodigious trueno, it is only fair for it to only have 240hp since it is takumi whos driving it.

trdae86

the motor should b a 20val jdm corolla/levin motor if your planing on doing something like that. hehe.

uhh dude nascar is so..ur so off with that nascar comment.. nascar doesnt even allow any cars that arent made in america why would it be part of initial d...

Originally posted by: Kn1ves
    Originally posted by: Hakeem_21

i dont think the sti was tuned for takumi's dad.. and he walked all over takumi... *easy to drive*

his trueno has 240hp?
    s2k has about that much, and they both have 50/50 weight distribution but i bet somewhere down the line hell beat an s2k..
    The car is alot better than Takumis car and his father is alot better than Takumi so of course he would lose.

Skill can only take you so far,the trueno wont have a chance against cars who are alot better even if Takumi is driving it.

Originally posted by: Kn1ves
    uhh dude nascar is so..ur so off with that nascar comment.. nascar doesnt even allow any cars that arent made in america why would it be part of initial d...
    lol thats why i asked [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]... and people been tellin me that when his engine blew up from the race with the Evo III, his dad bought him a new engine, which is supposably a nascar engine.. and hey, if its just the engine, why not?. the engine upgrade he got isnt a turbo engine. (knowing this since when the evo III and the trueno had a rematch, the guy said it wasnt turbo from the accelaration or something.)

The car that Initial D is based on(at least engine wise since the car pictured in the link is a Corolla Levin and Takumi drives a Trueno Sprinter) in the later episodes happens to be this one on this page HERE. It's a Group A racing spec engine that was not available to the general public and had about 255HP with a redline of 11,000 RPM.

Originally posted by: ThelvynD
    The car that Initial D is based on(at least engine wise since the car pictured in the link is a Corolla Levin and Takumi drives a Trueno Sprinter) in the later episodes happens to be this one on this page HERE. It's a Group A racing spec engine that was not available to the general public and had about 255HP with a redline of 11,000 RPM.
    good stuff and welcome to the forums! anyways, for $100,000 US i might as well build a diff car if im only gonna use it for track. turbo integra type r + awd could outrun that car + it has superior handling to begin with...or maybe ill end up just like that CTR in initial D

Hey thanks. BTW if you haven't already seen it here's some pictures of the actual roads that Initial D used along with some of the memorable corners seen in the anime. LINK It's in japanese but if you click the gallery link on the left side you can get to the picture gallery of all the courses.

It's not the car, Its the driver... Takumi can probably push alot of cars to it's limit to make it go fast... He was using iktsuki's(iggy for you who watch TP version) 85levin and win 2 races against people who have faster cars in AKINA. That is not about car speed but driver's ability. But as of current... dad's subaru imperza WRX has more speed than the 86 but if it was someone like iktsuki who is driving it there will be no chance for it to win because the driver's ability. Give him a dam Fararri or Lambourgini and he probably can't win a mountain pass race (if it was drag race its a different story)

He won cause their cars werent so good they were better than the 85 but they were not as good as the turbo car that Takumi lost to.