Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Episode 17 Discussion

Episode 17 Discussion

Anime Kingdon/Aone

I know we're all hoping for more Steller and Gaia action [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img].

(Aeon's Top 5 Anime ATM)One Piece,Shakugan no Shana Second,Gundam 00,Naruto,Bleach

RE: Episode 17 Discussion

First...........while waiting for dl to finish

Donut

Ah, Just downloaded it. Time for some Destiny action. Im new in the forums by the way. Nice to eat ya

Jounin

Episode 17 Discussion

I was begining to doubt that it would come.. Since no one made a GSD 17 thread.. Usally someone makes it when the raw is out but not this time..

EDIT: it was a nice episode.. no action but i still enjoyed it.. I will probably add more to a discussion tomorrow when i'm not so fucking tired..

Yea okay ep, more explaining and character development.
    Also, funny how thy talked about the new lacus and her breasts and new outfit.

Next Ep looks like a new character will be introduced like how Kagari was haha.......................if its not broken, don't fix it.

awesome ep as always. loved everything about it as always. and the kingdom of scandinavia is hiding the archangel thats badass. and asuran picking shinn apart was amazing i guess shinn will change little by little from this point on. on another note lunamarias sister seems to be jealous [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] more new mobile suit designs next ep and a new girl.....

Good episode. Still kinda lost since I never watched GS, haha, but all is good.

Episode 17 Discussion

I've switched over to seeding the scarywater torrent. I've seeded the gotwoot one for more then 24 hours, and the scarywater one is just getting started so I'm helping out there now.

I personally was interested that Kira voiced the opinion that Chairman Dullindal hiding stuff, and doesn't trust him. Also Talia calling him a Tanuki was a nice line.

Also from the preview, I'm happy to see that they will acctually be using the Core Splendor. I mean they went to the trouble of creating the thing they should use it.

That leads me to a point I've been waiting for a convinient place to bring up. In episode 3 (at 15:37 if you want to check) Chairman Dullindal said (refering to the Impulse launch system); "According to engineers, this is the newest, most efficient mobile suit system." Maybe it was the newest, I have no basis to argue that, but "most efficient"???? Really it seems to be a rediculously ineffecient. Seems to me it should make a easy target for any intelligent opponent to take out before the combination is complete, and thus before the Phase Shift is active. The only thing I can figure is that the creators for GSD apply to the following theory (from http://www.abcb.com/laws/index.htm I specifically like 43 though);

"Law of Uninteruptable Metamorphosis

(from R. A. Hubby)

Regardless of how long or involved the transformation sequence or how many times they've seen it before, any 'Bad Guys' witnessing a mecha/hero/heroine transforming are too stunned to do anything to interrupt it."

Sorry for not including this with my last post, but I thought of it just after I hit send.

Does the Core Splendor on the Impulse have Phase Shift? I don't believe it does, but I figured I should ask. The reason it came to mind was because while it is covered on the front, the Core Splendor is exposed on the back of the Impulse. The different equipment packs cover most of it, but isn't it still partially exposed? I would think that would be a problem. A missle to the back placed well could seriously damage the core splendor and potentially harm the pilot when it would be shrugged off anywhere else.

Decent episode. It looks like Athuran is gonna make Shinn a man. Athrun seems to really have gotten through to shinn, as much as he hated it. Im really interested in this Kagalli type character coming up. She just better not be the princess of a country and have that country go down in flames.

Nice episode, especially at the end.

On another note: the Mia Campbell scene was a bit overdone. I mean, the old Ramius-juggling scenes were already plenty, but that...that brings it to a new level [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Funny episode. The discussion of the bridge guys about Mia was hilarious, as is Lunamaria's sister's weight fixation.

Boy, Mia Campbell is HAWT.

The dialogue at the end was one of the best GSD moments yet.

"But the moment you take that power in your hands, you'll be the one that makes people cry."

or something like that... ace!

I loved this episode even tho there was a lack of action. Lots of character development. It's very interesting to see Dullindal's character to be shown in some darkness because he was too "good" to be real.

I'm a "Kira > Shinn" fan so I loved the fact that lots of people said things to Shinn that totally owned him.

That concert by Mia was great. I can't wait till the real Lacus shows her up tho.

I'm going out on a limb here, but I want to make a guess that says that Desert Version Cagalli girl is the little sister of that guy that had a crush, but died in the first season.

/me patiently awaits the eps when Kira owns Shinn.

That place over there........ahh never mind

pretty good ep, I could feel the pissed off attitude on the archangel when Mia came on(which someone decided to make it full screen), but the up beat version of that song was cool.

Athruns little talk with Shinn was badass(Im not requoting the quote, b/c terra already did that), and I guess shinn will start to act a little bit more reasonalbly now and hopefully by ep 24 we will start to actually like him

R.I.P Captain America.

Episode 17 Discussion

Originally posted by: Curium
    I am currently seeding the gotwoot tracker of this file, I will edit this line out when I stop

I personally was interested that Kira voiced the opinion that Chairman Dullindal hiding stuff, and doesn't trust him. Also Talia calling him a Tanuki was a nice line.

Also from the preview, I'm happy to see that they will acctually be using the Core Splendor. I mean they went to the trouble of creating the thing they should use it.

That leads me to a point I've been waiting for a convinient place to bring up. In episode 3 (at 15:37 if you want to check) Chairman Dullindal said (refering to the Impulse launch system); "According to engineers, this is the newest, most efficient mobile suit system." Maybe it was the newest, I have no basis to argue that, but "most efficient"???? Really it seems to be a rediculously ineffecient. Seems to me it should make a easy target for any intelligent opponent to take out before the combination is complete, and thus before the Phase Shift is active. The only thing I can figure is that the creators for GSD apply to the following theory (from http://www.abcb.com/laws/index.htm I specifically like 43 though);

"Law of Uninteruptable Metamorphosis

(from R. A. Hubby)

Regardless of how long or involved the transformation sequence or how many times they've seen it before, any 'Bad Guys' witnessing a mecha/hero/heroine transforming are too stunned to do anything to interrupt it."

the only way its more efficient is on the go combat repairs; by simply replacing one of the damaged components (im guessin this works for everything BUT the core splender itself lol) but other than that it is somewhat of a waste, but shinn being a shitty pilot i guess u have to have a backup ;-)

also yea i cant wait to see Kira pimp shinn like he deserves. but what im wondering is when will this other FAITH joker show up; the kid with the orange hair.

I guess the creators just wanted to waste time, and what better way than to play a long transformation scene everytime Impulse launches?

Originally posted by: Curium
    Sorry for not including this with my last post, but I thought of it just after I hit send.

Does the Core Splendor on the Impulse have Phase Shift? I don't believe it does, but I figured I should ask. The reason it came to mind was because while it is covered on the front, the Core Splendor is exposed on the back of the Impulse. The different equipment packs cover most of it, but isn't it still partially exposed? I would think that would be a problem. A missle to the back placed well could seriously damage the core splendor and potentially harm the pilot when it would be shrugged off anywhere else.
    The Core Splendor does have a Phase Shift. If you watch the intro, you can see that it's colored while the rest of the pieces are gray. Then it goes into full Phase Shift mode. Ya know, it'd be kinda bad if it was shot down before it could fully transform into Impulse, meaning it's most vulnerable when launching, but they probabably took that into consideration. It's kinda how the shield is always on Phase Shift mode.

Originally posted by: Wren
    the only way its more efficient is on the go combat repairs; by simply replacing one of the damaged components (im guessin this works for everything BUT the core splender itself lol) but other than that it is somewhat of a waste, but shinn being a shitty pilot i guess u have to have a backup ;-)
    Well, the changes it goes through between weapons systems is also faster. Remember back in GS when Kira had to change in space because he ran out of power? That took forever and he almost got killed. Compare that to the time when Shinn went into SEED mode against the mobile armor and you could call it efficient.

I hate how everybody says "This was good -even though it had no action-."
    This is a WAR DRAMA. If you are so fucking fixated with action, go watch a few monster trucks rape each other.

A good episode.
    That song was really upbeat, it was a remix of the first song Lacus sung in Gundam SEED, correct?

i'm sick and tired of this pussy shit. i want to see athrun put lunamaria's ankles to her ears.
    www.rolleyes.net/

Financial aspect of my life is revealed.