Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anime title

Anime title

Does anyone even know why this anime is called Bleach? So far in all 17 episodes that i have seen, i dont know why its called Bleach yet.

RE: Anime title

The only thing I can think of as for now is that Ichigo has always been accused that his hair color was always bleached. Heh, it would be a stupid reason, but that's the only one I can think of for now.

Originally posted by: kooshi
    The only thing I can think of as for now is that Ichigo has always been accused that his hair color was always bleached. Heh, it would be a stupid reason, but that's the only one I can think of for now.
    Yeah thats the only reason I could really make out. I wonder if there is a more in-depth reasoning for the title.

i don't think there is more of a reason, i just think it's because his hair.
    but i like this name.

having read teh manga im gonna go with because of ichigos hair, however it coudl be that its just not been revealed yet

Its called Bleach because "bleach" the cleaner is used to whiten things, to sanitize or clean. As a Soul Reaper his job is to send souls to the Soul Society which also means to cleanse the Hollows as well. Hence the name.

Originally posted by: pegasussaint
    Its called Bleach because "bleach" the cleaner is used to whiten things, to sanitize or clean. As a Soul Reaper his job is to send souls to the Soul Society which also means to cleanse the Hollows as well. Hence the name.
    Nah I'm going with the hair as well.

(Aeon's Top 5 Anime ATM)One Piece,Shakugan no Shana Second,Gundam 00,Naruto,Bleach

Originally posted by: pegasussaint
    i like this theory better. afterall, he admitted that his hair is his natural colour. besides.. i don't know if you actually need to bleach your hair to get it orange? couldn't you just use dye.

i'm gonna go with pegasussaint theory because both are right to a certain extent.

come to think of it, how would u even get ur hair orange with bleach? wouldnt it turn yellow? (or in a friend's case, green cuz his hair used to be brown O_o)

I think it is an abstract name that has nothing really to do with the series.

depends on temperature and color of hair to begin with....

if some japanese dude did a crap job of bleaching his hair, it could turn orange....

my hair turns orange from bleach......will never do that one again

I think its just because all manga artists/writers are crazy, and that's just what Tite Kubo (Kubo Tite? I can never remember the order to put his name in...) felt like calling the series
    He probably has some underlying reason, but whether we get told or not is his decision

I think it's a humorous title because the anime likes to be funny, so they name the anime after a stupid reason of people teasing the main character of bleaching his hair.

I was thinking of the cleansing theory as well. Bleaching to be precise. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I don't think naming a series after hair is quite smart while "Bleach" fits perfectly as a series title since that is what Soul Reapers do to Hollows.

i thought bleaching your hair makes the color lighter, hence easier to dye. -not turn it into a different color.

well... for some people when they try to Bleach their hair it turns into an orangie color... so it's still a plausible reason

it would turn orange if your hair was like previosly brown.

Be Cool

as long as the animation attractive who care..