Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Chouji Alive

Chouji Alive

I stopped reading the manga a while back... so this is the only post i will do here...

but my brother spoiled me that Chouji survives... all i can say is that it is a load of crap.... they should have left him dead for a better impact on the plot...

this simply sucks

RE: Chouji Alive

Damn straight man. I was pissed greatly at the manga for seeing that. And when seeing it in the anime I even tried to force myself into THINKING that he was dead... because his "death" is so fucking good and would have a very good and positive impact on the entire series. Fucking dumbass Kishimoto, fucking DBZ fanboy.. EVERYBODY SURVIVES. ARGH!!!

I CRAVE DEATH

bud you are not alone. HE SHOULD HAVE DIED!

but nooo for reasons terra has already said.

majority will agree.

Well think about it... the aim is to have the reader/viewer sad because they think he's dead. Then, when they find out he's alive, the aim is to make them relieved and happy. Try to liken it to one of your friends apparently dying in hospital, only to find out the next day they pulled through... you'd be overjoyed.
    I think I know precisely what I mean
    when I say it's a schpadoinkle day

I suppose I'll just have to continue a bit into the *SPOILERS* for those who don't frequent the manga forum, and just say that the effect on Shikamaru if Chouji died would have been tremendous, he probably would have quit being a shinobi right then and there. I'm pretty sure that Konoha would/will need Shika in the future and Chouji's death would have been a serious blow, because more than likely, they'd lose Shika.

Though his death would have brought some seriousness to the series (because the other deaths really haven't), I understand why Kishimoto would do that. I don't entirely agree with him, but there are a LOT of genin who should be dead now, Konohamaru included (That is of course, unless he learns to summon Enma like the Third)

I guess we all just have to face that this is no Berserk. People hardly die here. Though they really need to.
    Kishimoto has a lot to learn about these things. Anyone care to send him some mail with "character killing" advice?

I mean seriously, all the heroes survived this ordeal and all the villains they met died... I mean... YAY HOW FUN!
    Damn, I don't like saying this, but sometimes it really does feel like a kid's show.

well.. obitos dead. *sheds a tear* i ... uh ... got something in my eye

i dunno....personally i view naruto the way i view an rpg...
    you got lots of characters, which you can mix and match for select missions
    they each have their own strengths, weaknesses, and abilities...

and they're dead until they get pheonix downed after the battle's over
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Assertn, you suck.

WHY DIDN'T CLOUD USE A PHOENIX DOWN ON AERIS.

Don't bring that up again. Please. You're gonna make me cry. I loved her. And her high level. And her voice... even though she was mute... and her hair... and her... damnit jing!

aww don't cry. tifa is still alive.
    by the way i just watched the newest advent children trailer.. and um.. they showed tifa's .,... popping out from shirt.

Damn straight, chouji should have died. The best thing Chouji could do for the series is provide character developement for Shikamaru; the best way to do that is for him to die.
    "Samsonlonghair - The Defender of the Oppressed And Shunned!" -Kraco

Originally posted by: jing
    aww don't cry. tifa is still alive.
    by the way i just watched the newest advent children trailer.. and um.. they showed tifa's .,... popping out from shirt.
    I just watched the trailers - I didn't see it ... O_o

I think I know precisely what I mean
    when I say it's a schpadoinkle day

oh dude i wanna watch popping out from shirt,...where can i get the trailer?

Chouji Alive

www.adventchildren.net

or used the main square site. its trailler 003. its that or the version subbed by aone, i dont remember.

terra, you're so hurtful! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

i dont think i wouldve got much more out of the series if chouji did die. I guess the realization that major characters CAN dissappear from the story is something that it wouldve offered if he did, but i'm sure he'll just recede back into the background for the most part anyway.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Naruto needs some Gantz...

Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
    terra, you're so hurtful! [img][/img]

i dont think i wouldve got much more out of the series if chouji did die. I guess the realization that major characters CAN dissappear from the story is something that it wouldve offered if he did, but i'm sure he'll just recede back into the background for the most part anyway.
    i hope not. the problem with dragon ball (yes im bringing up dragon so shut the hell up) was that characters were brought back to life and served no future purpose (ie. yamcha, tien, choatzu, kuririn) when kishimoto reveiled that chouji and neji were alive my imediate thought was that kishimoto has a plan for them in the future.

when a main character dies i want it to have a purpose. the characters that die in gantz further develop the change in keis character. if chouji were to die their would be no development for shikamaru. he would have quit being a ninja. end of story

Chouji Alive

it can't be true that Chouji killed that fat ass .

chouji was very strong or it is the "elite"...