Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: why ppl hate sakura??

RE: why ppl hate sakura??

i think sakura is a great character.. mindless fighting entertainment would be stupid.. someone needs to bring the emotional scenes... i only hate how she is on sasuke's cock

same here.

If only they would let her show her strength more

We got a pretty good impression of it on the boat some eps ago

i don't think those eps are valid, imo.

i don't think that is her strength until i see it done again, when it is done by the kishimoto.

why ppl hate sakura??

Originally posted by: Terracosmo
    Originally posted by: samsonlonghair
    Originally posted by: Terracosmo
    Sakura has no reason to love Sasuke. She's just a little bitch who can't control her hormones, falling for a guy who never showed any signs of being interested in her. Around these parts we call that stupid, not admirable.
    Can you honestly say that you've never fallen for someone who would never return your feelings? Can anyone make that claim? Sakura is a well written and very human character. From a literary point of view, she's very interesting. Kishimoto should be commended for creating such an emotional character in a genre that shows no respect for such characters.
    Were it not for your long hair I'd rape you for this.
    Sakura is not a human character and if she is I will now commence crying for humanity's decaying.
    And yes I can honestly say that I've never fucking fallen for someone who does not return my feelings.

I have been interested, yes. I have asked people on dates and gotten rejected, yes.
    Both of those things are quite normal. However...

BEING FUCKING OBSESSED WITH SOMEONE WHO HAS BARELY SPOKEN TO YOU FOR MORE THAN A YEAR IS -NOT- NORMAL! IT IS MENTAL! AND SAKURA -SUCKS-!

GODDAMNIT

And Kishimoto should definately not be commended for adding this hollow and worthless excuse of a character to the fray other than for us to randomly hate.

I cannot agree more terra, Well done. Also about her abusrb strength in the filler i dont think that counts.

If people going to criticize Sakura for being an emotional character obsessed with a boy for no apparent reason, then you might as well laugh at Neji's face for thinking everything is pre-determined. He is also just as shallow of a character as Sakura, but since he " kicks so much ass ", he is accepted as a " good character ". I would like someone to explain what a " good charater " is. Laugh in Sasuke's face for wanting to waste his life only for revenge, that's not normal either.

Sakura brings a sense of reality to the table, something called emotion. Someone has to show it because most of the other characters are a bunch of ass kicking, raping bad asses, whom only worry about fighting and getting stronger. Without good there isn't evil. If it wasn't for Sakura, people wouldn't sympathize with Naruto for treating her so good and getting nothing in return. Sasuke would also not look as bad ass. Each character brings out something in another.

Once again, I think Sakura is a great character. I also agree she takes it overboard sometimes and is a little too obsessed. She should play the field lol, but she is not a " a rotting piece of shit who should burn in hell or the start of the decay of the human race " or any other insult people can think of without providing any valid reason for it.

why ppl hate sakura??

I think there have been valid reasons presented earlier on why Sakura is a useless character, it's already been said. And as for your comment on the other characters being "bad asses" and "ass kicking" , well, this is an anime about ninja and it's action, so of course we want to see some "ass kicking" rather then a girl obsessed over someone like Sakura is. And like I said before, other character bring in "emotions" and other dementions to the anime

why ppl hate sakura??

Originally posted by: The Cursed Kyubi
    If people going to criticize Sakura for being an emotional character obsessed with a boy for no apparent reason, then you might as well laugh at Neji's face for thinking everything is pre-determined. He is also just as shallow of a character as Sakura, but since he " kicks so much ass ", he is accepted as a " good character ". I would like someone to explain what a " good charater " is. Laugh in Sasuke's face for wanting to waste his life only for revenge, that's not normal either.
    not really.....
    there's a difference between having a rational belief and having an obsession
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

why ppl hate sakura??

I don't hate her but she is useless in the world of ninjas.

why ppl hate sakura??

Originally posted by: ShinobiNeko
    this is an anime about ninja and it's action, so of course we want to see some "ass kicking" rather then a girl obsessed over someone like Sakura is. And like I said before, other character bring in "emotions" and other dementions to the anime
    lol... same reason as everyone else presented... "obsession over a boy". If everyone loves " ass kicking " so much, why doesn't anyone make a mindless fighting anime that its all FIGHTING the whole 20 MINUTES. Im so sure it will be a success.

why ppl hate sakura??

I didn't say it's just to watch for the "ass kicking" but it is an integral part of the anime that people want to see, I mean which episodes and parts to people get the most exiceted about usually and want to see? It sure as heck isn't Sakura scenes. And there are other elements to the anime that people watch for in Naruto, just saying Sakura isn't as big of a part to many people as you think. And as for the reasons it wasn't just "obsession over a boy" though that is one of the biggest ones that makes her a lackluster character, plus, though I don't know which thread it was because it was a while ago, Sakura was discussed and many other reasons were brought up as to why.

And I think that most of the other character are more interesting and believable then Sakura and contribute a lot of emotional scenes. And you brought up Neji as a negative, but I would refute that, because Neji has a REASONABLE reason for why he thought how he thought. He struggled through his like with something that shaped his views, which makes him more realistic of a character, and the fact that he grew as a character to get over that. We really don't see that with Sakura, and her reasonings for what she does is not reasonable at all, as Assertn pointed out "there's a difference between having a rational belief and having an obsession".

Going back to the "reasons" besides the obsession which is overboard, she has no determination, yes, people can say she said she would get stronger for the two, but she did NOTHING, she dosn't seem to understand anything about shinobi or determination because she couldn't understand why Rock Lee and others worked so hard (duh) She's very clueless, and her only role seems to be the smart one, and yet it hasn't done very much for the group, and as for Genjutsu, Sasuke has done more than her on that and detected it. Clueless and bit coldhearted with Ino in the fact that she dumped the only person who would be her friend just because they liked the same guy, and though Ino still inside cares for her and it's obvious she only obsesses over Sasuke because of Sakura, she doesn't even see that. She knows nothing about Sasuke and says insulting or contradicting stuff to him. She's weak, the weakest genin and really has no talent that helps the group since she is weak and can't fight. I mean she couldn't block a KUNAI..-_- . Also Lazy because we NEVER saw her training by herself, while we've seen even Chouji train, never Sakura.

Think those are valid enough and more than just being an obsessive person.

Puppeteer_Elly

why ppl hate sakura??

I understand how you guys are feeling. I too wish we could yank Sakura out of the anime, make her into an American girl and stick her back in. I too wish something as cool as Naruto could be written for our culture, and setup to appeal to people like us.

In Sakura's case, she is what she should be. The ideal perfect Japanese girl who stands by her man no matter how he abuses her. In anime written by the Japanese male, she's the girl who wins the hero in the end. Not only that, but she's the girl who's most worthy of the hero because she's so Japanese.

Poor Sakura doesn't realize who the hero is yet, but she'll come round. Don't worry. Why, she's already seemed to overcome the inner-sakura thing that was in her way of being perfect.

But before you brow-beat the author too much, consider his audience. It's not you and I! The Japanese want to push their young men toward the more traditional Japanese women, and they want to encourage the young women to act that way to get her man.

We do it too. Why do you think we have eating disorders? Plastic Surgery? Steroids? We push our young people in directions too.

The Japanese feminist movement is pretty far behind us. I've seen some of the ugliest male teachers come to Japan and get married so quick because he's willing to do the dishes every second Tuesday. Japanese women see American men as a step up--even the lazy ones. I've also seen female teachers leave Japan, because she can't even get a one-night stand let alone a date.

Yes, Sakura is disappointing...but only to us. Only in English speaking culture is she wrong and a let-down.

Allow me to point out one more thing, even though the new hokkage is a female notice--she never got married, heck the one guy she digged was in her youth so she's spent what...30 years alone? Her old teammates treat her like a man too no matter how big her boobs are. The message is clear either you become a shinobi and be alone or you become a wife and be happy. There are lots of female chonin running around the village too, have you seen a single one of them with a husband or family?

Elly

Originally posted by: The Cursed Kyubi
    wtf? neji is a much better character then sakura for the following reasons:

1) he has plenty of background that descirbes reason that he feels that destiny cannot be change. sakura has absolutely no reason why she likes sasuke beyond he so cool and good looking. even hinata has a valid reason for her crush

2) he dosent remain the same the entire story. after his fight with naruto and the conversation with his uncle neji had a drastic change in character. sakura has been the same since the beginning of this story. sure she changed a bit to defend naruto and sasuke in the forest, and when she fought ino, but right afterwards she went right back to being the lame sakura everyone hates, so she has had absolutely no growth as a character. she is just an immature brat that thinks shes better then naruto, which is clearly false.

3)neji is a character with a diffinate history. we know all there is to know about what shaped neji into what he is today. there are so many things that we are clueless about with sakura. why did she decide to become a ninja? is she part of a clan? if so... why havent he ever heard of any ninja from her clan? or is she just some random girl that decided one day she would become a shinobi for the hell of it, and just so happens to have excellent chakra control?

Originally posted by: RasenDori

is she part of a clan? if so... why havent he ever heard of any ninja from her clan? or is she just some random girl that decided one day she would become a shinobi for the hell of it, and just so happens to have excellent chakra control?
    Well we've seen her dad fight during the Konoha attack.

we did??? i saw i-no's dad but i dont remeber sakuras.

i don't remember seeing Sakura or Ino's dad.

Originally posted by: chambers
    we did??? i saw i-no's dad but i dont remeber sakuras.
    Ahhh you're right, I got them mixed up.

why ppl hate sakura??

puppeteer elly..

okay first of all.. you are sterotyping japanese women.. come on.. ppl are different.. okay? and duh.. tsunade did have a bf.. who died.. and she got depressed which is why she never got married.. please stop with your illogical so called explanations.

uh.. and how do you know that sakura is only hated in US? did you go to non english coutries and made a survey?.. then i would liek to see how many you did.. untill you do.. please refrain from saying such a illogical statement..

now you said "The ideal perfect Japanese girl who stands by her man no matter how he abuses her"-> that is a very very old old statement. now not much girls would do that... and things are changing.. and what do you mean by that's ideal perfect japanese girl? have you surveyed japanese men to know? how do you know?

now please.. stop with " oh.. we are english speaking country ppl so can't understand" illogical logic