Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Death Note

Death Note

I had heard that this was decent, so I downloaded it for Halloween, and I ended up reading all 40 chapters in one night. It's basically a horror/drama story about a student who finds a book dropped by a Shinigami and discovers that whoever's name he writes in the book will die (with some specific restrictions). He decides to use the book to kill off criminals and make the world a better place, but things quickly go downhill from there...

I can't really see this one animated, because most of the best stuff is psychologic suspense, but I love the theme of power corrupting a person, and it's done very nicely here. I really enjoyed this, and I'd highly recommend it. Got it from here

Anyone else seen it?

Death Note

Indeed, Death Note is one of the best mangas around. Some chapters take two-three reads to get the plot clear, and every single page is worth it. The best thing about the manga is how it makes you relate to the 'bad guy' and want him to win over the forces of good.

really, i was so sad that Raito (I refuse to call him Light, keep him Raito, even if it isn't the original purpose of the name) had to let go of his badassness and go to the side of good...

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

Death Note

I doubt he let it go forever knowing that guy and his almost insane determination. He probably left a hint somewhere to lead his innocent self to where he buried the deathnote. And I like the contrast between his two personalities, showing how corrupt he became when using the book:

Normal Raito: L, I can't pretend to like Misa just to get information. Manipulating a girl's feelings like
    that would be wrong

Raito with the death note: Hmmmm..... I can seduce her, use her to get the names of my enemies, and
    then kill her. Nice.

Also it shows how similar L and Raito really are, and how they could have been freinds. I think that if they do it right that Raito rediscovering the book could be a very cool scene. I'm definately going to keep up with this one.

RE: Death Note

I know that he's gonna get the note back again, but in the meanwhile, it's so fucking annoyning to see him working for the cause of good... "ooh, i'm so sad that people are dying" is nothing compared to "go off to a secret place that only you know of, and then kill yourself, bitch".
    actaully, those two killings (the FBI and what's her name-o) are my favorites, a master piece of cruelity and determination, sucks to be one of Raito enemies..

Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

I have read only the first four chapters and like what i read so far. I like how L and Raitio challenge eachoter with thier minds.

Also where can i download chapter 5 and forward. I can find chapters 30 + but not older chaps.

You can get the older chapters here. The newes releases are here, through 46.

*** spoilers to 46 ***

I like how they manipulated that guy by telephone during the cooperate meeting, and I'm surprised they had Misa get her memories back before Raito, but, hey, evil Misa! They stopped right as things were getting good...

Thanks mae and im gonna read fast so i can talk about Death Note with you guys.

hey we dont kno if misa will get her memories back just from touching deathnote paper, we'll jus hav to wait n see [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

she probably will, since Raito (i refuse to call him Light) is\was planning to regain the death note after things cool off, and i doubt he'll be able to so without getting his memories back...

Is this manga every week?

well maybe raito will get the deathnote back and wont remember anything unless ryuuku comes back and tells him everything. misa seems pretty freaked out about remu so far, so maybe remu still needs to tell her about wut she did.

well 48 is released.
    http://pedobears.kickme.to
    #pedobears@irc.rizon.net

seems they only started at chapter 47.

the dl doesnt work. =[

Thanks for the link, kAi. To get it to work you have to right click, save, and then open the torrent from your computer.

ok, got it to work. thanks Mae [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

i'll check out this manga, but if it sucks... i'm banning all of you!
    www.rolleyes.net/

Financial aspect of my life is revealed.

i cant erad it cuz its in rar format... is there ne way i can read it?

Try downloading winrar... you can download it at download.com

BTW, excellent manga ! Thanks for letting everybody know about this [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Death Note

What wonderful manga and Raito must get Death Note back cause he was awsome when he had it!

As Mae said this manga would never work as an anime cause its about psychologic suspense.

EDIT: chapter 49 is also realesed in the site k gave link to if you didnt know.

Death Note

i just downloaded all of the manga,
    i was wondering what the extra stuff where (the fanart, parody, akamaru, and halloween)
    is it official stuff or fan stuff?

edit: does anyone know where i can find chaps 43-46?