Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kaleido Star

Kaleido Star

Plot Summary: Sora, a young girl from Japan, comes to America in search of her dream. She wants, with all her heart, to be a member of the famous Kaleido Stage, a combination of musicals, acrobatics and magical effects. With the help of her friends, she struggles to make this dream come true.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...me.php?id=1805

I just started watching Kaleido Star this weekend it was pretty good... I've only seen up to episode 26 from KSTP.... just waiting for them to finish it and start the next series also....

So any fans of Kaleido Star here?

Please if you are gonna discuss beyond episode 26 put up spoiler warnings...
    Last edited by Munsu; Sun, 09-13-2015 at 12:31 AM.

Kaleido Star

I love kaleido but i only seen 9 episode from KAA. Can u tell me the site to get up to 26? I been like waiting for KAA to sub the rest for like 2 months now.

Kaleido Star

you can get it of irc in rizon #kaleidostage they have a bot with all the episodes..

as for torrents... they dont have any...

anime-4ever has released up to 18... they may have torrents in www.anime-4ever.org not sure though since this is ADV and they may stay away from torrenting the episodes

Kaleido Star

Freedom Rise is still fansubbing this series. They are up to ep 41.

I really love this series too.

RE: Kaleido Star

if you want to get up ep 41, shinsen and phoenix anime subbed it til like 30 something and then were told to stop...freedom rise continued...it's a really nice series! but I stopped at ep 32 because i want freedom rise to finish subbing it. I'm not sure how long they will take so that's why i'm waiting, otherwise i'll go I want more More MORE! haha...

ive heard that freedom rise sucks... any truth to that?

well i haven't reached the episodes that they are subbing, but I will let you know when I do whether their subbing is good or not..i think their subs start at ep 35 or 36...somewhere around there

i'll just wait for KSTP then... it's good to keep it constant

Kaleido Star

hikaru004 is freedom rise a bittorent if it is can u give me the link to it? thx

Edit: If it's a irc wat name should i put on irc server?

Well, it's been 11 years since I watched the first season of this series... and recently noticed that I never finished it. Time to remedy that I guess. I recall really enjoying the first 26 episodes.

Anyone around here managed to watch this series? I know Ryllharu has recommended it throughout the years, but who else managed to watch it?

In any case, this is the version I'm downloading BD rip from joseole99:
    http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=13...ments=139e0758

And I'm getting the OVAs from here, you can download the series version from there as well if you prefer (you need to register though for the link to work):
    http://hi10anime.com/kaleido-star/ka...0p-dual-audio/

In any case, this seems to be a very underrated series so hopefully some of you who haven't given it a try take the time to watch it. By the same token, hope my continuation of the series holds up to my memory of it.

As mentioned, I'm a big fan of it and have watched it start to finish at least twice, maybe three times.

The original author also wrote Tamayura and did the series composition (though not original work) for ARIA and Ikoku Meiro no Croisee.

It's a unique series and it's got a very 90s feel to it. Kaleido Star is substantially more action-packed than any of those series. It's basically Behind the Scenes: Cirque du Soleil: The Anime.

Even with the dated art, it is visually stunning.

I wouldn't call it underrated so much as under-appreciated. It has very high ratings on AniDB and ANN.

Dammit Munsu, you're making me rewatch a bunch of series! First Chihayafuru and now I'm sure to watch this again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu View Post
    As mentioned, I'm a big fan of it and have watched it start to finish at least twice, maybe three times.

The original author also wrote Tamayura and did the series composition (though not original work) for ARIA and Ikoku Meiro no Croisee.

It's a unique series and it's got a very 90s feel to it. Kaleido Star is substantially more action-packed than any of those series. It's basically Behind the Scenes: Cirque du Soleil: The Anime.

Even with the dated art, it is visually stunning.

I wouldn't call it underrated so much as under-appreciated. It has very high ratings on AniDB and ANN.

Dammit Munsu, you're making me rewatch a bunch of series! First Chihayafuru and now I'm sure to watch this again.
    Yes, I guess under-appreciated is the correct way... maybe widely over looked?

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    Thanks for the suggestion. Finidjed ep4 and will start ep5. I like this kind of anime and I got one or more laughs each ep which is great.
    Last edited by David75; Sun, 09-13-2015 at 01:12 PM.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Quote Originally Posted by David75 View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion. I'm at ep3 now. I like this kind of anime and I got one or more laughs each ep which is great.
    Nice, I'm planning on watching from episode 26 or so next week. Let me know when you reach that point, if you get that far.

I might be there too next week. It's an easy to watch show.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

So I'm already at ep 26, the legendary manoeuver.It's an easy watch, quite nice, even if some eps were a little dull.
    Now that the main plot device is over, I wonder what will be the next one

Layla and Sora's rivalry/friendship is easily one of the best parts of the show. It's different from normal rivalries in anime because of the nice dynamic between strict professionalism (early Layla) and passion (Sora and later Layla).

It's strange that she's usually right when Sora is screwing up early on, because they can't betray the audience's expectations of a quality show for personal desires.

So I'm already at ep 26, the legendary manoeuver.It's an easy watch, quite nice, even if some eps were a little dull.
    Now that the main plot device is over, I wonder what will be the next one
    Cool. I just finished last night the series I was watching, so I'll get on this next. Will probably watching a few previous episodes to get some of my recollection back.

The last arc till ep 26 probably is better than mid season. It lacks the joy and freshness of the beggining, but although clearly in fantasy realm regarding body limits, that last spurt feels more grounded.

The last arc till ep 26 probably is better than mid season. It lacks the joy and freshness of the beggining, but although clearly in fantasy realm regarding body limits, that last spurt feels more grounded.
    Just watched from episode 23-26 to get back into rhythm. Seems like episodes 27-28 are summary episodes of the series so far, so I think I should be good to go with these handful of episodes without missing a beat.