Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MÄR: Märchen Awakens Romance

I'm freaking way behind, hopefully you've just motivated me to catch up. I'll probably do it this weekend at some point.

damn, two fights are over and still nothing good...
    Fight one was just "wooh, your father did the same last time, and apparntly I didn't learn anything new since then, damn you and your newly aquired generic arm!"
    the 2nd fight was even worse, one guy is a briteny fanboy and the other diggs Aguileira, then he uses the same arm as last time and wins for no reason.

maybe chimera and dorothy can make this better...

is anyone still reading this besides me?
    volume 13 was completly released, and we're going into the final two fights.

which will undoubtly suck.

and end up with someone throwing out a guardian.
    like every other stinking fight in the manga.

heck, the fights may suck, but at least those fights are going to advance the plot, it's been a while.
    also, on a diffrent notice, I'm giving the mangaka a big thumbs up on chimera's story... genius.

Again, me posting to myself...
    the final battle is now over.. Ginta Vs Phantom was cool right up to the last chapter.. I hate guardians.

but screw this, we're almost done and we still haven't seen the king, nor did we learn anything good about anyone. even Nanashi had a shitty revenge thing going on and nothing else.

I'm still very behind on the series, but you still have volume 15 and MÄR Omega... maybe they'll answer some of those questions or concerns you're having.

MAR Omega is a completely different series if I'm not mistaken. The Queen of the Chess is Diana. They never outright explained who the "king" was, but where the story is going now I'm just going to guess it's Yuki's father, who is married to Diana.

This series went downhill pretty fast. Recca was a lot better. At least they gave some personality to all of the main character's allies and even developed a lot of the villains.

god, they've managed to rush things even more in 150 & 151...
    it's like Nobuyoki just said to himself: "Dammit-chan! it's been 14 volumes-ruu, i've finished the tournament arc(eruu!) and still haven't done a 'free for all - catch eachother' arc(eruu!), i must hasten it so it won't make any sense what so ever!(ruu!)"

honestly:
    Ginta: Look out, gang! there's a bunch of peons ahead!
    Jack: don't worry, there's no need to waste two pages of all seven of us (the princess is gone, but the old man is here) kicking ass! i can finish them all in one panel!
    Ginta: cool deal, we defintally won't need a strong fighter in the close future!
    ---
    Ginta: Curses! more peons!
    Gaira (old man): worry not, sire, me and Nanashi here will beat them both, despite me being the one who taught you everything you know, and him still having some untapped power and untapped story to go through.
    Ginta: heck, why not. i won't be needing any help, even though i've just finished a boss fight.

Are they all idiots?

Well, I've just finished reading the final chapter... nice, if only the king would have had some real story rather than being the "dark lord" (castlevania), Mao (kamisama kaitou Jean) and the snake dragons (gate of death books) combined into an eva package...

also, I really hate ginta's last guardian, it never stops to annoy me with its' cheapness. Toto is always cool, though.

I finished as well. It was good for what is was, I guess-- typical shouen fare with a last minute twist and cheery resolution. This whole series was all about the one on one fights. The "I've gotten stronger/here's another Arm I had that I'll use now in the convenient pinch that I'm in" plot device (okay, maybe two plot devices =P) was unabashedly rampant and repetitive. It did make for relaxed reading though I don't think I was ever all that concerned for the good guys' lifespan since they had the biggest character shields I've seen since... One Piece, maybe

But One Piece is way better. And I'm rambling. Hit "Post Quick Reply" button and...