Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Types?

New Types?

I have heard this thrown about often and said on several Gundams, but I do not know what a new type is. So I figured to start a thread about it.

Question is , what is a new type and how does it play a role in Gundam Seed Destiny?

RE: New Types?

A newtype is simply put an advanced lifeform, similar to the coordinators of Seed.
    However they are NOT the same thing.
    Where coordinators are "better" at everything than the naturals, newtypes just have a few abilities that regular humans lack.
    The 2 most common, and important, of these:

1. The ability to sense other newtypes (this is what Mwu/Rau does in Seed and Rey/Neo in Destiny)
    2. The ability to steer "funnels" (little laser shooting mini cannons that can be steered separately from the ship/gundam they are attached to) this is used by Mwu & Neo in their respective ships and by Rau in his Providence gundam at the end of Seed

Another thing that some newtypes are the victims of is mental disorders.
    They become mentally instable and sometimes just plain crazy. The best example of this is probably Four Murasame from Z Gundam.
    Again, this is not the case for all newtypes. Though I'd guess Rau is a bit affected by it...

What is the role of newtypes in Seed/Destiny?
    It really isn't that big, it's more like a novelty IMO. Only the secondary characters are newtypes here and it doesn't affect the storyline.
    In the older gundam series, newtypes were very important to the plot as all the main characters of the first 3 TV series (and the greatest enemies too for that matter) were just that.

So to finish it up, they are humans with special abilities who are only in Seed/Destiny for the sake of novelty and for older gundam fans to recognize.

hmm from your explanation it sounds like coordinators have taken on the role that new types had in the first shows.

Indeed. Seed was originally meant to be a rehash of the very first gundam series... (oldtypes VS newtypes became naturals VS coordinators) but luckily the series didn't end up as just a remake... though it stole LOTS of stuff. If you ever see the first gundam TV series you'll know what I mean...

Dont first and second generation coordinators have a kind of esp?

New Types?

No. Newtypes are the only people that have ESP. If you mean the beserker mode Kira went into, no that is not ESP. It's him haveing the ability to see an enemy action or any action for that matter, caluculate what sould be done and execute it within a very short time period. Newtypes can for see that enemy action and deal with it as it's happening or even before.

berserker mode was bartfeldts way of desribing the seed mode right? or are they 2 diffrent things?

Originally posted by: Pervert-Sennin Jiraiya
    berserker mode was bartfeldts way of desribing the seed mode right? or are they 2 diffrent things?
    I think berserker mode was Bartfelds way of describing the seed mode. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

In Gundam-X ending it was revealed that newtype are just 'mutants'.
    Which also means that newtypes are born to be one by random? (where coordinators are genetically engineered).

Generally yes.
    But there are some people that have become newtypes by experimenting.
    These are the newtypes that often end up having mental disorders.

Jounin

hmm.. I have never heard of this before.. But then again i have only seen GZ, GS and now GSD.. I thought this thread was going to be about types of Mobile Suits [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

And you guys seem to know much about Gundam.. Can you guys list in what order the series comes?? And write how many movies (if any) there is in that series??

for example

Gundam Wing - 1 movie
    Gundam Seed
    Gundam Seed Destiny

I have for a long time been tempted to download all series but i want to be able to watch them in proper order..

New Types?

Sure, I'll give it a shot; by ordering them into their different "universes":

Universal Century (aka UC. The original universe where the majority of Gundams take place):

Gundam 0079 (TV. Also has 3 movies, but they are summaries of the TV series!)
    Z Gundam (TV)
    Gundam ZZ (TV)
    Char's Counterattack (movie)
    (These 4 above follow directly into each other, so watch them in order!)
    Gundam 0080: War in the pocket (OAV series about a young boy and his war fascination)
    Gundam 0083: Stardust memory (OAV series about lots of stuff)
    Gundam 08th MS Team (OAV series about some soldiers on the field so to speak. There's a summary movie available)
    V Gundam (The newest UC gundam, story-wise. It's still quite old though. I've heard it's quite good)
    Gundam F91 (A pretty cool Gundam movie)

After the Universal Century, things can be seen in any order really.

Future Century:

G Gundam (TV. It's a really weird show which centers on the fighting)

After Colony:

Gundam Wing (TV series. AVOID.)
    Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz (OAV continuation to the TV series. Movie summary available.)

After War:

Gundam X (TV series. Great show which handles "what if the earth was destroyed during UC?")

Correct Century:

Turn A Gundam (A very weird TV series which has clips from all the other universes. Again, VERY WEIRD.)

Cosmic Era:

Gundam Seed (Guess what!)
    Gundam Seed Astray (The 2 OAV episodes)
    Gundam Seed Destiny (WEEEEEEE!)

Live Action:

G-Savior (AVOIDABLE MOVIE!!!)

And then there are some computer animated things which aren't really worth to type out.

Hope this helped.

this is a post i did a while back...

"The first batch have the same universe and some are directly related to each other, this is the order i recommend:

Mobile Suit Gundam (First Gundam) - 42 episodes
    Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket - 6 episodes
    Mobile Suit Gundam: 08th MS Team - 12 episodes
    Mobile Suit Gundam: 08th MS Team : Miller's Report - 1 episodes
    Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory - 13 episodes
    Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam - 50 episodes
    Mobile Suit Gundam Double Zeta - 47 episodes
    Mobile Suit Gundam - Char`s Counterattack - 1 movie
    Mobile Suit Gundam F91 - 1 movie
    Mobile Suit V Gundam - 51 episodes

The rest are standalone and are on alternate universe (you can watch this whenever you want in the order you want)

G Gundam - 49 episodes
    Gundam Wing y Endless Waltz - 49 episodes y 1 movie
    After War Gundam X - 39 episodes
    Turn A Gundam - 50 episodes
    Gundam SEED and Gundam SEED DESTINY - 50 and ???? episodes (DESTINY starts airing after FMA ends)

If you are going to watch only one or two series y recommend Gundam SEED since it is the best.... and also Gundam Wing....

From the first batch i've only seen First Gundam so i dont know much....

If someone has extra info or corrections feel free to let me know"

It might not be correct so maybe someone can correct it... i did this using anidb

That order isn't bad either, if you are intending to watch exactly everything.

Jounin

Nice.. Nice indeed.. But whats that about an Seed OAV?? I'v not heard about that.. And i have hold myself pretty updated on Gundam since Seed started.. How could i have missed this *runs of looking for it*

BTW thx both to Terra and Budweineken.. I guess i have the next year or so to watch Gundam.. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

just look at animenfo and think a little and you might figure it out by your self d00d ^_~

Kyaaa!!! the G-Savior movie is so BAD!!!

Thats the worst gundam anything ever made. It's even worse than that half assed computer genrated gundam series where all the gundams are chiby style and talk and shit. The Ova's for seed is just a continuation that helps rap up what happened over the entire course of Seed. Don't really need to see them but are worth the watch if you have the time.

Originally posted by: Lefty
    Thats the worst gundam anything ever made. It's even worse than that half assed computer genrated gundam series where all the gundams are chiby style and talk and shit.

You mean SD Gundam?? [the chibi style gundams]. They rock so hard ^_^

New Types?

Aslong as you're not talking about Superior Defender then yes SD Gundam rocks. Newtypes are all throughout the original UC series of Gundam. People who were brought in by Wing, G, and SEED are missing out.

Have you guys seen the MSV shorts for Red Frame and Blue Frame? I just noticed I forgot 8th MS team in my first post to the favorite suit fans. Oh well. That was a good series.

As for the CG shorts. They are worth seeing. There will be one featuring MSV designs in the next one. The CGs are labeled as "Gundam Evolve". I wanna say currently there are 6 but it might just be 5. I don't feel like digging them out.

If people are gonna reccomend any series start with the origin of the shows. the original Mobile Suit Gundam. Sure its old school and Amuro is a whiny bitch but its where it all starts. Plus you won't be referred to as Winger or Seeders if you atleast get some UC gundam in your watched series lists. I personally liked MS 8th, 0083, Zeta, and V of UC the rest were okay but I hate Amuro and Char. Wing was okay but its more super robot than gundam. SEED I like since its almost a retelling of the original gundam but with newer animation and a different progression of the story after the first half where things get real interesting. I just can't watch the dub of SEED since its Carlos from Armada and Inuyasha's VA are in it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I just get frustrated with it. Favorite AU would be SEED its my favorite Gundam yet with X behind it followed by 0083 then Turn A then Zeta and Victory after that. I've own all the series and OVA is some form or another. Mostly the DVDs thou. If you get a chance order the Zeta boxed set off Amazon. And F91 also.

If you even want to consider yourself a fan of gundam you have to see the other series. Or you shouldn't be here.

okay cool man. do another topic if you want to discuss what a gunda mfan really is or bragging or what the hell you are doing. in this topic we discuss new types since you have watched many gundam series you should know about them use your superior gundam knowledge and tell us what you know.