Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chuunin matches

Chuunin matches

Sasuke doesn't need to use the speed for very long.

As I said in the Naruto vs Rock Lee fight, that match lasted about 2 seconds before Lee used his Konoha Senpuu and knocked Naruto out. And he was still wearing his weights when he did that.

Regardless of whether or not Sasuke would try to kill Naruto, at that point, I don't think Naruto would have won. Sasuke doesn't need a solid defense if his offense is that far out of Naruto's league.

Every fight that Naruto has won is because his opponent was not willing to kill him quickly.

His fight with Haku would have ended very quickly indeed if Haku just threw a needle at Naruto's heart or head.

His fight with Neji would have ended pretty quickly if Neji just tried to kill him instead of humiliating him by disabling his tenketsu. Remember, a blow to the heart with jyuuken is lethal regardless of how tough Naruto is. We already know that Naruto's heart is vulnerable (from the Kabuto fight).

His fight with Gaara would have ended quickly if Gaara wasn't just playing around with his sand shurikens.

His fights with Tsunade don't bear talking about.

His fight with Kabuto would have ended quickly if Kabuto just pulled out the knife in the very beginning, or hadn't been trying to convince him to run away.

Chuunin matches

And Sasuke wouldn't be willing to kill him either. Do you not pay attention when the show is on? They're rivals, not enemies.

Regardless, as I said, because of the fact that Sasuke-Gaara was delayed the way it was, he would have been forced to go straight from the Gaara fight to fighting Naruto. He wouldn't have rested, and would not have enough speed. The only reason Naruto went down to Lee that fast was because he was caught by surprise, and because Lee did use the Senpuu. Sasuke doesn't have any taijutsu specials, and wouldn't be that far out of Naruto's league. Also, Naruto wasn't using any replications against Lee, and he was massively weaker then. He spent a full month training with a Sannin since then. I'm quite sure he wouldn't go down as easy.

"Every fight that Naruto has won is because his opponent was not willing to kill him quickly."

Hence, Naruto wins. =P

RE: Chuunin matches

Didn't he own the kagari crew in chunnin exam? POW , down goes all 3 nins at the same time.

Chuunin matches

Originally posted by: Shippou-sama
    Sasuke doesn't have any taijutsu specials, and wouldn't be that far out of Naruto's league.
    wrong. sasuke has the lion combo he used on that chakra sucker.
    www.rolleyes.net/

Financial aspect of my life is revealed.

Chuunin matches

Originally posted by: Mut@t@
    Sasuke doesn't have any taijutsu specials, and wouldn't be that far out of Naruto's league.
    wrong. sasuke has the lion combo he used on that chakra sucker.
    Well Naruto has the Naruto Combo[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Chuunin matches

That's not really a special. I would consider that a combo, hence the name of it.

A taijutsu special is something like the kaiten, the Lotus, or the Konoha Senpuu. A special move that involves the use of chakra. Lion combo is just a series of attacks (though powerful). And, as noted, Naruto also has one, so they are still equal. =P

Chuunin matches

It isn't necessary to kill someone to beat them. If Naruto's enemies had focused on knocking him out or just disabling him (like Kisame was going to do), they should have had a pretty easy time with that too. Well, with the exception of Neji.

Also, we don't know just how tired out Sasuke was from his fight with Gaara. He looked eager to continue it when the 3 sand genins ran. He must have had plenty of stamina and chakra left to fight with.

Do you not pay attention when the show is on? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Chuunin matches

Indeed I do pay attention. Attention enough to know that he wasn't able to draw upon that speed in the entire chase with Gaara. Otherwise, how did it take so long to catch him? And how were Naruto, Sakura, and Pakkun able to keep pace with him?

The point is, Naruto was not nearly as weak in comparison to Sasuke as he once was. Frankly, they've always been closer than most of the characters thought they were, but at that point, they would be on level ground.

Chuunin matches

hmm.. sasuke has being growing cause of his rivalry with naruto and wanting to protect him.. (HAKU incidnet.. got sharingon..)... but kinda drawing back now.. due to his hatred toward itachi... and losing control...

where naruto is strong willed and determined as ever to be recognized and protect people..[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] not to mention that naruto is the main character... so if they fought at all... naruto will win..

Chuunin matches

Just because it took a while to catch them doesn't mean that he couldn't draw on his speed. There are any number of reasons that would account for the delay.

Traps set to stop him and taking time to track them as opposed to running all out are only 2 possibilities.

It is also possible that he was conserving stamina for the inevitable fight against 3 dangerous enemies. Sasuke is an intelligent ninja, and doesn't waste his resources. Why bother burning off stamina in a chase when you know you're bound to catch up anyway?

Naruto, Shika, and Sakura were able to keep pace because they had a tracker with them. It is also debatable whether or not they actually "kept pace". Considering the head start that the sand ninjas and Sasuke had, and the time it took before the cavalry arrived, we can't draw any accurate conclusion about whether or not the trackers managed to keep up.

What we do know is that Shino is freakin' fast [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

In any case, it seems that Naruto and Sasuke are very nearly on even ground at the moment.

Chuunin matches

If Sasuke was capable of using the speed, why didn't he use it when he caught up with Gaara? Because he was out. Lee mentioned that he wouldn't be able to use that speed very long at all.

At this point, however, it's two fanboys arguing. You clearly support Sasuke, and believe he would win. Cool, good job, etc. I clearly support Naruto. Cool, good job, etc. I think we can stop spamming about what would or wouldn't happen, since we both know there's no way to prove it. Even if they fought in the anime now, they'd be at completely different levels, since Sasuke has been incapacitated all this time, and Naruto has been training with Jiraiya.

If you think Sasuke would win, you're allowed to. If I think Naruto would win, I'm allowed to. I will never convince you that Naruto would win, and you'll never convince me that Sasuke could win. You can't seem to see my point of view, and I can't seem to see your point of view.

What I keep trying to say, but am too long-winded to say briefly, is let's just agree to disagree, okay?

@ Deblas: Huh? How so?

Chuunin matches

No problem.

I actually prefer Naruto overall anyway

Awesome user with default custom title Deblas's Avatar

Chuunin matches

your're an inspiration to us all Shippou-sama

--------------------------------"THE DROPOUT CREW"-------------------------------
    ___________________Captain Dropout For Life__________________

Chuunin matches

lol.. we just have to wait and see how much they will grow later on.. (how strong they will get

Chuunin matches

If Sasuke was capable of using the speed, why didn't he use it when he caught up with Gaara? Because he was out. Lee mentioned that he wouldn't be able to use that speed very long at all.

At this point, however, it's two fanboys arguing. You clearly support Sasuke, and believe he would win. Cool, good <A TITLE="Click for more information about job" STYLE="text-decoration: none; border-bottom: medium solid green;" HREF="http://search.targetwords.com/u.search?x=5977|1||||job|AA1VDw">job</A>, etc. I clearly support Naruto. Cool, good job, etc. I think we can stop spamming about what would or wouldn't happen, since we both know there's no way to prove it. Even if they fought in the <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=anime&v=56">anime</a> now, they'd be at completely different levels, since Sasuke has been incapacitated all this <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=time&v=56">time</a>, and Naruto has been <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=training&v=56">training</a> with Jiraiya.

If you think Sasuke would win, you're allowed to. If I think Naruto would win, I'm allowed to. I will never convince you that Naruto would win, and you'll never convince me that Sasuke could win. You can't seem to see my point of view, and I can't seem to see your point of view.

What I keep trying to say, but am too long-winded to say briefly, is let's just agree to disagree, okay?

@ Deblas: Huh? How so?
    well i guess its because you write a lot. don't worry im not flaming you[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

--------------------------------"THE DROPOUT CREW"-------------------------------

whats with all the links in that quote?

Oh, cool. Umm, thanks, I guess. ^_^;;

Originally posted by: KaneInferno
    whats with all the links in that quote?
    I don't know. It happens sometimes when I quote somebody though

Chuunin matches

So Naruto kind of won that tournament eh?

Cool.

And for my money, Naruto deserves to be a Chunnin given the circumstances of the test.
    One on one really does not give you many opportunities to use strategy or your qualities as a team leader.
    Plus Naruto used really clever tactics in EVERY one of his fights.

Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
    i dunno if you noticed.....but they kinda unofficially concluded the main matches the same way they wouldve officially had it not been for the war

shino still fought kankuro (double KO)
    sasuke still fought gaara (and lost)
    naruto fought the winner of the sasuke/gaara match, which happened to be gaara (and naruto won)

really, the only match that never happened was temari vs the winner of the naruto/gaara match...but i dont think it wouldve been necessary to show the outcome of THAT match

EDIT: btw, you cant say shino won.....if both him and kankuro lost consciousness as a result of the match.
    In fact, kankuro was able to recover on his own later, shino needed the help of his dad.

Chuunin matches

The reason Naruto won't be a Chuunin based on these exams is because he was willing to win at any cost, which, by extension, can include the lives of those under his command. Since Chuunin will have to make decisions like that, you have to be willing to place the lives of your team over that of simple victory.