Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Naruto's arsenal

RE: Naruto's arsenal

Originally posted by: Stoopider
    Shoot bolts of lightning from his eyes, spit fire from his mouth, and thunders from his arse.
    Hmm, got yourself a WC3 game right there, lol.
    Guess I'll just shut up about this anyways. Seems like people won't listen to my reasoning.

The difference between chidori and rasengan is not their power difference, but their efficiency. Sasuke can only use 2 chodoris in one day, any more will kill him. Naruto can use rasengan over and over and over...and over without any damage to his body.

Also, rasengan doesn't require any seals so it's moch more versatile.
    e.g. You got your hands tired up behind you, but you can still use rasengan to cut the rope and free yourself. You can't do that with chidori.
    You can use rasengan for a lot of things without worrying about anything, but you can't do that for chidori since it takes a huge toll on your body.

Originally posted by: BOARD_of_command
    The difference between chidori and rasengan is not their power difference, but their efficiency. Sasuke can only use 2 chodoris in one day, any more will kill him. Naruto can use rasengan over and over and over...and over without any damage to his body.

e.g. You got your hands tired up behind you, but you can still use rasengan to cut the rope and free yourself. You can't do that with chidori.
    You can use rasengan for a lot of things without worrying about anything, but you can't do that for chidori since it takes a huge toll on your body.
    you're wrong, naruto's hand was burned.

rasengan is also much more powerful than chidori (from what i think anyways) cuz there are only 3 ppl who can do it, naruto, jiraiya and the fourth. or maybe chidori is only sasuke and kakashi? hmm but rasengan seems more powerful and i guess its also more versatile as seen in episode 104...

This MIGHT be a weakness for Chidori, but is the Sharingan required? I don't really think so since I think the Sharingan just helps make the target easier to connect with, not to mention dodge some attacks (Sasuke vs Gaara).

i dont think sharingan is required for anything except the huge advantage to see htrough the attack

Originally posted by: jing
    Originally posted by: BOARD_of_command

you're wrong, naruto's hand was burned.
    I know someone would bring up the hand thing...that doesn't count.

Except that Sasuke used Chidori I believe 4 times against Gaara that one day, and he lived (though he did have a chance to die on the 4th use, he still used it 3 times without the seal).

This MIGHT be a weakness for Chidori, but is the Sharingan required? I don't really think so since I think the Sharingan just helps make the target easier to connect with, not to mention dodge some attacks (Sasuke vs Gaara).
    Yes, Sharingan is required to use the Chidori, as stated by Kakashi in one of the training flashbacks. Sasuke has to be able to predict the movement of his target, or else he cannot dodge any attack they might throw at him, since he puts all his power into running and straight-thrusting (as explained by Gai, and an example given by Rock Lee).

I know someone would bring up the hand thing...that doesn't count.
    It quite counts. Without Kyuubi's regenerative powers, Naruto could burn his hands off using the technique too much. Remember, he's rotating a very condensed mass of air on his hand, you can't do that without taking some kind of damage after a while, even if it's contained.

Originally posted by: ZakuHan
    Except that Sasuke used Chidori I believe 4 times against Gaara that one day, and he lived (though he did have a chance to die on the 4th use, he still used it 3 times without the seal).
    wrong, sasuke used it only three times. he used the curse seal on this third attempt.
    www.rolleyes.net/

Financial aspect of my life is revealed.

hmm yeah he used cursed seal..

i believe kakashi said it would be real bad for him to do more than 2 expecailly cause of the cursed seal...... not sure if he said he would die...

Naruto's arsenal

Lesse.. He used it the initial time charging off the wall, then again so he could cut his arm out of the sand shell.. Then once in an attempt to kill Gaara in the woods (which missed and he merely split the sand arm down the middle, which regenerated), then he did a last-ditch one involving the cursed seal which completely cut off said sand arm (just watched that epsisode too, coincidentally).

I know some people debate whether he actually used the Chidori getting his arm free, but if you watch, while his arm is inside the shell and his hand is on Gaara, he clearly is not using it.. Until you see him futiley trying to pull his arm out then finally starts the Chidori up again to cut it out.

Naruto's arsenal

Originally posted by: ZakuHan
    Lesse.. He used it the initial time charging off the wall, then again so he could cut his arm out of the sand shell.. Then once in an attempt to kill Gaara in the woods (which missed and he merely split the sand arm down the middle, which regenerated), then he did a last-ditch one involving the cursed seal which completely cut off said sand arm (just watched that epsisode too, coincidentally).

I know some people debate whether he actually used the Chidori getting his arm free, but if you watch, while his arm is inside the shell and his hand is on Gaara, he clearly is not using it.. Until you see him futiley trying to pull his arm out then finally starts the Chidori up again to cut it out.
    that's a continuation of the first chidori. after the initial strike, the chidori gradually dies down but sasuke fired it up again to pull it out. it counts as one.

the entire point of kakashi telling sasuke that he shouldn't use chidori three times and sasuke needing to use the curse seal for the final chidori is good enough support to tell us that sasuke used chidori 3 times.
    www.rolleyes.net/

Financial aspect of my life is revealed.

Naruto's arsenal

that's a continuation of the first chidori. after the initial strike, the chidori gradually dies down but sasuke fired it up again to pull it out. it counts as one.

the entire point of kakashi telling sasuke that he shouldn't use chidori three times and sasuke needing to use the curse seal for the final chidori is good enough support to tell us that sasuke used chidori 3 times.
    I can see where you'd get that, but if you recall while he's fighting in the woods there's atleast one point you can watch Chidori die down as you describe it. This isn't something we see though in the arena. He cuts through the sand shield, and it stops. I don't know how long it took for Gaara to flip out over the wound and get over the initial shock, but he didn't try to pull his arm out again until after that.

If he did have the Chidori still running (if not visible) during all that time, I think it's safe to say he used up enough Chakra to have used it twice anyway.

Naruto's arsenal

Once again, this is a timing issue. All that mental anguish could have happened in an instant. Plus, Sasuke's hand was inside the shield (possibly even inside Gaara), so we can't tell if the chidori completely died down. In any case, if Kakashi said it was two times max (safely), and Sasuke was debating whether or not to use it the third time, I think it's safe to say that he used it three times, with the seal on the last.

As for the old "you have to have the sharingan to use chidori", I'm pretty sure that the sharingan is there to read movement and adjust one's aim. You can still use chidori without sharingan, but since it's just a straight thrust, you'll probably:

1) Miss
    2) Get hit with a counter-attack

That episode was called "Over the limit". Sasuke used chidori 3 times, not 4, and the third one would have killed him if it wasn't for the cursed seal. For the third chidori, he summons some chakra, then it dies down, then he uses the cursed seal to summon more chakra and does chidori.

Still, 3 chidoris is nothing compared to how many times Naruto can use rasengan in one day.

Naruto's arsenal

Once again, this is a timing issue. All that mental anguish could have happened in an instant. Plus, Sasuke's hand was inside the shield (possibly even inside Gaara), so we can't tell if the chidori completely died down. In any case, if Kakashi said it was two times max (safely), and Sasuke was debating whether or not to use it the third time, I think it's safe to say that he used it three times, with the seal on the last.
    You get a shot of Sasuke's hand on Gaara's shoulder, where he wounded him. There's clearly no chirping or sparkling Chakra anywhere.

Naruto's arsenal

Maybe Sasuke just did a mini Chidori to get himself out. That shouldn't waste too much chakra to limit him to only 1 Chidori.

You can't do chidori with one hand since it requires a 2-hand seal.

Awesome user with default custom title Deblas's Avatar

I've never seen a hand seal to do the chidori or maybe I just don't remember

--------------------------------"THE DROPOUT CREW"-------------------------------
    ___________________Captain Dropout For Life__________________

Yes, there are hand seals. The only time hand seals were not shown was when Sasuke tried to hit Itachi. Even then, it is assumed that he was doing the seals, but we just couldn't see it.