Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: whats so great about FABLE anyway?

RE: whats so great about FABLE anyway?

Originally posted by: chambers
    ssbm didnt at first more people like it now they relize how deep it is supposedly......i think its trash i just prefere quicker bouts of one on one that doesnt include random weapons and stages that can kill you.

hey still only plyaed abit of fble but its really looking top so far.
    well then uh.......why dont you............turn off the items and always play the FINAL DESTINATION stage?
    there was actually a half-year period where me and my friends did just that, and you can HARDLY blame your loss on randomness in that situation.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

yeah fables been a bit grat for me so far. but it does have its flaws. it seems to me like magic will be massivly overpowered in the game (iam using bow an arrows and still lighttning is a strong move without any upgrades its stronger than my normal attack

Admittedly, SSBM is the only game I'll miss on the Gamecube.

I think Fable is great. Maybe because i havn't heard so much about it. But it was
    Peter Molyneux who talked about how great it was going to be.

Still it's a really great game.

Fable is the shitznit. the game is way longer if you take the time and explore. And you can be evil......... very very evil........... hehehe

i mean how many times can you kill your sister and get the best sword in the game? still i couldn't time it right to get the skorm's bow...... damn it

WTF you can kill her and get a sword??? How and when do you do it cause I already did the mission to fight dual sword or twin sword when she revealed herself as the seer.

(Aeon's Top 5 Anime ATM)One Piece,Shakugan no Shana Second,Gundam 00,Naruto,Bleach

You have much to learn, my young Padawan apprentice. =b

It's later on in the game, the sword is admitedly hoss.

Tales of Symphonia is taking care of me nicely, but I'm waiting for the FMA game right now.

May have to get Tribes: Vengeance.... temptation... turning... soul... black... must... set... turrets...

i actually changed my mind about fable last night afte ran extended play sesion. one of the things i like most was the games AI in the village's the way the know who you are.....but its just bullshit to be honest. heres why. first of all the villagers call you a name, i believe the default is chicken chaser (if you chased/kicked chickens or not) the only way to change this name is to BUY a new one. WTF? thats not clever. its like saying oh ill be called ranger for today then buying it. the names should have been given out by your actions much like the redundant description you have. another point ithought was goo at first was how the people reacted to you when you were evil, i was walking through a village and people were runing away scared! but then i left the village and found some new clothes with a high attractive rating popped them on and voila men and women alike were falling at my feet. did they just forget the fact i was thrown ou of the town? or that i was just minutes ago punching them in the face? its not a clever system they react to the clothes you have on. nothign to do with your actions. i know right now (not being very far into the game) that i wont replay it. begin good or bad effects the way you play VERY little. you dont have changeing storys for each good and bad. heck even BG has a more differing storyline when being good and evil compared to this. fighting is fairley decent but theres so little variety in weapons and versions of each weapon (such as sword for example i have encountered 3 types and wouldnt be surprised if there were only 5 in the entire game). it also seems there is no peanalty placed on your magic skills for taking traits in physical options when you level up, or vice versa. so effectivley you can master everything, or at least be proficint with it all.

yeah, the first impression i had with fable was that every time you play, its a different experience.
    but i was wrong
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

yeah i mean its so much so the same game that you could effectivley stara new game and save it after 15 mins and everytime you playa new game end up with the so called "diffrent" game each time. all thats diffrent is your alignment. even BG STRIPS fable in terms of having a diffrent game each time and it was released what 6 years before fable? iam so disapointed i dont even think ill copy this game, i was going to keep the original but not ne more....