Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Naruto 103 Discussion

RE: Naruto 103 Discussion

Originally posted by: Assassin
    ok, heres a few facts so ppl dont say idiotic tihngs anymore....

Fact: Naruto is NOT a chuunin. Infact, NOBODY is yet. it doesn't matter what you think, or how many hints they've given, until somebody in the anime actually *SAY's* that so and so are chuunins, we consider them to be genins

Fact: Sakura DID NOT train under Tsunade. It was was just a sarcastic note put in by AH. Learn to read!

Fact: This "Filler" saga is an official part of the anime. anything that happens automatically becomes officia. Just because its not in the manga doesn't mean its not real.

Fact: "Anime only" fans dont care (for the most part) about the filler arc, nor are we desperate about the anime getting "back to the manga story line". We dont know the manga storyline anyway, so we dont give a fuck. its all new stuff to us. if you dont like the ep, thats fine, but stop complaining that u want to get back to the manga storyline. we have the Open Discussion forum for that.

Now, as for this ep, i thought it was good. i liked how they'v introduced some twists like the relation to ibiki, and how the "lucky" ninjas have returned. but i agree that idate is fucked up. hes a little panzy. and is he supposed to be from konoha? his character is a mix of haku and that little runt from the zabuza arc which is kind of lame, cuz both things have been done already.

Amen to that.

What's with people saying this is the worst episode ever? Man, you guys have a terrible memory. I can think of half a dozen different episodes that were worse than this.

In any case, I liked it. So what if it's a filler ep? It's still fun to see Naruto and his team fighting side by side again. We've seen so many eps where their group is completely outclassed by a superior enemy (at least in appearance) that it's nice to see them fighting with relatively comparable enemies.

And Naruto actually useful at the start of the fight? That's unheard of. He usually gets his ass kicked around for a while before he does something cool [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Maybe he's maturing [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Naruto 103 Discussion

Fact: Naruto is NOT a chuunin. Infact, NOBODY is yet. it doesn't matter what you think, or how many hints they've given, until somebody in the anime actually *SAY's* that so and so are chuunins, we consider them to be genins
    Naruto was just bragging about it, since apparently for him surviving the exam = Chuunin status.

Didn't Shikamaru tell Naruto he was becoming a Chuunin when Naruto returned with Tsunade?

I for one, am giving this arc a chance. Even as a manga reader. I saw the anime first, and i always liked the feeling of not knowing what was happening next in the anime. This is the perfect chance to observe the arc Objectively, since we dont know in advance what happens. The start is a little average though, but ill still give it a chance.
    "You'll soon see what Gotham City is like without fear, and it won't be pretty. Fear is the glue that holds society together, it's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear. Is power." - The Scarecrow

Naruto 103 Discussion

pfft cubekingdom, sonic, shadow and dr. robotnick(yes robotnick i refuse to say that gay ass name eggman) are all sega creations, damn nintendo think you can just use good creations like that

Naruto 103 Discussion

Originally posted by: DeathscytheVII

Didn't Shikamaru tell Naruto he was becoming a Chuunin when Naruto returned with Tsunade?
    nah he didnt. i checked and he didn't say anything about becoming a chuunin. perhaps the translations were wrong?.....

Naruto 103 Discussion

For now, we only know that Naruto thinks hes a chunnin, after all he let Ibiki imply he was so (or does my memory play tricks with me)
    As for Naruto being promoted chunnin, we saw Tsunade checking everyones portfolio out, shes seen Naruto in action and thinks hes a future hokage, so any promotions to chunnin with her signature on are bound to include Naruto.

Naruto 103 Discussion

FACT. Naruto is NOT a Chuunin. Manga spoilers back that.

u have got to be fucking kidding me? delete that spoiling shit now. fuckin moron.

seriously.......you guys are being lame
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Just please read the facts from what Assassin wrote down. That perfectly matches what is going on in the story.

Not to insult the translators at AH, but I noticed that sometimes, it's much different compared to other translators.

Example: when Kabuto was attacking Tsunade while Naruto was wondering what was going on.

ANBU/AonE translation: You're real slow noticing things, Naruto. That's why you can't compete against Sasuke.

AH translation: You're really too weak, Naruto. That's why you can't go against Sasuke.

As you can see, the first sentence is very different. Since most people here d/l the ANBU or AonE version, the AH people would most likely be confused.

kooshi..........there are a LOT of less accurate translations than that, i honestly cant watch AH for 5 minutes without finding a horrible mistranslation
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Naruto 103 Discussion

I'm happy that I downalod from aone, the translation is the best...AH translate much things false....

Awesome user with default custom title Jman's Avatar

Naruto 103 Discussion

Chiyo, NO spoilers in the anime section. plz Edit your post and remove it.

\/no prob. just thought i'd let u know since some ppl really really take it to heart when anime get spoiled 4them

Formerly known as 'Animemaster'

Naruto 103 Discussion

sorry, but AH translate so much crap....

I have edited it...

Originally posted by: Konoha Rek
    sasuke did it before, and all they'd hafta do with sakura is effing tell her how (remember the tree?)

but naruto doing it himself would have been rather effective.
    Eh?? When did Sasuke walk on water????

Naruto 103 Discussion

Originally posted by: CUE
    Originally posted by: BOARD_of_command
    Originally posted by: CUE
    And why are they running like fucking retards? Seriously, I don't think I've seen ANYONE run with their arms like that. Cmon.
    All Naruto characters run like that. You should've known by now.
    ..no they don't. Only time this entire series I've seen them run like that is orochimaru and.. zabuza. That was after they both of them couldn't use their arms.

Maybe kabuto, but he's fucking queer.
    ever see Ninja Scroll? the beginning part, with all the ninjas who die from the 1st demons double sided sword thing? they ran with their arms flapping behind them

it MAY have something to do with speed? Perhaps if they flap behind you, they streamline with the wind, and therefore, no wind resistance is created. When people run, they naturally pump their arms to get their body moving, and keep it moving, although i actually think you could run faster if you had your arms behind you like in this ep...

anyone else agree?

Originally posted by: wirm
    What's with people saying this is the worst episode ever? Man, you guys have a terrible memory. I can think of half a dozen different episodes that were worse than this.
    hmm...

- sakura vs ino
    - any ep focusing on Konohamaru (about 3 or 4 here)
    - the episode RIGHT after the haku/zabuza battle ends completely
    - ep 102

Naruto 103 Discussion

Originally posted by: basey_69
    pfft cubekingdom, sonic, shadow and dr. robotnick(yes robotnick i refuse to say that gay ass name eggman) are all sega creations, damn nintendo think you can just use good creations like that
    uh yeah.....you do realize.....that sega WANTS to release sonic games on gamecube, right? now that they dont have their own console, their only alternative would be to do nothing and file bankrupcy
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

What ass made you Moderator ? =) I always disagree with you, that's no good if you're mod =(
    http://wowsphere.com/concept6.jpg
    Working on my future Warhammer Online journal, criticism demanded. Yes it's supposed to be that size.

yeah yeah, you disagree with anyone who makes valid statements

that doesnt leave much for mod material by your definition [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

wth looks like there gonna be changes sasurka is acully gonna do things! and er....well pretty good ep decent action..[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Naruto 103 Discussion

Originally posted by: ssjtrunks585
    ever see Ninja Scroll? the beginning part, with all the ninjas who die from the 1st demons double sided sword thing? they ran with their arms flapping behind them

it MAY have something to do with speed? Perhaps if they flap behind you, they streamline with the wind, and therefore, no wind resistance is created. When people run, they naturally pump their arms to get their body moving, and keep it moving, although i actually think you could run faster if you had your arms behind you like in this ep...
    Actually, no. If you leave your arms flapping behind you, then that puts mass at your back, which actually slows you down. Your arms would actually create more air resistance because they're dragging behind you. You can't generate lift with your arms anyways.

The purpose of pumping your arms is to keep your mass balanced. Run around your room for a bit. You'll notice that you always pump the arm opposite to the leg that's thrusting you. A forward arm pump by your right arm neutralizes the leftward thrust generated by the left leg, and vise versa. If you don't pump your arms then you can easily fall over, especially running at high speeds.