Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Naruto 102 Discussion

RE: Naruto 102 Discussion

You know, I didn't agree with everyone that the last one sucked...

But this episode was just horrid. And it looks like it's getting more horrid.

This is like watching fucking pokemon. I think I'm going to stop watching until the manga arc starts back up again.

I actually liked the ep[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img], It wasnt as bad as the specials.

(Aeon's Top 5 Anime ATM)One Piece,Shakugan no Shana Second,Gundam 00,Naruto,Bleach

Originally posted by: thundrakkon
    The episode was ok. There wasn't that many new ideas, and some of things did not make complete sense, but it was ok. I agree that sending a couple of 1st year Genins on B-Rank missions without Kakashi doesn't make sense, but I'll that's the way they want it.

Oh yeah, with all the talk about Lee, what's going on with him? Tsunade finally raises her percentage to cure him at 58%, and then suddenly they stop? Is she like, "let's let Lee suffer for bit in agony and pain even though I can probably cure him right now, and Gai also agreed that Lee should do the surgery"? It is kind of weird that Naruto and co. are doing all these missions and extending Lee's pain.
    That is assuming that this episode isn't supposed to be happening at the same time as the episodes focusing on Lee. They could be doing this mission while Lee is going to ask her ect. It was poorly explained but I hope my idea got across.

I think this episode was better than the previous one by alot and I figure the runner is the new character they were talking about being only in the anime.

Also I agree that the mission may have been ranked B because Kakashi was not going with them so with him it may have been ranked lower.

I think they didn't want kakashi in the show because it'd be absurdly easy. It wouldn't really matter how strong the opponents naruto and company would run into, kakashi would somehow own them.

Also I think they didn't want him in there because he's also absurdly fast, probably faster than the runner dude. It'd kinda skew the whole thing.

1. sasuke doesn't have the stamina to be as fast as lee for long, kakashi said that during his fight with gaara.

2. they are alone because half of the villages ninja's are dead since the attack, they can't spare a jounin for a b rank mission right now and still be able to do all their A rank missions.

3. I didn't mind the episode it'a not gonna progress the story any but it could be an ok side story as long as it doesn't go more than 3-4 episodes, anything more than that and it's gonna be dragging.

It makes me wonder if Lee could beat that guy in race. It looks like they have similar learning techniques, but lee's insanely fast and put a lot of practice into it.

@aznj50: Even if they are stronger, they are still only gennin.

the strength difference between a high-level genin and a chunnin isnt to high because obviously naruto and sasuke is in contention for a chunnin upgrade. Naruto and sasuke could probably beat most of the weaker chunnins and naruto could probably beat nearly all if he uses kyuubi. hell if anything bad happens summon gamabunta :lol:
    B-rank mission is easier then the first mission they had and gaara was able to complete a B rank mission pretty easily.

that ep was better than i expected, however i wouldve loved to see naruto kagebunshin the dude when they were arguing in the street, er when they were comparing hokage to the leader and naruto got called a jockey or something

im sad that sasuke didn't unleash his badass speed
    hopefully next time he will.
    When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments. Here was a machine of precision and balance for the convenience of man. And (unlike subsequent inventions for man's convenience) the more he used it, the fitter his body became. Here, for once, was a product of man's brain that was entirely beneficial to those who used it, and of no harm or irritation to others. Progress should have stopped when man invented the bicycle. ~Elizabeth West, Hovel in theHills

Hm, as far for FINALLY no filler and the reasonable animation (Sakura looked like a dog for a moment) I'd say this was an ok episode.
    For bringing in a new storyline... I think this one is far better then any special we've had, plus the fact that we will be getting some fastpased action at last, brings the hope to me, that I can accept this break in the öfficial"storyline .

The only thing that bothers me is that the new scriptwriter(s) tend to go overboard with the whole "stupid/dumb Naruto" thing ... I'm not watching the series to JUST see Naruto behave foolish, I want him to own.
    Als , the one thing we are seeing here, is that Naruto is taking the lead.. I was like..WTF :?:?:?.. Sasuke would NEVER accept the lead from Naruto, not even if it would mean his death..

2ct
    http://wowsphere.com/concept6.jpg
    Working on my future Warhammer Online journal, criticism demanded. Yes it's supposed to be that size.

I thought that it was a decent episode. Better than I expected. The only let down in the whole episode was the crappy animation in some of its parts. I liked the runner guy. He's cool and has a personality somewhat similar to Naruto. The villain ninja looks queer.

Ok , I think it'll be like the mission in the country of the waves , expect long but nice story.

aw long, i was kinda expecting a bit of a conclusion this ep, seems like i expected too much
    wen it ended i was like "thats it!?" haha i actually wanted to see what happens next

Originally posted by: ?igma

The only thing that bothers me is that the new scriptwriter(s) tend to go overboard with the whole "stupid/dumb Naruto" thing ... I'm not watching the series to JUST see Naruto behave foolish, I want him to own.
    Als , the one thing we are seeing here, is that Naruto is taking the lead.. I was like..WTF :?:?:?.. Sasuke would NEVER accept the lead from Naruto, not even if it would mean his death..

2ct
    I agree there. Both here and in the las special episode one of the "spotlights" was Naruto being an idiot. For instance, remember the deal with the dog poo? It wasn't even funny!! And noooo, we had to endure it for the entire fuggin' special!!
    So I know Naruto isn't the sharpest tool in the shed (probably one of the dullest), but he isn't that idiotic either...

However, I still thing this filler was better than the last one. Maybe because the "Moyanin" were just so, so, so bad and so gay it wasn't even funny.

無理してここまでやってきて これからもすっと同じだろう
    それでも何かを信じたい 心の奥の声

Naruto 102 Discussion

Personally, I enjoyed the episode. Interesting concept for a story...and it made that "chase" episode from a while back not so bad, where tsunade was with the leader of the wasabi clan....At least Jorouchi wasn't completely unimportant.

Originally posted by: Terracosmo

And wtf, B-mission "with the possability of A-mission" WITHOUT Kakashi and they didn't even flinch?! I thought a freakin' C-mission was rare for a genin.

Oh and Kagari and his jolly pack of masked moron ninjas with disturbing outfits will be back next week! Should make a particular poster happy...
    [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] Of course I'm happy...the return of the mist nins....lucky....i hope they don't suck it up again.

But terra, These are no ordinary genins.

Tsunade saw Naruto battle Kabuto, and he's grown tremedously since the Zabuza mission (which was A-rank, and they did quite well.) She knows he can handle it.

Second, sasuke has chidori and sharingan, not to mention he is STILL one RUDE ass ninja, pwn3d by itachi or not. Don't forget he stood toe to toe with many a foe, even oroe. (the extra E on oro was for rhyming effect.)

Third, we have Sakura...

she's pretty smart, I guess. and she sure learned alot about sitting and purchasing flowers and items...which are important skills to have during a mission...

lucky....

Again, I'm quite sure the entire village of Konoha knows that those 3 aren't normal genin. But still, genin should get genin mission except a few VERY special cases (remember the big deal about Gaara finishing a B-rank mission). Now I'm not saying that the whole thing is unthinkable, but I'm saying that THEY RECEIVED A POTENTIAL A-RANK MISSION AND DIDN'T EVEN FLINCH! Even if they ARE good, they should react and everybody around was like mega-calm even though Kakashi wasn't with them. Just comes across as lame IMO.

You're right about Jorouchi. I actually had already forgotten his last apperance when we saw him this time. It's a good thing that they link the fillers together, makes it feel kinda like Fullmetal Alchemist where even the fillers had some sort of significance in the end.

Originally posted by: Jessper
    That is assuming that this episode isn't supposed to be happening at the same time as the episodes focusing on Lee. They could be doing this mission while Lee is going to ask her ect. It was poorly explained but I hope my idea got across.

I think this episode was better than the previous one by alot and I figure the runner is the new character they were talking about being only in the anime.

Also I agree that the mission may have been ranked B because Kakashi was not going with them so with him it may have been ranked lower.
    It could be possible that the Lee operation could be happening at the same time, but this is just too out of place. Build up the drama, and then let's joke around for the next few episodes. I mean, it's only his life... Let's shove it aside for awhile... I do hope that they are concurrent because if they are going to wait for Naruto and co. to come back from all their missions before doing the Lee surgery, that would be just aweful.

As for the mission being a B rank, didn't Tsunade figure that something must be wrong when the representatives did not arrive? That means there could be a possibility of an enemy threat that could of killed that envoy, so B rank seems to be correct, with or without Kakashi. Now, with her saying that it has potential to be A rank, what is a bunch of Genins doing on an A rank mission without their sensei? Don't they have Chuunins to do this sort of thing? I agree with Terra that their reaction to this was lame. Naruto should have shown a lot more excitement or something.

I really liked this episode, and I think I'm going to like this whole story arc. It reminds me alot of the Country of Wave mission. Looking at the episode, I can't see any reason why a Naruto fan would dislike it other than plain old anti-filler elitism.

Well I think whoever came up with this arc did a decent job and I'm looking forward to Team 7 fighting against ninjas of their own level without any high-level support.

Considering that we're past episode 100 now and this is only the second mission they've gone into depth on, I'm quite pleased with it.

I think Sakura needs to buy killerplants =)
    http://wowsphere.com/concept6.jpg
    Working on my future Warhammer Online journal, criticism demanded. Yes it's supposed to be that size.