Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Naruto on [adultswim]

RE: Naruto on [adultswim]

Keep the fan subs. The original is always better than voice overs. I wouldn't watch an English Naruto.

Gets more ass than a toilet seat! Eurasian's Avatar

Naruto on [adultswim]

i heard that Viz is selling the licensing of naruto and they won't say who got naruto and when it's gonna be aired until their magazine comes out (i heard it comes out at the end of the month in japan).

i like fansubs. i don't mind adultswim either. but i just can't wait a couple years for them to catch up to where naruto is right now. my only request for dub is the passion in the voices. some talk monotonously...that's when i hate it.

I tried my best...

Naruto on [adultswim]

adult swim is NOT a good source for animes. family guy is ok being on there, but as far as anime goes, its pretty much dookie. and when i say dookie, its with a short fart after i say it. thats how i think of adult swim. if you think adult swim is a good source for anime, I #$%@*& HATE YOU.

Naruto on [adultswim]

Adult Swim makes me miss Sci-Fi Channel's old "Saturday Anime" segments... they usta show some of the rarer fare.

Well I don't live in the states so I don't even know what this Adultswim channel is. I doubt that it would get very popular in North America because they would have to cut out all the violence, which ruins the plot.

For example, in the beginning of the Zabuza mission, Naruto stabbed his own hand to show how his devotion. They'd either have to censor this part or cut it out.

Most people in North America probably won't even understand the story because it's purely based on Japanese culture and traditions. Unlike shows such as Pokemon or Yugioh, Naruto is set in a very traditional setting, one which is hard for most westerners to appreciate.

i will say that adult swim is the best choice. it is nothing like toonami. i enjoy bebop,trigun, and inuyasha, they do a good job of keeping the episodes intact. but i still will not watch until the event i described in my earlier post happens.

Naruto on [adultswim]

That would never happen.

Btw, if you don't know what's up with my avatar, go to www.ugoff.com

What I would like to see happen is somebody just picking up the license, paying for the script of TW or ANBU/AONE clean up grammar or typos, or get somebody who won't translate the ninpos into something retarded (explaining it at the top with an asterixed note is perfectly acceptable) and not censoring it, any of it. If it has to be put on at like 1 am, I personally think it's better than having it in the afternoon, edited. If it absolutely must be dubbed, whoever gets it would have pay through the teeth for some serious voice talent otherwise it could very easily be ruined. Watching an episode of DBZ, I found it terrible that the young Trunks was voiced by a dude that had a deeper voice than my dad, absolutely no excuse for that. Maybe it was just here in Canada, but watching dubbed anime is often very painful.

Naruto on [adultswim]

Man you guys, hating americans lol, no offense but the japanese version of naruto sound like screaming girls or most of all the characters on each anime sound like it. Like dragonballz that was the most horrible voices i heard, lol. But I love anime and i love azn people for making better animations and even though im american i really hate our cartoon shows, I would say azn people have the best talents in orchestra, intelligence and animation. But our comedy is alot funnier, but all in all keep up the good work and it would suck if you guys stopped anime!!!! Oh and im like 30 percent azn too or like 15 percent around that. it would also suck on adult swim or whatever just taking all of the blood and guts and all the bad parts out i mean it says "Adult" swim. I love the azn people!
    No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you when he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you. I am your enemy from now on. From now on, I am your teacher."
    -Mazer Rackham

Naruto on [adultswim]

Originally posted by: Paulyboy
    Man you guys, hating americans lol, no offense but the japanese version of naruto sound like screaming girls or most of all the characters on each anime sound like it. Like dragonballz that was the most horrible voices i heard, lol. But I love anime and i love azn people for making better animations and even though im american i really hate our cartoon shows, I would say azn people have the best talents in orchestra, intelligence and animation. But our comedy is alot funnier, but all in all keep up the good work and it would suck if you guys stopped anime!!!! Oh and im like 30 percent azn too or like 15 percent around that. it would also suck on adult swim or whatever just taking all of the blood and guts and all the bad parts out i mean it says "Adult" swim. I love the azn people!

...That's the stupidest thing I've heard all day. "I hate japanese voices, and their humor, but it's alright, I'm 15 percent azn, LOL"

Obviously voice acting changes per show, not all asians have bad voices, unless you're not used to hearing it. Americans can even surpass the original voices, Princess mononoke comes to mind. But for the most part they don't. Especially since naruto in particular has some good voice actors.

Naruto on [adultswim]

wtf are you talking about "japanese version of naruto"
    IT IS made in japan after all

they use womens voices because they feel that it protrays the character better, women are better at changing their voices to sound manlike (no offence in ay way to those of you out there)
    little boys arent that good at voice acting,

the good ones ive seen with great voiceovers that matched the characters pretty good are cowboy bebop and golden boy, so if they search hard enough and find a good one itll be alright

if, and im saying IF, it does come to the US on any station, i would say it should be on adultswim
    i dont want friggin gay ass WB fucking it up or anything

Naruto on [adultswim]

Darrell's Kickboxing Adventure, anyone?

http://www.animefringe.com/magazine/...special/03.php

Naruto on [adultswim]

Omg 4kids would do anything to get money and viewers to watch there stuff man they are sad dude, and also im freaking white, puerto rican, and azn man lol. So i guess the azness comes from how i like animes, whiteness must come from listening to rock, and puerto ricans must come from how i like bueritos [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]. Also im not saying all azn voices are bad im justt saying on mostly all animes they sound like girls all the time but most of the voices are cool, like kakashi and sasuke but naruto sounds like a girl even though he is but id just use a guys voice though but to tell you the truth he does kinda sound like a 14 year old kid so im seeing what your trying to say tensai, dont get offended lol
    No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you when he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you. I am your enemy from now on. From now on, I am your teacher."
    -Mazer Rackham

I've never heard of that site, so it better be a joke...

lmao that is the funniest thing that ive read wouldnt mind if they made a cartoon like that would be quite funny just as long as they dont licence naruto cause then thats just WRONG!!

Really if u think about it, If naruto is going to be licensed, I think Adultswim would be one of the best choices for it to be aired.

You have to understand companies want MONEY. THey dont care about what we think. However adult swim tries to keep it as original as possible, and doesn't usually censore as much(because its late at night). However, i REALLY REALLY doubt adult swim will get it because its such a popular anime

Its basicly a money pot, and who ever licenses it will want everyone to see it, because it appeals to so many different age groups. Trigun, inu yasa, they dont appeal to younger kids. Naruto does.

So yeah I think out of all the current American channels(except international channel, which really isn't one) adult swim would be the best, because they are also concerned about the anime itself instead of just making money.

Chances are, with all likelyhood, Naruto will end up on Adult Swim, or perhaps that one anime network I don't get at college. It's more the type of show they play there, after all. I don't mind this; good anime needs decent exposure, after all.

However, the question is, who will liscence it?

I hypothesize that no one will have to worry about the dub.

Naruto is simply not the kind of show 4Kids is looking for. From episode one, there is perversion, bloody violence, graffiti and anger. Therefore, it seems logical they won't waste their time editing every single scene.

No, Naruto is more in line series wise with, say, Dragon Ball or Yu Yu Hakusho, series liscenced by FUNimation. Or perhaps, other long Shonen series, like say, Berserk or Rurouni Kenshin, series liscenced by Media Blasters (my own personal hope, since they have Outtakes on their DVDs.)

However, when it gets down to it, worrying about a dub at the moment is futile.

While a dub of a series as popular as Naruto is inevitable, I wager it will not happen for at least two more years.

Simply put, the anime is at 101 episodes, and from what I can tell, not even close to it's halfway point. It's way to early for a series such as this to be liscenced. Anyone remember what Dragon Ball was at when it started being liscenced (no, really, I have no clue?) I KNOW Conan didn't get liscenced until it was in it's high-200s, low 300s. One Piece got liscenced at 180-something. I'm FAIRLY certain Kenshin didn't get licsenced until it finished at 95.

So, my advice to all you worriers? Stop worrying about it. Naruto won't be liscensed for a while, and you will have uncut DVDs for it no matter who liscences it. Besides, you'll probably have a job anyway by the time it's liscenced, so you can put your money to good use and support anime the way it's meant to be supported!

And that's all I have to say on this subject. Have a nice day.

Naruto on [adultswim]

Originally posted by: ForgottenSpiral
    Darrell's Kickboxing Adventure, anyone?

http://www.animefringe.com/magazine/...special/03.php
    Oh god, If 4Kids actually did that...

However, 4Kids knows that quality translated Japanese animation is not what people want these days, and has instead opted for a more universal and Americanized version known as "Darrell's Kickboxing Adventure!" It focuses on Darrell's journey to be the best in the ancient and powerful art of Taebo, and it is filled with many life-encouraging lessons for today's youth.

Lil' Dip (Kakashi): Half-Hispanic and Half-African American, this affirmatively minority character is the son of Dipcardo and Yom (maiden name Amma) Rodriguez (Lil' Dip being the Jr.). Raised in the South Bronx, Dip Jr. found his love for both Taebo and Salsa music at an early age, along with his fascination for hip-hop.
    These two are the funniest things I have ever read. Especially the on about "Lil-Dip"

Originally posted by: BOARD_of_command
    Most people in North America probably won't even understand the story because it's purely based on Japanese culture and traditions. Unlike shows such as Pokemon or Yugioh, Naruto is set in a very traditional setting, one which is hard for most westerners to appreciate.
    yeah.......
    If kenshin was successful in the US.....then i dont think Naruto would have ANY problem
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Naruto on [adultswim]

...Yes. People who're watching anime can appreciate the japanese culture anyway. "very traditional japanese setting". The fuck are you smoking? Since when is "konoha" In japan? When can they perform JUTSUs. Stupidest fucking thing ever, it's obviously a fantasy world that alludes to Japanese culture. It was made in JAPAN.

You ever watch pokemon? That alludes to Japanese culture just as much, even moreso. They had hotsprings in that too, ramen, tatamis.

How about tenchi muyo? That was about a japanese schoolboy that lives on a shinto shrine. And that was incredibly popular here in america. What about the inrcedibly Japanese Naruto plot won't westerners get?