Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Naruto on [adultswim]

Naruto on [adultswim]

Ahoy Pirates...

The question floating around lately is Naruto made for American Viewers? I am a member at the forum at [adultswim] and I was wondering if I could get some insight from other sources. The majority of the people at the swim, really dont have logic, so maybe I can see if anyone here has any. Not to be rude or mean, but because opinions vary from board to board.

Heres your job, say your piece about Naruto making it on the air on any network. Please, be thorough and state a logical statement. I am writing a thread at [adultswim] as well about this cartoon and pressing for it to get bought ASAP. If all goes well, I can show that others are up for it and post there replys.

The reason, have you seen the foxbox preview of One piece? They killed the cartoon with crap voice overs and major cut outs. I am only trying to save naurto from becoming the same. I think [adultswim] is narutos best chance for survival in American voice overs. Please, make your cause! I will be back tomorrow to check up on this thread and post support and my opinions. Thank you, and I hope to hear from you all.
    [img]i/expressions/moon.gif[/img]

Naruto on [adultswim]

sure, I guess it would be better.
    but most people here would rather keep watching the fansubs even if it shown on TV; they are just way better.

Naruto on [adultswim]

Originally posted by: Aramis
    sure, I guess it would be better.
    but most people here would rather keep watching the fansubs even if it shown on TV; they are just way better.
    Ya, if it had to be licensed(at which point most groups stop subbing it) I would choose adult swim. However I do think I would fight to have it licensed because that would make most groups stop so we would have to wait for them to get it ready then watch it at that time.

Naruto on [adultswim]

Do not... i repeat do not do voiceovers of anything, it makes it sucky and lame..... period!§

i can only say one thing, because i come from a country that speaks a minor language as our mother tongue... learn to read your own fricking language and stop doing voice overs of everything... it makes you discriminate and worse at reading.... embrace litteracy!!!!!!!

FANSUBS FOREVER!§!!!

ps. i would buy the fansubs if they came out on dvd.... yet i would NEVER buy voice overs....

Naruto on [adultswim]

Originally posted by: DeadalouS

i would buy the fansubs if they came out on dvd.... yet i would NEVER buy voice overs....

Same here. I can't see myself paying for shitty american actors. Sasuke would be Steven Slicer, or something gay like that. Wtf is a Joey wheeler?!?!

lucky....

RE: Naruto on [adultswim]

a license is never good i dont know anything about this adultswim channel since im not american. the best thing for the ppl that dont live in america which is alot of ppl btw is for the show to not become lisenced.

I made a thread about this beforehand, and I fought for the licensing of Naruto. I still would fight for it, simply because for the 30k of us that d/l one episode a week, there's easily 10x that many people that will get into this show when it has been licensed and released in the states. I do want the Japanese track to stay on there, but I'll definitely buy the DVDs when they are released (unless they charge $30 for 3 episode DVDs, which is unlikely).

After a year, we usually get subbed japanese version DVD's ..never had any voice overs..

dont want them either..
    http://wowsphere.com/concept6.jpg
    Working on my future Warhammer Online journal, criticism demanded. Yes it's supposed to be that size.

Licensing and subbing is what has created the high popularity Anime is in the US market today. Yeah, I do admit that many dubs done by the American studios (4Kids as a major culprit) have reduced the enjoyment of the show and sometimes ruin it (Knights of the Zodiac anyone?), but without those licensing, there will be a minimum market. Money makes the world go around.

The re-writing of the story is the worst thing they can ever do. It makes the show just dumb (extreme case once again is Knights of the Zodiac).

As for Naruto on Adultswim, it is a better idea than most, but the most important thing is who is going to license the Anime. Even if Naruto is shown on Adultswim, if 4Kids or DIC Entertainment licenses it, the product will probably be not as good, unless they change their way of dubbing. From my experience, ADV and Bandai do an okay job, and Funimation is not too bad except for the editing that they do quite a bit. Pioneer (now Geneon) is still my favorite, even though their choice in dub actors are questionable at times.

as long as they don't cut out anything i don't care where it's aired if it ever is released they should do an uncesored dvd release and i'll definately buy it

Naruto on [adultswim]

Originally posted by: lonasjonas
    I am writing a thread at [adultswim] as well about this cartoon and pressing for it to get bought ASAP. [img][/img]

This is already the wrong way to approach people.
    It's not the smurfs, it's not a cartoon

On adult swim? That'd be horrible. I actually like the voices they picked thus-far, I'd rather not have some stupid american doing the voice of Kakashi.

It wouldn't affect me anyway, not only do I not have that channel, I watch the raw of naruto anyway.

I'm not patient enough to wait for whoever to license naruto and then dub probably only 26 eps a year. that would suck. I hated when i started watching DBZ and yuu yuu hakusho and they would get to a certain point(not the end) and start it all over and you had to wait a year or more before they ever had new eps and still they may not go to the end of a series. it would take like 5-6 years before we ever got back to the latest episode of naruto and i'm just to impatient for that. why wait when you can have it now/

Sig made by Lucifus

i would only watch a dubbed version if they taught the current voice actors english and had them do it. otherwise it would suck.

eh it wouldnt be that bad, inuyasha is on adult swim and it isnt too bad at all, same goes for trigun and bebop which are staples on there.

Do not do anything at all jeez......... its not like there is something wrong with downloading them online now. Why complicate things.

Yes I'm sure all of us here prefer fansubs. But the question is...should [adultswim] persue this anime - before other groups like foxbox or bandai grab the series and dub/edit it to hell (poor voice cast, poor translations, any and all blood removed, etc).

[adultswim] would be one of my top choices if Naruto ever did become licensed. I believe they do a pretty good job of representing the original conception. Whether I would watch it would be another matter. For most people around these forums, we've gotten used to hearing the voice cast for Naruto. So usually its not a matter of the dub quality, we're just not accustom to hearing them talk in english. I personally, wish someone would be a little ambitious with thier licensing and attempt to sub an entire series.

I'm glad that Naruto hasn't be licensed. It probably doesn't get a lot of attention because most people don't see the marketability of a ninja series in the US. But then again what the hell do I know about the US target audience?

I would definitely rather wait a week at a time and spend a few hours downloading to get the latest and better episodes of Naruto then have to wait a few years to watch the sucky Americanized episode...

I do not personally watch Adult Swim.....so I cant say much on the quality of the "american" version....though from what Ive seen on regular "Toonami" they really suck.....

And you know if they brought Naruto into America they would cut out a HELL of a lot of stuff....

It's dangerous to go alone. Take Nep.

Adult Swim itself is not a dubbing company, it all depends on the company that gets Naruto. If Pioneer or FUNimation got it, there is a good chance of it being on Adult Swim. However, if Satan-- err... 4Kids got it, there is a very good chance of it coming to the FoxBox.

Naruto on [adultswim]

No.

No dubbing period.

If 4kids grabs it thers gonna be a killing spree at their office.

It'll be the most humane thing to do to those people.

Killing them will be more merciful than what the Naruto fans will do.