Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: web page layout

RE: web page layout

yeah you should probably use a different colour then the blue..
    but other than that it looks good.

web page layout

i've made a couple layouts in the past, but im not very talented and i know they can be really hard to make. however, i learned a lot about layouts and what makes them good. first of all that default blue does not appear well on monitors and isnt very pleasing to the eyes. you want something thats soft and is easy on the eyes. what really puts a website together and attractive is a theme. without a theme to your layout its like you just kinda cluttered different sections of your website and tossed them where ever. its gotta be clean and images that make up your layout look very nice. my suggestion would be learn some stuff with photoshop like making cool borders, work with colors and use dreamweaver to piece everything together. dreamweaver will help you find mistakes that would cause errors in any browser. if there are no errors detected its most likely it'll work in every browser. like anything thats hard it just takes some practice and actual studying that will help you make better layouts. and just a little suggestion, learning php wouldnt hurt a bit either.

helpful links

http://www.good-tutorials.com - photoshop tuts
    http://www.hotscripts.com - cool pre-made stuff you can maybe use on your website

good luck

It's not that blue is bad, it's that BRIGHT blue is bad.

Dont mean to steal the spot light, but I just finished making my site. Comments, tips, etc are welcome [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
    (click sig to go to it)

stop stealing the spot light.

it wont let me change my profile, and my sig is messed up.. so here's the link:

SPOTLIGHT --------------------> click

Originally posted by: HaganeKotetsu
    It's not that blue is bad, it's that BRIGHT blue is bad.

Dont mean to steal the spot light, but I just finished making my site. Comments, tips, etc are welcome [img][/img]
    (click sig to go to it)
    i would recommend doing something with that plain white area, other than that its great.

web page layout

Originally posted by: HaganeKotetsu
    it wont let me change my profile, and my sig is messed up.. so here's the link:

SPOTLIGHT --------------------> click
    nice color scheme and style you got going
    although it seems to be a little too big for 1024x768 (there shouldnt ever be a horizontal scrollbar for 1024, unless its just an image that is deliberately large)

also if you want the naruto characters lined up nicely on the right side of the screen, and onizuka lined up nicely on the bottom left, you should look into CSS [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

edit: oh its for 1152x864?? you know, you'd be lucky to find 5% of the viewers who go to your site to use that resolution [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

web page layout

for some reason it wouldnt let me edit my last reply so this is what i was going to add.

i just read the shout-box area on your website. there are a couple shout-out boxes that do not need php/mysql, some run on txt databases. there are also a couple website that host free shout boxes, sometimes with a small text link somewhere. some host give you a nice cp to change the colors/font of your box and also has ip bans and word filters too.

web page layout

thx for all the comments [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

yeah, i realize i'm the only one in the world using 1152x864, but its what fits my monitor perfectly. on my screen everything looks perfect [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] maybe i'll take a ss and say "if it doesn't look like this... u suck." HEHE

i found a couple that hosted shoutboxes, but i dont want any of that extra add/link stuff they have. i'll be sure to look for the text based ones!

and am i the only one who can not edit my profile? an avatar and proper sig would be nice [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

thats another thing i forgot to tell you, html is no longer allowed, only bbcode. [*img][*/img], [*L=Name of Link]http://www.yourwebsite.com[*/L], etc. of course without the *

web page layout

i noticed. i tried to make an image a link, wich i think isn't allowed.

edit: i cant seem to find any text based shoutboxes [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]