Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chakra Theory

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Chakra Theory

This is my first post so dont be so hard. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
    When I first heard the word chakra on naruto I just thought cool at least they didnt use ki like so many more anime.
    Now for my coment. The other day I was channel surfing when I heard chakra and to my surprice it turns out that it is this hall theory about inner energy and ways of controling it to benefit your health not only that but they where also talking about all the chakra holes the it flows out of, even more surprising was that they also talked about the nine gates that they showed on the gaara vs lee figth.
    At least for me it was really surpricing to see that the creator actually based this anime on a none japanese theory

Signature by Lucifus

RE: Chakra Theory

that theory is originally from asia i think, if anyone got more info please give it to us. and its only 8 gates in naruto not 9.

Chakra Theory

Originally posted by: Pervert-Sennin Jiraiya
    that theory is originally from asia i think, if anyone got more info please give it to us. and its only 8 gates in naruto not 9.
    chakra is based in the hindu tradition. there are 7 major chakra centers located from the based of the spine up to the top of the head. i wonder how kishimoto came up with 8 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Chakra Theory

maybe he thought 8 would be more fun?

Chakra Theory

Originally posted by: basey_69
    maybe he thought 8 would be more fun?
    or maybe he thought "i am the artist i could do whatever i want, i could make Naruto use kagebunshins"

Chakra Theory

Originally posted by: kenshi
    chakra is based in the hindu tradition. there are 7 major chakra centers located from the based of the spine up to the top of the head. i wonder how kishimoto came up with 8 [img][/img]
    and hindu is mostly located in india right? which makes the theory asian. on the gate things i have no comment all i know is that in naruto there are 8 gates.

Chakra Theory

While we are on this ninja based subject. does anyone know why they always use a log for the replacment technique? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] they use this in a lot of other anime also.

Signature by Lucifus

Chakra Theory

cos theres always heaps of perfectly cut logs lying around, duh

Chakra Theory

and hindu is mostly located in india right? which makes the theory asian.
    did i disagree with you on origin of the theory? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] if i sounded like i was, my apologies.

Chakra Theory

Originally posted by: kenshi
    chakra is based in the hindu tradition. there are 7 major chakra centers located from the based of the spine up to the top of the head. i wonder how kishimoto came up with 8 [img][/img]

Chakra isn't only a Hindu belife, it also shows up in Budist belifes. 8 is a square number, making it more acceptable to people, 7 isn't so the reasoning of the extra Gate is simple, it makes people like it more.

Also the 8th gate may be refering to the base of human thought also refered to as a Gate in Budism. The gates are also not only alocated along the spine, they go to the feet. It is a main nerv system that the gates follow.

One last thing, there are litteral "gates" in the nerves system, the "gates" are what controle pain, and how we feel pain. There are 5 alond the spine, 2 at the brain stem, one in the brain, 8 in all. People can train themselves to close off the gates, leading to not feeling pain as normal people would. This may be what the gates in Naruto are talking about.

One thing that dosn't fit in with Hindu or Budist belife though, is that Monks, not ninja, are said to be able to harness and control chakra.

So no matter which way you look at it, the gates and chakra in the show do not fit into any real world belife.

ha....thats nothing.....
    a bunch of the different characters themselves are based on mythologies as well.....like oro, jiraiya, tsunade....and i believe sasuke was some legendary ninja as well
    also, ninjutsu is actually a martial art, and the use of hand seals is based on ancient stuff as well
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Also that pill that kabuto uses was an actual pill that was suppose to substitude entire meals.
    but there is no actual records of any of them just rumors since ninja stuff was suppost to be secret

Signature by Lucifus

Yup he was a legendary ninja alright. Sasuke Sarutobi. The ranks of the ninjas (Genin, Chunnin, Jounin) are also based on ninja stuff.

thats whats so great with naruto he has based alot of stuff on mythology and history. btw kyuubi and shukaku(the tanuki) are also mythology based.

I have heard of the stuff you mention. I like how Naruto is based around this kinda stuff.

I have heard that people say they can control Chakra by using needles at certain points of your body, although never seen the 8 gates theory anywhere else.

Some universities have programs on Chakra...

lol why did you put a question as the answer? i have no idea why they do it with a log maybe it has some kind of hidden meaning...

lol why did you put a question as the answer?
    Sorry I clicked it by mistake [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Signature by Lucifus

Chakra Theory

EDIT: Whoops Double Post.

woa........deja vu....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07