Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chakra Theory

RE: Chakra Theory

Originally posted by: Pervert-Sennin Jiraiya
    lol why did you put a question as the answer?
    Sorry I clicked it by mistake [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Signature by Lucifus

Chakra Theory

Originally posted by: kenshi
    Originally posted by: Pervert-Sennin Jiraiya
    that theory is originally from asia i think, if anyone got more info please give it to us. and its only 8 gates in naruto not 9.
    chakra is based in the hindu tradition. there are 7 major chakra centers located from the based of the spine up to the top of the head. i wonder how kishimoto came up with 8 [img][/img]

Chakra isn't only a Hindu belife, it also shows up in Budist belifes. 8 is a square number, making it more acceptable to people, 7 isn't so the reasoning of the extra Gate is simple, it makes people like it more.

Also the 8th gate may be refering to the base of human thought also refered to as a Gate in Budism. The gates are also not only alocated along the spine, they go to the feet. It is a main nerv system that the gates follow.

One last thing, there are litteral "gates" in the nerves system, the "gates" are what controle pain, and how we feel pain. There are 5 alond the spine, 2 at the brain stem, one in the brain, 8 in all. People can train themselves to close off the gates, leading to not feeling pain as normal people would. This may be what the gates in Naruto are talking about.

One thing that dosn't fit in with Hindu or Budist belife though, is that Monks, not ninja, are said to be able to harness and control chakra.

So no matter which way you look at it, the gates and chakra in the show do not fit into any real world belife.

Chakra Theory

i believe hand seals were used for concetration...not sure though

here's a theory:

so far we seen four different types of chakra:
    blue: normal
    red: kyubi
    purple: cursed
    green: the gates

just thought id throw that out

also the mangekyou sharingan techniques: amaterasu, and tsukiyumi (sp?) are brother and sister, amatersu = goddess of the sun, tsukiyumi = god of the moon, but there is also another brother who is god of winds, storms, and ocean (susanowa)...who didnt get along with amaterasu...which leads me to think there is one more mangekyou technique.

susanowa also slayed the eight headed dragon koshi, and by defeating him got kusanagi no tsurugi, which i believe is orochimarus sword...

orochimarus sword kusanagi comes from the yamato no orochi which was a 8 headed snake slayed by a prince... thats what i read anyway.

yeah i also read that susanowa slayed yamato no orochi and got the kusanagi...so yeah it could be that one..

ok yea, it seems that we were thinking of the same thing.. maybe it was that susnowa but im certain that it was the yamato no orochi.

yeah..
    i liked to know this kinda stuff...its interesting..
    you know the Kamaitachi is a japanese monster that looks like a weasel...heh
    kama = sickle, itachi = weasel

if any one has any sites that have myths and so on...please put up!

No matter what the reason, I think we are all reading way way way too much into this. Its just an anime, a TV show. It dosn't matter where he got the ideas, or what they all mean, hell its a show.

ummm we know its a tv show we kinda watch it...whats wrong with looking at where he got his ideas from...?? it just shows you what he uses, i just think it is interesting to know...if you dont like dont come into this thread, simple...

I'm not saying that, I know every one knows its a show, well at least most, for some people it can be hard to tell. Anyway, I'm just saying some people are reading way way into it.

For all we know, he made every aspect up, just thought it up. Or he used several in unison, along with some made up things. Things about it is we wont know until, ether, we ask him, and he tells us, or he just for some reason tells everyone.

Lasers? Cookies? FTW!
    (universally beloved
    moderator ex-emerita)

Originally posted by: Einzelgänger
    For all we know, he made every aspect up, just thought it up. Or he used several in unison, along with some made up things. Things about it is we wont know until, ether, we ask him, and he tells us, or he just for some reason tells everyone.
    Exactly! If we knew, it wouldn't be half as fun to discuss. I like the uncertainty, because it allows room for speculation. I think it's awesome that people are researching into all the mythology. Even if we find out eventually that this had nothing to do with the ideas in Naruto, at least we've all learned a bit about some neat history and mythology.

I'm not saying that, I know every one knows its a show, well at least most, for some people it can be hard to tell. Anyway, I'm just saying some people are reading way way into it.

yea right. he made up several things that exists in asian mythology. thats very smart of you. of course he didnt make those things up. he did indeed borrow them from asian mythology. even a halfdead cat can figure that out with his blown up ass.

Chakra is your soul. When you do jutsu's you barrow your soul to the almighty jutsu god. If you lose your soul, you'll die. When you rest the jutsu god gives you your soul

-_-

You missed the point. And took wording out of context.

There are alot of differences in his way of presenting it, and the Asian belifes. He borrowed the name thats about it. I never said he didn't borrow, I said he may have made all aspects up, an aspect is a part, not a name. Read befor you bash me ok?

Oh one last thing, it's not Asian Mythology, is an aspect in a religion, a belife. Not a fictitious story.

I also like how you seem to have the need to use profanity to get a point across, can't just talk now can ya, gotta compensate for not knowing something? Or is it you just think it sounds cool to use profanity when its not nessisary?

Anyway, like I said, for all we know, he made up everything but the name.

Chakra Theory

The word chakra is Sanskrit for wheel or disk and signifies one of seven basic energy centers in the body. Each of these centers correlates to major nerve ganglia branching forth from the spinal column. In addition the chakras also correlate to levels of consciousness, archetypal elements, developmental stages of life, colors, sounds, body functions, and much, much more. Below is a brief description of each chakra.

Chakra Seven:
    Thought, Universal identity, oriented to self-knowledge
    This is the crown chakra that relates to consciousness as pure awareness. It is our connection to the greater world beyond, to a timeless, spaceless place of all-knowing. When developed, this chakra brings us knowledge, wisdom, understanding, spiritual connection, and bliss.

Chakra Six:
    Light, Archetypal identity, oriented to self-reflection
    This chakra is known as the brow chakra or third eye center. It is related to the act of seeing, both physically and intuitively. As such it opens our psychic faculties and our understanding of archetypal levels. When healthy it allows us to see clearly, in effect, letting us "see the big picture."

Chakra Five:
    Sound, Creative identity, oriented to self-expression
    This is the chakra located in the throat and is thus related to communication and creativity. Here we experience the world symbolically through vibration, such as the vibration of sound representing language.

Chakra Four:
    Air, Social identity, oriented to self-acceptance
    This chakra is called the heart chakra and is the middle chakra in a system of seven. It is related to love and is the integrator of opposites in the psyche: mind and body, male and female, persona and shadow, ego and unity. A healthy fourth chakra allows us to love deeply, feel compassion, have a deep sense of peace and centeredness

Chakra Three:
    Fire, Ego identity, oriented to self-definition
    This chakra is known as the power chakra, located in the solar plexus. It rules our personal power, will, and autonomy, as well as our metabolism. When healthy, this chakra brings us energy, effectiveness, spontaneity, and non-dominating power.

Chakra Two:
    Water, Emotional identity, oriented to self-gratification
    The second chakra, located in the abdomen, lower back, and sexual organs, is related to the element water, and to emotions and sexuality. It connects us to others through feeling, desire, sensation, and movement. Ideally this chakra brings us fluidity and grace, depth of feeling, sexual fulfillment, and the ability to accept change.

Chakra One:
    Earth, Physical identity, oriented to self-preservation
    Located at the base of the spine, this chakra forms our foundation. It represents the element earth, and is therefore related to our survival instincts, and to our sense of grounding and connection to our bodies and the physical plane. Ideally this chakra brings us health, prosperity, security, and dynamic presence.

an extract from the web site found HERE

There are also some referances to the 8th chakra in some religious and spiritual texts sometimes called the astral chakra we probabley refer to this in the west as a sixth sense type thing as it refers to a connetion to realms beyond the physical body.
    This however is taken not from asian religion but from celtic which also has similaritys to the hindu chakras in the way the other 7 are described although never reffered to as chakra

there are some instances of the 8th chakra in asian relligion but my general knowlage of this is a bit limited i'll have to research this matter further

How much do i suck with photoshop?

was The Next Hokage

he may have just borrowed the names but since jiraiya, tsunade and orochimaru are related in the show and also were in the mythological story about them. its more likely that he used certain aspect from the story to and not just the names. i think its the same with for example kyuubi. a kitsune that grows 1 tail each 100 years until it gets nine tails. i know for a fact that he didnt just borrow jiraiyas name since he was a wizard called gama-sennin. and gama means toad . jiraya uses toad jutsus and summons.

Chakra Theory

No matter what the reason, I think we are all reading way way way too much into this. Its just an anime, a TV show. It dosn't matter where he got the ideas, or what they all mean, hell its a show.
    Heh, always someone like this in every thread.
    What's the point of this kind of post anyway? Of course it's "just a show".
    But appearently, people here doesn't take it as simple as you do. So just keep it to yourself man.

i read something on the gama-sennin and it was like all three of them (jiraiya, orochimaru, and tsunade) were the one person known as gama-sennin