Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Backstory

RE: Backstory

There is a real strong purpose behind Zaku's flashback...it's to show that Zaku isn't necessarily an Evil character. He had hopes and dreams (much like naruto), but his encounter was with Oro brought him on the wrong path. that's what i like about the series...with the exception of a few, most "evil" or "bad" characters have a reason for being the way they are.

it's similar to gaara and haku's flashbacks, as well...yet I don't hear people calling kishimoto an idiot for doing those stories.

lucky....

Backstory

Well said.

The whole point of the flashback was to illistrate how sadistic and manipulative Orchimaru is. Thats why he has so many cannon fodder followers. I personally loved that flashback. Orchimaru turning little orphan kids into expendable weapons, got to love it. Makes him one of my favorite villains.

Originally posted by: Kagari
    There is a real strong purpose behind Zaku's flashback...it's to show that Zaku isn't necessarily an Evil character. He had hopes and dreams (much like naruto), but his encounter was with Oro brought him on the wrong path. that's what i like about the series...with the exception of a few, most "evil" or "bad" characters have a reason for being the way they are.

it's similar to gaara and haku's flashbacks, as well...yet I don't hear people calling kishimoto an idiot for doing those stories.

In the flashback, is Zaku being beaten up because he steal some bread. Then if he is stealing some bread he is a bad kid.

u've got a 2 choice problem:

-die from hunger

or

-steal some bread

he's an orphan kid with noone who cares about him, he's so hungry he decide to steal, but that doesn't make him bad in ANY way...

As silentsnake said, he's not a bad kid for trying to survive...and if you think otherwise, you're certainly more evil than zaku will ever be.

Aladdin did it. "Gotta eat to live, gotta steal to eat: tell you all about it when i got the time!"

lucky....

Because Zaku was cool!

Lasers? Cookies? FTW!
    (universally beloved
    moderator ex-emerita)

Aladdin did it. "Gotta eat to live, gotta steal to eat: tell you all about it when i got the time!"
    LOL. Not just a Disney reference, but a complete Disney quote! That is truly impressive. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

I wouldn't consider Zaku any worse than the average kid. What kid hasn't stolen anything, be it a cookie from the jar, or in Zaku's case a loaf of bread?

Originally posted by: KitKat
    LOL. Not just a Disney reference, but a complete Disney quote! That is truly impressive. [img][/img]

I wouldn't consider Zaku any worse than the average kid. What kid hasn't stolen anything, be it a cookie from the jar, or in Zaku's case a loaf of bread?
    yup yup, very true.

Backstory

As silentsnake said, he's not a bad kid for trying to survive...and if you think otherwise, you're certainly more evil than zaku will ever be.

If Alladin encounter Oro, will Alladin walk the same path as Zaku did. I think not.

If Robin Hood encounter Oro, will Robin Hood walk the same path as Zaku did. I think not.

Even if Oro is the best manipulator of all time, he will not be able to convince Alladin and Robin Hood to join forces with him, because Alladin and Robin are good people.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If Zaku encounter the villain from Alladin and the villain ask Zaku to join forces with him. Will Zaku joined force with the villain? I think he may joined the villain.

If Zaku encounter the villain from Robin Hood and the villain ask Zaku to join forces with him. Will Zaku joined force with the villain? I think he may join the villain.

You cannot compare Zaku and Alladin because they are two different people.

uh, i thought he was making reference to a quote and not aladdin himself.. but u noe, you don't know if aladdin wouldn't have followed the same path, i noe this sounds lame but the character development to aladdin's pre-gettingthelamp days isn't quite as detailed as all the characters in naruto.. and it's obvious Robin Hood wouldn't have because he didn't steal to live.. he stole because he's a partisan and thought there was injustice! the Robin Hood reference fell flat on your face mate!
    either way, u noe i always wonder how naruto and sasuke live.. i mean, naruto has an apartment sure.. but before that who the hell looked after him? like, fed him and stuff coz he's like.. neway, i'm sure the backstory to that will come about... (duh! the friggin thing is called naruto)

Backstory

Originally posted by: jimmymasaki
    Robin Hood wouldn't have because he didn't steal to live.. he stole because he's a partisan and thought there was injustice! the Robin Hood reference fell flat on your face mate!
    I used Robin Hood as an example because he have a tragic pass; his parent was killed and all of their property was stolen from them by the sherrif. In some way Robin and Zaku are in the same situation because the two of them has nothing.

What if during Robin's tragic time, Oro approach him. Oro also approach Zaku during his(Zaku) tragic time. Let say, Oro ask him(Robin) to form a Merry Band with him(Oro); Robid do not have a Merry Band at the beggining of the story.
    Will Robin form a Merry Band with Oro? I think not.

i think Oro could have made robin hood as a kid join him...
    first thing you do is tempt them with something they need...if they need it that badly they will come...
    what is more needed than food...
    then thats where the process starts then you make them do things little at a time...until you mold them how you want

Backstory

Originally posted by: kupalmaru
    I used Robin Hood as an example because he have a tragic pass; his parent was killed and all of their property was stolen from them by the sherrif. In some way Robin and Zaku are in the same situation because the two of them has nothing.

What if during Robin's tragic time, Oro approach him. Oro also approach Zaku during his(Zaku) tragic time. Let say, Oro ask him(Robin) to form a Merry Band with him(Oro); Robid do not have a Merry Band at the beggining of the story.
    Will Robin form a Merry Band with Oro? I think not.
    sorry, didnt realise that you were making reference to his past and not his adult life.
    but still, you'd never know if Robin Hood as a kid wouldn't have joined Oro... if Oro promised him that he'd take the crown and get rid of injustice or the poverty line i mean.. i noe this sounds harsh but kids don't know any better.
    plus, obviously he'd thought about having his merry men sometime in his life.. so if Oro came round... u never know.
    either way, i'm saying Robin Hood as a man wouldn't accept Oro's invitation or whatever... so i don't know why you're getting heated up.. because as i've said, Robin Hood was a partisan as a grown man... and he knows a little more about the world

Backstory

man, robin hood and aladdin, this is crazy, i thought this was a naruto (cool ninja anime, with kunai's and stuff) forum, not disney

so please dont compare a disney character who runs around without a top on, with a monkey with a hat, or with robin hood(cos i have a feeling hes a bit queer *cough queer cough*)

lets have a poll
    who wants to see disney characters compared to naruto characters?

Originally posted by: kAi
    i think Oro could have made robin hood as a kid join him...
    first thing you do is tempt them with something they need...if they need it that badly they will come...
    what is more needed than food...
    then thats where the process starts then you make them do things little at a time...until you mold them how you want
    sorry, didnt realise that you were making reference to his past and not his adult life.
    but still, you'd never know if Robin Hood as a kid wouldn't have joined Oro... if Oro promised him that he'd take the crown and get rid of injustice or the poverty line i mean.. i noe this sounds harsh but kids don't know any better.
    plus, obviously he'd thought about having his merry men sometime in his life.. so if Oro came round... u never know.
    either way, i'm saying Robin Hood as a man wouldn't accept Oro's invitation or whatever... so i don't know why you're getting heated up.. because as i've said, Robin Hood was a partisan as a grown man... and he knows a little more about the world
    Yea you two are right, Robin Hood as a kid is different from a Robin Hood as a man. Probably if Zaku is older he would not have joined Oro
    Your right, I really used Robin Hood as an example because he steal things. It just turn out, after reading your post, that Robin has a tragic past. HEHEHEHE

Backstory

Originally posted by: basey_69
    man, robin hood and aladdin, this is crazy, i thought this was a naruto (cool ninja anime, with kunai's and stuff) forum, not disney

so please dont compare a disney character who runs around without a top on, with a monkey with a hat, or with robin hood(cos i have a feeling hes a bit queer *cough queer cough*)

lets have a poll
    who wants to see disney characters compared to naruto characters?
    let's see who wants discussions... if you bother to read what this disney/naruto comparison is about, then maybe you'll see that it has some relevance to the topic.

neway, if you didnt know, disney's stuff is based a lot on anime and vice-versa (although MAINLY disney copies anime) SO in a way they are VERY related....

Backstory

yea your right i probably should have read more of the thread

yeah, doesn't matter. least you were 'telling us off' with a good heart.