Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chrono ressurection canceled

Chrono ressurection canceled

i have to say im extremly disapoited with he way Square Enix has treated ressurection games by issueing a Cease and Desist letter regarding there remake of the classic Chrono Trigger that will see the project close indefinatley having seen the trailer i have to say this is a great loss to fans of the original

Many of square's games have been remade before now with no problems and theyv'e often show the support for 3rd party and fan remakes honouring there games. I beleive that only after seeing the quality of this game did they bother to take action previous remakes have never had anything close to this kind of quality. judge for yourself viewing the trailer

VIEW TRAILER

How much do i suck with photoshop?

was The Next Hokage

Chrono ressuretion canceled

Wow, I wasn't even aware that they were making a "ressurection" of Chrono Trigger. It looked really good too. Oh well, as they say, easy come, easy go. For those of you who don't know, Chrono Trigger is argueably the best RPG that was made ever. If you haven't played it, I suggest you buy it as soon as you can. It's an oldie but a great game nevertheless. For those of you who don't have SNES, it is also a part of Final Fantasy Chronicles for the PS1 (its only $20 or less by now). For information about "Chrono Ressurection," you should go here.

RE: Chrono ressuretion canceled

That is a shame that remake looks kickass if i knew about this sooner i would of shown my support. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

This sig was made by KitKat.

Lasers? Cookies? FTW!
    (universally beloved
    moderator ex-emerita)

RE: Chrono ressuretion canceled

This is truly a tragedy. I grew up on Chrono Trigger, and have many happy memories of playing it. It looked like the remake was going to be pretty awesome. With all the work they've already put into it, it's so sad to see this project being shut down.

I had no idea a remake of Chrono Trigger was even in the works. My main gaming information is GameFAQS and Gamespot and neither of them mentioned anything like that. That remake looked really cool though. As Stos, Shuurai, and Kitkat said, Chrono Trigger is possibly the best RPG that ever came out to SNES. The Trailer and the screenshots looked awesome, it definetly would've been one of the best remakes of a game. Oh well though, at least I can still play it on my SNES Emulator [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img].
    This fantastic Sousuke sig was made by the one and only Lucifus! Thanks man!

I really need to get around to playing this Chrono Trigger snes rom I have. I keep hearing how great it was and still is. Guess I'll play it after I end FF3.

(Aeon's Top 5 Anime ATM)One Piece,Shakugan no Shana Second,Gundam 00,Naruto,Bleach

Crono Trigger was and still is in my opinion the best rpg

Its possible that square could be planning a sequal or a release for GBA hence the reason for the cease an desist order.

was The Next Hokage

Gets more ass than a toilet seat! Eurasian's Avatar

Originally posted by: The Next Hokage
    Crono Trigger was and still is in my opinion the best rpg
    YES!!!!!!!!!!! Chrono Trigger is the reason i play video games. oh, how i miss that game. GLENN!!!

I tried my best...

magus made a wierd noise when he teleported away from crono....

don't remember that. all i remember magus was cool as fuck. but glenn is still my favo.

I tried my best...

Awesome user with default custom title Jman's Avatar

RE: Chrono ressurection canceled

damn the trailer was beautiful. wish they didn't cancel the project. chrono trigger is one of if not the best rpg i played on the snes. my fav trio was chrono, magus and alya. nah screw that i liked em all.

Formerly known as 'Animemaster'

Originally posted by: animemaster
    damn the trailer was beautiful.
    yes, yes it was. doesn't it bring back memories??

I tried my best...

no way best trio was crono, frog, and marle. Arc Impulse......

chrono magus and marle
    chrono sword
    magus magic
    marle heal

was The Next Hokage

Hehe I remember playing this game when I was in middle school back when super nintendo was the shit. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

NOOOO THIS CAN'T BE TRUE!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Chrono Trigger is the best game ever made after FF6, and this really looked like it would do the original justice.

Originally posted by: The Next Hokage
    chrono magus and marle
    chrono sword
    magus magic
    marle heal
    magus sorta blows. hes got no double techs, and the only triple tech is with a stone.gay.

Yeah, I never used Magus.

I had Crono Luminaire like mad, while Frog and Robo used their healing double tech.

cuz the luminaire is like the most powerful move. i use it like crazy too.

magus doesn't need to team up. he's good on his own.

I tried my best...

Originally posted by: The Next HokageMany of square's games have been remade before now with no problems and theyv'e often show the support for 3rd party and fan remakes honouring there games. I beleive that only after seeing the quality of this game did they bother to take action previous remakes have never had anything close to this kind of quality. judge for yourself viewing the trailer
    When has Square shown support for fan remakes that allow people to play the game for free? This doesn't look like a professional release (although really well done), and if they were to have finished it, I doubt that they'd just hand it over to Square. From the Cease and Desist, it looks like they were working entirely outside of Square's request/desires.