Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ranma 1/2

RE: Ranma 1/2

You are right. Sorry about that it is OAV2. It's been awhile since I've watched all of Ranma. I don't have the episodes anymore so I was trying recall from what I remembered. I guess that made me confused myself.

RE: Ranma 1/2

I think the prequel comment came from the fact that you'd have seen all the characters in the second movie earlier in the series than all the characters in the big chase at the beginning of the first. I think the principal's the only late-comer that would cause that though... But yeah, there's really not much to the order of the movies, except release dates and the animation quality (2 defiantely looks newer).

Spoiler about the manga below, for those who have not read it all

About Takahashi finishing Ranma... Didn't she already finish it? Granted it left you hanging as to exactly how and when they'd get all their relations sorted out with the other characters and they never got changed back to normal, but I think more would be kinda redundant. I mean, he has both his parents again, and he's becoming less of a knuckle head about Akane (not that I ever want to see him become completely non-knuckle headed, you'd lose all the comedy). I don't really think the manga could be continued and not just be overly redundant. Now if you're talking about them finishing the anime up to the end of the manga, then that'd be GREAT! I want to see the last two volumes of the manga as a movie.

Ranma 1/2

WTF.... they made a big mistake....

In one episode of the first season Akane was mad at Ranma for some reason... and she was thinking about some of the things that had happened in the past... and one of the flashbacks showed Ranma protecting Akane saying that she was his fiancee...

And I just saw an episode of the second season (the Martial Arts Skating Competition) and that flashback where Ranma shouts that Akane is his fiancee is indeed in this episode....

So... WTF

Ranma 1/2

LOL. I remember that. It shocked me the first time I saw it, the second, and the third (Many years apart between watching).

I am trying to remember the reason. I think it had to do with the fact that each season was determined to have so many episodes. They made one season, and then they had the green light to make more. At that point, they rearranged parts of later episodes in the first season and parts of the beginning of the second season around. It was a matter of scheduling, but also shows you the fact that Ranma is not entirely linear, and some episodes are entirely separate from the other. It is more like a sitcom. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]