Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Star Ocean!

Gets more ass than a toilet seat! Eurasian's Avatar

RE: Star Ocean 3!

so my very considerate brother got the star ocean game for me. and i seriously don't follow this stuff. i depend on him. and i'm like "it's not 3!" then he told me they aren't gonna use #s. HAHAHAHA...i'm stupid. well anyways...it's my first game in a long while. the last rpg is ffx. i didn't read anything above cuz i don't want spoilers. i'm really excited though.

I tried my best...

Originally posted by: hopeknight
    Originally posted by: Terracosmo
    hopeknight, you must be playing on Earth mode. If you do that you can't get any trophies. You would have gotten at least 20 without even knowing why by now otherwise.
    Okay, I checked into it. I'm not on easy mode. I just messed up somewhere during the VR Game at the beginning where you activate the Battle Trophy mode. Oh well, I'll go collecting the trophies next time, the only reason I really want them is to unlock the alternate costumes for battle mode anyway.
    dude u can fix that i did the same thing all u need to do is start new game ski[ events then go to game room actiavte it and make the save folder for the folders and there u can get trphies again

and im waaaaay afuther then both of u
    spoilers
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    im off on the moonbase and im at lvl 4-50 and killer weapons muahhahaha pwnes

Thanks ragnarokex, I got the battle trophies working, took me about ten minutes to stack up a good 20 to 30 of them. I'm looking forward to unlocking the alternate costumes.

uhhh to do that u have to collect ex trading cards which comes alot later in the game when u get the $%^$%^$ ring and nope prlem i do wat i can to help fellow gammers [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Star Ocean 3!

No I like this game it's awesome and no one killed it like POS 3
    I Don't like to say anything twice

Star Ocean 3!

;_;

Right now I'm in a very horrible mood because I live in Europe and imported the NTSC version of this game because I couldn't wait, my PS2 is modded and it has been working fine almost all the time. Early in the game it froze a lot, when entering battles, when loading... etc. Then it ceased. Now it's started again, more than ever, there's a cave in the game with lots of dragons and I can barely enter it without the game freezing on me. I have tried cleaning the disc and this is the only game I have in which this happens. I have other imported games too. Sure some of my games have frozen from time to time but this much, never. Does anyone have the slightest idea what is wrong?! I have been waiting for this game in 3 years and I can't believe I have this bad damn luck!

Star Ocean 3!

y dont u get it moded u lazy bum it takes less then 20 mins to install it or somthing like that man
    anyways i got 3 ps2 one japanese 1 enlish and 1 english but moded

Star Ocean 3!

Heh, I just got this game, I'm not very far but it has been a pretty good game. That Penny Arcade comic is so true, whoever you don't control just gets owned.

Star Ocean 3!

Originally posted by: ragnarokex
    y dont u get it moded u lazy bum
    If it wasn't modded, I wouldn't be able to play an imported SO3 in the first place; moron. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

For some reason the game works perfectly now. Maybe the last cleaning did the trick...

Star Ocean 3!

Speaking of errors in this game, I had a small one.

*semi-small spoilers*

Right when you first get your sword back after waking up, I went to hit triangle, thinking I had to equip the sword. As I hit triangle, my screen went black and stayed that way for a good 5 minutes, eventually I got to the menu screen though. Luckily I had patience and waited instead of resetting the game.

Star Ocean 3!

I'm about 10hrs in now.

Nel dies a lot.

A lot.

Star Ocean 3!

Originally posted by: PossiblE
    Speaking of errors in this game, I had a small one.

*semi-small spoilers*

Right when you first get your sword back after waking up, I went to hit triangle, thinking I had to equip the sword. As I hit triangle, my screen went black and stayed that way for a good 5 minutes, eventually I got to the menu screen though. Luckily I had patience and waited instead of resetting the game.
    how is this a spoiler u nub its at the begging of the game and yes terramaybe u just needed to clean it
    anyways getting back on track not spoiler and wtf ur game frozzed at the begging onace u got it that must mean that game dont like ya[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Star Ocean 3!

Originally posted by: Shi_No_Shikaku

No I like this game it's awesome and no one killed it like POS 3
    and no they dont get pwned if u set them up right my members own all oposition even bossses dont mess with them seriously its just how u set up things try setting their skills better and upgrading thier skill points like add them more attack and health but not** never let ur attacks def be greater then their attack and for attack make them go all out attack dont let use attack in a well manner or wat ever its called cuz if u do one of these thigns they will be hideing in the corn with their tales between there legs haha[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Star Ocean 3!

and a lil trick if u want them to leave the area swtich to them and move them away and put them on manual and switch back and start beatin on them hehe

Star Ocean 3!

You know, you could do all that in one post... there is no need to do 3 posts in a row.

how is this a spoiler u nub its at the begging of the game and yes terramaybe u just needed to clean it
    As for this, that's why I wrote *semi-small spoiler*, it gives away a small part of the game. It's also better to do that than have someone complain later on for having something ruined because of it.

Star Ocean 3!

Ragnarokex... triple post?

Ragnarokex, don't do that again. Ever.

I started controlling Nel myself after she died for the 18th time. It works wonders + you get trophies during boss battles for taking no damage if you keep the distance and heal your fighters. ^_^

SpoilERZ:

Albel OWNS.

I'm not having Nel problems anymore. I'm at around lev 22 or so... and.... Cliff owns. I don't even think I need Fayt and Nel. He absolutely totals entire enemy parties by himself.

hehe srry i just kept on thinking of stupit right after another srry man [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Star Ocean 3!

OMG this game just got 2491 times easier. What did I do? I created an "orihalcon" in the item creation mode, upgraded it, and fused it with Fayt's current sword. An orihalcon gives you +500 (yes, 500!) damage. I upgraded it 5 times. Do the maths (2500 + broad sword's initial 200). Fayt does 2700 damage!! The rest of my party does around 300. I killed the boss I just met with 2 Aerial. It's insane I tell you!