Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anime Conventions

Anime Conventions

I know some of you may be people still living at mom/dad's basement and such, writing odd things and stories that make no sense... but have you ever gone out, shown your face at an Anime Convention?

I know I have
    I live in Dallas where the famous Project A-Kon takes place...
    I have been to 3 consecutive Kons 13-14-15, and various mini-cons around the metroplex...

how about you?

RE: Anime Conventions

I got Sakura Con up in my neck of the woods but the only reason I would go would be to rile up those ultra knowlagable guys into a full blown hissy fit about weather you pronounce Alucard "alucard". It's funny to watch their face slowly go from pale white to cherry red. Muha ha ha. I might go to the 2005 Sakura for a larf.

Here, I have a few pictures of me at A-Kon 15
    And for morw pics... check out my web page

hmm....the first pic kinda looks, well, gay. probably cuz the shirt says anbu.

the second ones not bad, but the whole "white samurai/ninja" things never really worked with me.

i've personally never been to a con, but i would liek to go. unfortunatel im the only one intrested in anime, of all my friends, so its rather hard. i dont wanna go alone for fear of being attacked by 40 yr old sailormoon wannabe's

i live near toronto, so the only con i've heard of here is Anime North. i mite check it out sometime in the next few years

i rather not... check the pics that is.

i wonder what mut@t@ will say when he sees this.

besides this is in the wrong section, this should be in general discussions.

Yeah Mut@t@ will be pleased to see this.

Gets more ass than a toilet seat! Eurasian's Avatar

Anime Conventions

i went to anime expo...but i didn't cosplay. but i did take lots and lots of photo. i thought it was dorky...but then everyone cosplayed and i end up being dorky for not cosplaying. but i have dedication like some ppl. they spend month some even years. if i do cosplay, i'll buy it from ebay.

I tried my best...

Lasers? Cookies? FTW!
    (universally beloved
    moderator ex-emerita)

Originally posted by: Assassin

i've personally never been to a con, but i would liek to go. unfortunatel im the only one intrested in anime, of all my friends, so its rather hard. i dont wanna go alone for fear of being attacked by 40 yr old sailormoon wannabe's

i live near toronto, so the only con i've heard of here is Anime North. i mite check it out sometime in the next few years
    I actually went to Anime North this year (sadly enough, I'd only ever watched Escaflowne at the time) and it was a little overwhelming. The two guys I went with cosplayed, and everyone was always wanting to get their pictures. My sister and I kind of stood off to the sides and tried to absorb everything around us. The number of people cosplaying FF characters was reassuring, since we'd both played through all the FF games. But there was this atmosphere of.....weird fanaticism I guess.

It almost scared me off, but I bounced back and went to CNAnime in Toronto on Saturday. Since it was a joint SF-Anime-Horror-Comic con, I figured the trekkies would outnumber everyone, especially since a number of Star Trek actors were featured in the guest list. However, I was shocked to only see one lone Klingon representing ST, and I had to wade through a sea of anime cosplayers to take two steps in any direction. It was ok, but not overwhelmingly fun. One day was enough for me.

I went to Anime Expo this year, enjoyed it, and I usually go to Sakura Con since I live in WA state.
    Lefy I'll probably be going to Sakura con 2005 too [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

heh i live in texas, closest one would prolly be the one in dallas ^. Nice pics btw...

Trunkins where'd you get the ANBU shirt?

does anyone know of any cons that are hosted near northeast florida the closest one iv heard about was in orlando which is a really long drive

Well cant help ya there TruthofMistake but theres one in WVa this november!!! the first ever in this state! if anybody here is within 200 miles of charleston the last week of nov. please do attend Im hopeing therell be a huge turn out so itll be a more common thing [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] and no Im not scared to show my face Im accually kind of slim, fit, and attractive for somebody that watches anime all the time *looks over at his avatar* I look kind of like vash [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I live in israel, the closest setious anime convention would require me to pass either the atlantic ocean or to go through hostile territory (or both).

however, there is an anime stand which sells anime stuff (wallscrols and toys, mostly) at my town once a week, so i sometimes drop there and pound some anime knowledge into the other people's brains.

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

Anime Conventions

I go to a local Con, Sakura Con. They're fun, it makes me feel pretty among all the ugly people, but then makes me feel ugly when there are actually really pretty people there [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

EDIT: Dude wtf Lefty you go to Sakura Con too? Wow. What part of Washington you live in?

Anime Conventions

Im not really big on cons, but AWA *Anime Weekend Atlanta* Is next weekend, I'll definatly be there to check it out

Anime Conventions

I'm gonna be at Nan Desu Kan in Denver tomorrow, Ghetto-cosplaying Luffy from One Piece. Fear me.

Anime Conventions

Sorry girls but i went to Otakon this year! saw L'arc en ciel perform Ready Steady Go live. Probly the most fun I ever had. 4 days of hangin out in the hotel raiding the mini-bar at night then walkin around the con. The AMV's were great and im pretty sure i saw mut@t@'s mom there[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] Anyone else here go? I was the one walking around with the naruto plushie in my shirt [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Gets more ass than a toilet seat! Eurasian's Avatar

Anime Conventions

WHAT!?!? not fair!!! i'm so jealous of u kagemane. where is otakon?

how do u know u saw his mom???

I tried my best...

Anime Conventions

Originally posted by: Eurasian
    WHAT!?!? not fair!!! i'm so jealous of u kagemane. where is otakon?

how do u know u saw his mom???
    Otakon is in Baltimore biggest in the north east or somethin like that. And trust me i never forget a face[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]