Thread: CG'ed manga pages for fun

CG'ed manga pages for fun

i thought id share a couple pages of manga i colored for the fun of it...

http://apurfektworld.com/art/CG/chapter028_13CG.jpg
    this one wasnt really colored in detail..at all, i just figure id mess around in this one trying to get the appropriate look for a kyuubi type scene..i cant tell if it turned out "ok" or just messy.

http://apurfektworld.com/art/CG/chapter080_12CG.jpg
    heres the other one ive done, not alot of detail in this one either, one of my favorite parts though ^^;

i was wondering if anyone else does this? just kinda coloring manga pages for the fun of it/practice..because i could use a few pointers on approaching something like this in a better way.

What i did was put the manga page on the bottom layer, then all layers of color ontop with "mutliply" setting, so the lines came through. But this doesnt look very clean and causes alot of trouble when trying to do certain things, so its harder to color this way. I was wondering how other people do this? i know some one colors some pages with the INANE releases, do they re-ink the whole page themselves in photoshop? or is there method im not aware of yet?

RE: CG'ed manga pages for fun

if your hard core about coloring it you can make lineart outta the base image and then color underneath, it opens up alot of possibilities style and shade wise. but yeh i like to color too, i tend to spend craploads of time on a single pic though so i dont do it often [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

how do i make line art out of the base image? >_> you mean like, going over all the lines with your own?

bingo

Just make sure you do it at like 800 to 1000 dpi to a get a really crisp image out of you trace. When coloring or making the base line art to color. Use the as many layers as you can. It saves you a lot of hurt in the long run when you go back and redo something. Good luck.

nice, just gotta comment on the colors in the hinata one, her jacket his grayish blue not redish pink.

You don't have to go over the lines yourself. If you're using PS7 or PS8 you can do it very easily.

Open the image, duplicate the locked background layer and delete the original. In the new layer, click the "preserve transparency" button at the top of the layer window. After that, go to the channels tab and towards the bottom there is a circle button named "load image to selection" or something. Click that, delete the selection and unselect. After that, you'll have just the line art. Go over it all with a black brush (100% opacity) and you'll have nice dark lines under which you can color.

I usally keep the original for shadow refrence. Color refrence as well(Yes color refrence, you can tell a lot from just a black and white image how the color's will interact with each other.). Plus it helps to have a refrence from how far you've come. this kinda of work will tak alot of patience and time so don't rush it. Also I suggest using the caligraphy brushes for the line art. They give a very nice line's and give it a inked feel as well.

i colored it different on purpose, i like giving the characters different colors somtimes, we've all already seen her in tan colored clothes ^^

thanks for all the ideas and comments, ill be sure to try the couple different ways suggested

A new manga image colored , just for fun and practice, i know its a double post but i didnt want to start a new thread and its not really fan art either >.>

spoiler image.
    -----------------------
    http://apurfektworld.com/art/CG/chapter197_16.jpg
    -----------------------

*sigh*

1. don't double post. i know you want to bump this thread, but editing bumps up the thread too.

2. spoilers are not allowed in the Anime Fanart. it's good that you made it a link.

EDIT: i'm being a bit anal about this, but cmon guys. all of us gotta do what we gotta do. TEAM WORK!
    www.rolleyes.net/

Financial aspect of my life is revealed.