Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Manga: Soul Eater

Manga: Soul Eater

does any1 know where to get the manga soul eater??? becuz i only got chapter 1 of the book

Soul Eater is a funny manga about three shinigami students with their partners who can transform into weapons. they must train their weapons and eat 99 souls and a soul of a witch in order to be proper shinigami. its a really funny manga with lots of lovable characters and fanservice.
    Last edited by Munsu; Fri, 03-23-2007 at 09:49 AM.

soul eater

#manga-rain on irc.irchighway.net chapter 3 was released today pretty funny i hope this becomes a good one

I've really been liking this series so far. 12 chapters are out, partway through volume 4. First, a proper description.

Soul Eater is about several students at a school for Shinigami. They all operate in pairs, one who can turn into a weapon, appropriately called a Weapon, and a Technician, who uses their transformed partner. The Weapons eat bad souls in society. In order to train themselves, the Technician and Weapon must consume 99 souls and the soul of a witch to become proper Shinigami. The story follows Maka, a young, smart Technician, and her parter Soul Eater, who transforms into a scythe.

It's funny series with a weird artistic style, those who've read Rave Master or Shaman King will probably see some similarities. The series is definitely a comedy, but there are a lot of good action parts.

manga-rain is currently scanning the series, doing an excellent job as always.

I've been meaning to read this... does it have a constant plot throughout the series? Like a series long mystery, or various connecting arcs.

Partway in the second volume I believe, they introduce an arc that has to do with the witches, and presumably will run the course of the series. It has a lot of smaller arcs and stand alone chapters, but the one arc is in the background of every arc that follows it.

Sorry if that sounds vague, I'm trying not to spoil until someone else catches up.

Started reading some of the intro chapters and couldn't get into it, didn't like the style and seemed kinda dumb at times. The story telling style seemed to remind me of My Name is Zushio, which I didn't like either.

Well, seeing as there's an anime now and it has been quite good, I'm going to start reading the manga.

Any of you guys up-to-date with it? Since the anime started there has been constant releases of the series, so we should have frequent/weekly releases from here on out or something.

Mahou-x picked up were Manga-Rain left off. They're up to volume 7 chapter 25 at the moment. In Japan, the manga is currently at volume 11.

I am currently up-to-date with the series and it is a worthwhile read if you like the anime episodes.

Well chapter 26 just recently got released:

I'm finally caught up to the latest release, and this has been a cool series to read. Freaking introductory chapters prevented me from getting into this series, thankfully the anime brought a renew interest on the series. If the anime follows this closely or remotely closely, it should turn out to be a great series.

A ton of powerful enemies have come up, but it's wierd that Maka and company haven't been collecting souls for a while now. I like the insanity spreading bit, especially with Stein getting all crazy, and you don't know when he's about crack.

I'm glad Medusa is still making appearances, she was a cool character... I hope they give her a great VA.

I doubt Medusa is dead (at least i don't want her to be) since there was a few hints at her being alive. The Death Scythes that Shinigami called in all seems to be badass and i can't wait to see what they can do.

I can totally see Medusa reviving and then seduce an insane Stein into working for Asura.

Seeing the snake leave through the sewers, and then seeing how her big sister survived by dividing herself into spiders, then surely she's still alive. But, I was more reffering to how Stein's insanity keeps her around in a fairly frequent manner. She's my favorite character so far.

Yeah, all the Death Scythes seem like badasses... the Priest, was more kickass that I would've imagined. It was pretty cool seeing him fight by himself and with the earphones. It seems like that had some sort of impact on Soul, do you think he'll be doing some of the same... fighting alone? I myself think it will to some extent, but ultimately it will be about he and Maka getting more in-sync together.

I think Soul just feels inadequate since he constantly talks about being a cool man, there is really nothing cool about helplessly watching your partner get hurt when she is incapable of wielding you.

The Thompson sisters proved that they can handle themselves without kid and Tsubaki can transform into various weapon so she is handy for various situation. Soul is the only one so far who is probably completely helpless if his partner isn't around or is incapacitated so right now he is really a tool rather then a partner.

It would be really interesting to see Soul learning some new moves that will help him fight along side Maka in a synchronize manner

Mahou-X released up to 34, grab em at Mangatraders

Recently got caught up with the series and man it is getting good.

spoilers below:

It seems like we now have 3 factions fighting over the Demon Tools.

I'm really glad Medusa created her own group rather than join up with her sister and i'm really curious about the 3rd sister and when she will come into play.

Oh and Chrona inner conflict is also great since her unstable personality makes it hard to predict which route she might go.

/drool
    new addiction obtained.

BTW according to Wikipedia the Manga has been licensed by a newer group call Yen Press, who is serializing the manga in it's new monthly publication. You can probally ignore it and just wait for the volumes to appear, but that won't be till around 2008. Nontheless, /begins DLing.

ANBU Captain
    this is becoming my favorite manga the deeper i get into it. im at 48 and cant wait for the next ch. It sucks because apparently 49 and 50 are out and i cant find em.

Blog Entries
    Is it just me or do the character look sillier in the anime than they do in the manga? Also, Maka kind of reminds me of Hermione in the manga for some reason...

actually in the manga they look younger to me... still i havent read all the manga so i wouldnt know (actually i read only six chapters into the manga... they look way to underage in the manga so i wasnt sure to read it, hoping the anime will make it deeper or something...)

Quote Originally Posted by The Archangel
    Is it just me or do the character look sillier in the anime than they do in the manga? Also, Maka kind of reminds me of Hermione in the manga for some reason...
    They do, Soul always has this retarded face, but it's cool. Also, if you guys didn't know, chapter 52 comes out Aug 12th.

LaZie made this...a long time ago.

"It was a very depressing time in my life, since I had no money I was unable to screw the rules" -Kaiba

New Soul Eater is out and about...

Chapter 53