Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Manga: Soul Eater

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Destrado View Post
    Don't know if anyone's still following this...

Link http://mangacurse.info/reader/?manga...r=Chapter%2081
    Haha, thanks for the link. That group's English needs some work though.

But other than that, it was alright. The monthly releases don't do well with my memory, and the lack of coherency I get from it all just breaks any suspense for me.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Student
    I'm finding it a bit messed up since they came out of the book of Eibon, like Noah killing and wounding several powerful characters and then being beaten up "easily" by the Spartoi.

ANBU Captain
    Wow noah seemed pretty weak....i was hoping for a more impressive battle. Oh well at least kid showed off a new powerful technique. I hate to sound like a pessimist but does this manga seem like it's going anywhere? Maybe its the monthly releases that are taking away from the allure of this manga. I was starting to get hype once blackstar and kid fought and was hoping for a more drawn out battle between kid, noah, and BS. I guess all that's left is the kishin and justin law for however long they feel like adding new enemies....

Student
    Yeah, the spaced releases don't do me any good either I did pick a nice number of similar mangas to read - berserk, change 123, gantz, hunter x hunter, vinland saga - so I'm used to waiting and re-reading previous chapters.

@Buffalo - yeah, the group's english wasn't the best, but I guess beggars can't be chosers

Jounin
    I liked their online reader though. Loaded pages while you where reading so the page change became instant. the waiting was always one of the drawbacks of reading online.

Anyways, yea Noah died way to easy. I guess it's meant to showcase just how powerful his new Shinigami power was. After all it's supposed to be the one his father uses. The reason this manga seem slow is because there is not enough Blackstar. Every page should be Blackstar and Tsubaki

ANBU Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by TwisT View Post
    I liked their online reader though. Loaded pages while you where reading so the page change became instant. the waiting was always one of the drawbacks of reading online.

Anyways, yea Noah died way to easy. I guess it's meant to showcase just how powerful his new Shinigami power was. After all it's supposed to be the one his father uses. The reason this manga seem slow is because there is not enough Blackstar. Every page should be Blackstar and Tsubaki
    this. qft

Chapter 81 - ms / bink

mangastream / binktopia

MediaFire | SendSpace | Online Viewing

Chapter 82

mangastream / binktopia

Soul Eater Not! - Chapter 01

mangastream / binktopia

To be honest, this felt more like Soul Eater than the real chapters have for a while now.

I've always thought it an entertaining, if quite cheap, dramatic method to have some fresh newbie view the older main characters as advanced fighters. Since we have seen those people from the beginning when they weren't much more than these people, it will have some impact. Well... Maybe they weren't this noob ever. They had quite extraordinary circumstances, I suppose. Most of them.

Blog Entries
    Really puts things in perspective doesn't it? You can diss Maka for doing poorly in most of her fights but these regular Joes have trouble with just basic procedures while she held her own against world class monsters.

Personally i think I'll enjoy this spinoff, maybe even a little more than the original.

Didn't Soul Eater used to be a monthly? Seems to come out alot more often now.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnder View Post
    Didn't Soul Eater used to be a monthly? Seems to come out alot more often now.
    It still is monthly. Chapter 81 was released in December. No one scanlated it until this month. Chapter 82 is this month's chapter and Not! is a new spin-off series.
    Last edited by Marik; Thu, 01-20-2011 at 01:56 PM. Reason: typo

I love the line "It's kind of different from the threesome I imagined"

But exactly the kind of threesome the audience was hoping for I'm sure.

Student
    The spinoff chapter was great (can't get enough Soul Eater, I guess), but the latest chapter was great, too. Glad to have Tlezca "back", and the Book of Eibon got a little more interesting.

Still, can't get over the fact that the teachers were so easily defeated by Noah's basic creeps, only to let Blackstar and Kid shine by killing them and an even tougher monster almost effortlessly.

Chapter 83

mangastream / binktopia

Blog Entries

Soul Eater Not! - Chapter 02

mangastream / binktopia

Last edited by Marik; Sun, 02-20-2011 at 05:04 PM. Reason: MediaFire giving me all kinds of hell.

When they talked about minding the witch, I thought how can somebody fear Kim, but then came the mafia scene and I was reminded of her money hungry disposition. I guess that's something to fear, har har.

This actually made me wonder where the old heroes are living. Soul and Maka's apartment always made me think of simply some flat downtown, not a dormitory. No idea about Black Star and Tsubaki, though. I don't think we have even seen their apartment more than a couple of times and only with cursory glimpses. Kid, of course, has his own fricking mansion. Maka and Soul might have had the financial backing to get their own place. Black Star and Tsubaki might not have such luxury, especially Black Star who had his whole past erased away except for ghastly rumours.

But then again, I never really paid attention or thought about it more deeply.

Blog Entries
    I'm curious as how this part of the story stands in the timeline, Kim has already been revealed as a witch but these new students don't seem to be much worried on the impending menace from the spreading madness around the world

Maybe they're just naive or maybe the whole thing was kept under wraps ( unlikely though, the demon god destroyed half the city in his undies )