Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Manga: Soul Eater

I'm not sure what good flying would have done considering they are inside the book, which might equal to being inside limited space. I was also thinking of the black blood during the combat but I doubt it would have mattered in the end, especially since she can't use it as effectively as Crona.

I have to admit that it was a bit annoying she was already giving up and then won simply out of luck. It would have been far more stylish if she had been ready to fight till the end, despite not having a chance, and then get saved by sheer luck. Even more stupid was how she actually tried to tell Giriko to stop fighting in order to save himself instead of coaxing him to proceed and thus doom himself.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    I actually thought she did that on purpose.

The whole Evil Goatie look on Kidd is a nice idea. It's not completely radical, but enough of a change to show his current state.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

I finally at the same pace as the rest of you guys...
    Finished watching the anime last week (last 20 episodes... kinda bad), and now I'm on track with the manga.

it's one chapter per month, right?
    does it have any set schedule? like the 2nd sunday of each month, or something more concrete than "it's released when it's released"?

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

Blog Entries
    Pretty much released when it's released, there aren't even any groups consistently releasing it

Chapter 78

mangastream / binktopia

MediaFire | SendSpace | Online Viewing

Blog Entries
    Soul Eater has been so slow lately :-/

Chapter 79

mangastream / binktopia

The old folks got their asses kicked far too easily. It'll end up ridiculous if the Spartoi now wipes the floor with Noah & co. They aren't that tough yet, surely. Just before the operation Stein still managed to beat Black Star, yet now he just stood wondering while everybody and their teddy bears got maimed.

Despite that complaint, I really felt like this story is getting back on track with this chapter. I disliked the trip inside the book stuff greatly.

It would be sad if the older weapons and technicians all died, though. A couple should die, of course, to make it serious business.

I'm guessing Noa would retreat, considering all that happened, he might want to reassert the worth of each character to his collection.
    and there wouldn't be any point in harming potential targets.

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

He probably should reassert other things as well, seeing how Kid is now standing in front of him, out of the prison in the book. No use to trap people there if they shortly after walk away free.

What was that black mess that Kid and Black Star were talking to that "helped" them out of the book? I'm utterly confused at the moment.

I guess it was something from the days of Shinigami, Eibon, Asura and the rest of the big ones.

I didn't really like the whole book arc enough to spend two thoughts in it.

Chapter 80

mangastream / binktopia

I wonder if Black Star's white star eyes are there to stay. Probably not off combat but they could signify a powered-up mode when facing stronger opponents. They didn't have previously an overly good image, being associated to his human soul eating clan, but on the other hand I got the impression they were also a mark of power. A bloodline trait of his.

What's holding them back from madness while using the power of it? Kid and Black Star seemed to be in fine control of themselves and simply wanted Maka to give them a power boost with Chain Resonance. It doesn't quite make sense for this infective Madness that they've been trying to eliminate for so long to be an actually harnessed power.

It'd make more sense if they were constantly being held back from madness takeover by having Maka and Soul keep it on a leash via Chain Resonance instead - Claymore style.

Blog Entries
    I never expected Soul Eater to make much sense in the beginning so i certainly won't expect it to remain coherent now that it's popular

What i would give a right arm for though is more plot and character development in between all the badassery. It would also be nice if Maka could stop sucking, but i won't ask for too much.

The way I see the harnessing madness power issue is that since they did beat the formless madness entity inside the book by claiming control over themselves and their desires, they also gained some power over the effects of madness itself. So, they can let a little madness in and focus it as killing intent, like Kid said, yet lose nothing else (at least permanently).

Student
    Don't know if anyone's still following this...

Link http://mangacurse.info/reader/?manga...r=Chapter%2081

These chapters of late have been kind of muddy. In part I appreciate including more of the madness as a tool (since madness is such a big deal in the Soul Eater world) but maybe partially because of it the story and art of late haven't been as nice and cool, and punk, as they were in the beginning.