Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Manga: Soul Eater

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Well I never really expected Soul Eater to necessarily make up for 4-weekly chapters' worth of content. I just let it flow, and for a setup chapter it didn't do badly.

I'm glad Maka got rid of those cutesy angel wings for real wings. That Card-Captor-Sakura style flight style was good for nothing except looking cutesy.

So right now, that makes half of Spartoi highly mobile:

Fast: Kid, Kim, Maka

Foot: Black Star, Black-guy-with-fists, Ox

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Blog Entries
    I still want to know wtf can a scythe technician do without a blade ...

Chapter 65

Binktopia - Download - Online Viewing

Blog Entries
    How perverted am i to think that chrona looks hot on page 33?

When the Witch Hunter landed, it looked like the staff rather than the blade struck the black-winged (Gropher?) guy.

That's what you get when you use a scythe like an axe. I don't know if you have ever used a scythe, but if you have, you also know the technique for cutting with it is unique for the tool (although nothing fancy).

Damn this is slow reading. Once a month and nothing much seems to happen. As much as I like the series and the characters, the slowness almost makes it not worth it.

Blog Entries

Chapter 66

Sugooi - Online Viewing

-----------------------------------------------------------

Well the last page was the only interesting thing in the whole chapter >_>

Chapter 67

Sugooi Scans

MediaFire | Online Viewing

This fight offered little fun. It was nothing but Medusa testing attributes so it never would have had any sort of meaningful conclusion. The Clown was expected to lose right from the beginning.

The next fight, however, should be far more interesting. I doubt Black Star is going to end the fight with a friendship beam like Maka did in the past so it should either have a bloody end or something will interfere. I doubt Crona will die so I suppose Medusa will withdraw her at some point. Once the experiment is over. But it should be entertaining until then.

The way Black Star carried himself on pg22 reminded me of Bruce Lee. Funnily enough, I think it was those pants.

Can someone refresh me of what happened to Crona? It's confusing me since all I remember is the anime version where Maka retrieves her from the desert.

Chapter 68

Sugooi Scans

MediaFire | Online Viewing

Seems like Crona has been subjected to a complete mind wipe. Forgetting all about Maka would require nothing less, for sure. Medusa is one nasty mama.

Somehow I don't find this fight too exciting. Hard to explain why. Maybe it's because Black Star was fated to win it and maybe because Crona is such a sad character that I don't really enjoy seeing her fight any Shibusen folks. There are real villains out there and seeing them put up a good fight or get beaten is far more interesting and satisfying.

I did enjoy Black Star's joke and Tsubaki's unimpressed response, though.

Franky's chapter 69

- - - - -

Kind of a jumpy chapter, covering almost everybody and thus covering them only briefly. Little got concluded, though. Medusa escaped, Crona escaped. At least the frog witch got caught by Black Star. Although I've no idea if that dude can actually guard and detain a prisoner even for a moment. I hope he can or we will be left with nothing concrete at all after this arc. Especially with Soul and Maka only talking about the grand and highly important matter of love partnering letters. As if those two would ever be separated.

I'm not really following the story anymore, and this chapter proved that it's a bit hard to do so. Being a monthly thing doesn't help, but I finally got to motivation to read this.

Kid's moment was the best thing that happened this month.

Blog Entries
    So who's still following this?

The latest chapter was pretty hilarious, i can't believe Tsubaki is still in boy form

That certainly doesn't make this any better for me seeing how the Black Star-Tsubaki pair is my favorite. Now it'd be yaoi...

I'm not liking the setting that much either. It feels quite cheap and the sins are hardly used at all beyond a very superficial effect. I guess what's happening to Maka right now is a bit deeper but it's still so cliched and not really dependent on the book if you think about it. So, I can't help but feel this is more or less wasted time.

Soul Eater used to be one of my favorite manga but the monthly schedule and these chapters are really hurting it.

can anyone find chapter 72?

nvm: reading....

Blog Entries
    Chapter 77

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bah, hax victories...

I didn't actually mind it that much. In fact it seemed somewhat fitting. Maka was never depicted as a fighter of infinite potential in my opinion (unlike Black Star, for example, or Kid due to his heritage), although she has the special attributes to greatly enhance her practical level of power against most opponents, even truly dangerous ones. However, what I found reasonable is that once those special attributes were proven ineffective, she was only good, but not amazing as one should have been against somebody with 800 years worth of bloodlust and skills.

So, this was far better, no matter how funnily flat it fell in a certain sense, than Maka powering up and beating him - which in my opinion would have rather meant he wasn't that great to begin with. Now he could be considered a real mofo who was defeated by himself and back luck, not by anybody weaker.

Honestly I'm far more looking forward to the other fight. The last time we saw Black Star and Kid fight was during Black Star's slump. Now the roles are probably reversed. Even though Black Star was shown with the White Star eyes, I doubt he will fall there again, not at this point when he's practically the most powerful he has ever been, with or without Tsubaki, and he has a pretty clear path in front of him. And a couple of recent victories against tough opponents to back up his self-confidence, no less.

Blog Entries
    What felt wrong about it was that this isn't the first time Maka wins because of luck or because her skills just happened to bea perfect match against her opponent.

Not only that, she didn't even use all her trump cards like flying or the black blood