Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Manga: Soul Eater

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian
    I don't get what you mean. That's his Strike Team uniform, and he hasn't eaten Arachne's soul till that final slide.

Or are you saying you want to see a new look when he upgrades?
    Look at his design on the cover

Here

It's slightly different than normal isn't it?

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Ah, I get you now. I was too distracted by the uniforms.

Though Soul Eater's hardly romance-centered, I find myself hoping for a Liz x Kid pairing the most. You've got to be one hell of a woman to put up with that guy's OCD though.

-Must tear toilet paper symmetrically!

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Blog Entries

As Archie's post illustrated more clearly than any words could, Kidd's pairing will always be a threesome. The Thomson girls are pretty thoroughly devoted to him, and they're sisters, they know how to share.

As for Kidd himself, how could he be satisfied with anything less than a girl on each arm?

Chapter 63

Franky-House - MediaFire - SendSpace - Torrent

MaP -
    OneManga

Haha, that is so Kid

"Mirror mirror on the stand, could you connect me with Azu-nyan?" Haha.

Maka's dreams of an angel and Soul's inability to picture Maka as one were surely 100% consistent with everything seen so far. Looks like the troubles between those two haven't been magically fixed.

One thing that bothers me, though, is how Tsubaki seems to go through so little training. Black Star is training all the time but Tsubaki seems to just develop on the side (magically) to keep up with him - with the sole exception of eating her brother's soul. I suppose it could be due to her being of uber high potential to begin with but it would still be nice to see her actively developing like Soul is all the time.

Haha, that is so Kid
    Indeed, that made me laugh.

I wonder where Medusa is while all of this is going on and if she has any connections to this Noah guy.

That was a cute image of Tsubaki playing with Thunder, Fire, and Angela. I'd like to see more her doing more though, rather than just passing time.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraco
    "Mirror mirror on the stand, could you connect me with Azu-nyan?" Haha.
    I was disappointed when the death scythe appeared , i was hoping for some uber K-ON! - Soul Eater crossover there :P

Is anyone else sort of disapointed with Soul's "new" form? He looks just like the usual Soul, with minor changes. Not cool like Spirit, not at all.

The whole angel thing came out of nowhere, and i'm not sure if they should really be practicing flying right now when they don't have long range attacks ( well witch hunter did blast off once but that looked like an accident )
    Then again it might give them more speed so who knows

Kid reorganizing the books contents... i loled xD
    But it sucks seeing him our of action, i hope this situation doesn't keep up much longer, even if it does give the rest of the team time to reach his level of power

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel
    Is anyone else sort of disapointed with Soul's "new" form? He looks just like the usual Soul, with minor changes. Not cool like Spirit, not at all.r
    Yeah, I am. I was expecting something badass looking, but then he transformed and didn't look much different.

Is anyone else sort of disapointed with Soul's "new" form? He looks just like the usual Soul, with minor changes. Not cool like Spirit, not at all.
    Were we ever shown what Spirit looked like before he became a Death Scythe? It's possible he was just naturally good looking.

I'm happy with the way they've done things. Eating a witch's soul didn't give you a sudden magical boost in fighting powers. Rather it unlocked paths to new abilities, but you still have to train and practice to use them.

It gives characters their power boost without feeling cheap.

As for Tsubaki, like Kraco said, she's had a huge potential increase since she absorbed her brother. The whole time after that Black Star was training so he could use her untapped ability.

They've implied they've reached that limit though, with Black Star unlocking all those different forms and modes, so hopefully we'll see Tsubaki finally having a reason to improve herself.

Blog Entries
    Some automatic powerups wouldn't be that bad, since compared to the rest of the team maka seems so lacking in power ( she and soul are supposed to be the main characters right?)

And why do you assume they've completely unlocked Tsubaki's abilities Bill? We haven't even seen them use soul resonance on those forms have we?

And why do you assume they've completely unlocked Tsubaki's abilities Bill? We haven't even seen them use soul resonance on those forms have we?
    I assumed that because Black Star seems to have reached an agreement with the Stag (inner spirit of the sword. Forgot Never remembered his name).

You're right though in that it doesn't necessarily mean he's unlocked all of Tsubaki's current abilities.

It's just that before, Black Star's main problem was having his soul wavelength zapped by the sword. By the end of Arachne's arc, he was fine with keeping Tsubaki in Demon Blade mode and everything, so I assumed there were "zero problems".

Blog Entries
    I assumed that because Black Star seems to have reached an agreement with the Stag (inner spirit of the sword. Forgot Never remembered his name).

You're right though in that it doesn't necessarily mean he's unlocked all of Tsubaki's current abilities.

It's just that before, Black Star's main problem was having his soul wavelength zapped by the sword. By the end of Arachne's arc, he was fine with keeping Tsubaki in Demon Blade mode and everything, so I assumed there were "zero problems".
    Masamune i think ( as the legendary sword you know? )

It's likely that he has the capacity to use Tsubaki to 100% of her abilities right now, so all that's needed is training just Like Stein said

Some automatic powerups wouldn't be that bad, since compared to the rest of the team maka seems so lacking in power ( she and soul are supposed to be the main characters right?)
    She has quite a unique attack power, though. We don't know if Black Star's new moves are anything but a big increase in power, but it seems to me like Maka's demon slayer is not only power but something inherently toxic to witches and other nasty folks. So, she might already possess a skill completely unparallelled by the others. Kid is of course is a highly unpredictable entity considering he's not even human but should be a monster like his old man, even if not yet as developed, so it's hard to compare him to Maka and Black Star.

Generally speaking Maka won't be acquiring melee skills comparable to Black Star any time soon simply because she's never training such things. And needless to say, those martial skills (and his questionable ninja skills) are a huge part of Black Star's power. Black Star and Maka won't ever grow any closer in this field, only further apart.

Keeping that in mind it also makes some sense that Maka and Soul aren't now training to achieve more attacks but patch their other lacking skills like mobility.

Chapter 64

MaP scans - SendSpace - One Manga
    Last edited by Marik; Fri, 08-14-2009 at 10:01 PM.

Blog Entries
    What a fucking lame chapter

Nothing happened!

What a fucking lame chapter

Nothing happened!
    Agreed, but Maka did look pretty badass at the end, though. The interaction between her and her papa is always enjoyable for me. The upcoming fight between the white angel and the black angel, will hopefully be good.

Meanwhile, the others sit and eat ice cream... How exciting.

Actually this wouldn't have been bad if there wasn't again a month's wait until the next chapter.

Blog Entries
    Well duh? I always expect much fro SE because it's a monthly release, but this was bleach manga level shit right here